Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

WR250R clutch wire?

Go down 
+6
SheWolf
velvetcows
joenuclear
YZEtc
stumo
Tyler
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Tyler

Tyler

WR250R clutch wire? Empty
PostSubject: WR250R clutch wire?   WR250R clutch wire? EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 7:53 pm

Hello , the other day i was washing my bike when i noticed that the was a weird wire type thing that was sticking out of the clutch level near the cable. I pushed it in and it poped back out as soon as i pulled in the clutch level. does anybody know what it is or how to fix it? thanks!
Back to top Go down
stumo

PostSubject: Re: WR250R clutch wire?   WR250R clutch wire? EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 8:17 pm

It's the connection for the foofoo valve.

The foofoo valve acts like a supercharger and boost power.

It's why it's much more powerful than the KLR as that doesn't have one.
Back to top Go down
Tyler

Tyler

PostSubject: Re: WR250R clutch wire?   WR250R clutch wire? EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 8:34 pm

is it bad if i ride it w/out getting the problem fixed?
Back to top Go down
stumo

PostSubject: Re: WR250R clutch wire?   WR250R clutch wire? EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 9:20 pm

You're best fixing it or you'll burn out the foofoo valve and your bike will end up slower than an XR75 !
Back to top Go down
Tyler

Tyler

PostSubject: Re: WR250R clutch wire?   WR250R clutch wire? EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 9:36 pm

crap i rode 250 miles with it unfixed >.< does it control the exup valve flap?
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: WR250R clutch wire?   WR250R clutch wire? EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 9:43 pm

Sounds like the switch that won't let the starter motor work unless you pull the clutch lever in while the bike is in gear.
Back to top Go down
Tyler

Tyler

PostSubject: Re: WR250R clutch wire?   WR250R clutch wire? EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 9:57 pm

thats what i was thinking too but i ran some tests and it started up either way kickstand was up
Back to top Go down
joenuclear

joenuclear

PostSubject: Re: WR250R clutch wire?   WR250R clutch wire? EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 9:58 pm

YZEtc wrote:
Sounds like the switch that won't let the starter motor work unless you pull the clutch lever in while the bike is in gear.

Nope, it's the foofoo valve. Unless it controls the pitch governor.
Back to top Go down
velvetcows

velvetcows

PostSubject: Re: WR250R clutch wire?   WR250R clutch wire? EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 9:59 pm

My foofoo valve went out 500 miles after that wire popped out. Had to completely tear down the motor and rebuild it with a new bottom end.
Back to top Go down
Tyler

Tyler

PostSubject: Re: WR250R clutch wire?   WR250R clutch wire? EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 10:10 pm

ive still got a warranty on it im going to have the dealer take a look. thanks for scaring me! cheers
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: WR250R clutch wire?   WR250R clutch wire? EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 11:01 pm

Oh, yes.
The foofoo valve and the muffler bearings.
Classics. :)
Back to top Go down
Tyler

Tyler

PostSubject: Re: WR250R clutch wire?   WR250R clutch wire? EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 11:02 pm

hopefully it'll give me an incentive on buying an FMF system but is it worth the upgrade $$ wise ?
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: WR250R clutch wire?   WR250R clutch wire? EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 1:32 am

I'd have to say it is. Unplug that thing and let er rip! WR250R clutch wire? 61865

drater

PostSubject: Re: WR250R clutch wire?   WR250R clutch wire? EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 9:14 pm

i just tucked my up behind the head light with a zip tie and all good. better with out it.
Back to top Go down
little squirt

little squirt

PostSubject: Re: WR250R clutch wire?   WR250R clutch wire? EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 5:28 pm

Just pull the wires out and splice them together. It will open up the timing limiter and give you about 5 more hp.
Back to top Go down
SoupSandwich

SoupSandwich

PostSubject: Re: WR250R clutch wire?   WR250R clutch wire? EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 5:45 pm

LMAO!! This thread rocks, great info! deal
Back to top Go down
john92

PostSubject: Re: WR250R clutch wire?   WR250R clutch wire? EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 6:41 pm

Just don't go into the the dealer with a confused innocent look on your face and ask, " Hey could you guys take a look at my bike and let me know how much it would cost to replace my Foofoo Valve?" You'll see an evil grin appear on their faces as they discuss how much they can get away with charging you for a good old fashioned American "BEND OVER". lurk
Back to top Go down
john92

PostSubject: Re: WR250R clutch wire?   WR250R clutch wire? EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 6:47 pm

Tyler wrote:
thats what i was thinking too but i ran some tests and it started up either way kickstand was up

The clutch switch is the opposite of the kickstand switch in terms of how it works. If the clutch switch is unplugged from the perch, the bike will start clutch pulled in or not. I was messing with it when my neutral switch went. It's probably popping out because you have to get the little clip on the switch lined up with the groove on your clutch perch. It will click into place and shouldn't come out then.

foofoo valve. Rolling Eyes That is one silly sounding part. Very happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WR250R clutch wire?   WR250R clutch wire? Empty

Back to top Go down

WR250R clutch wire?
Page 1 of 1