Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Kickstand bypass switch. Kick Stand

Go down 
+3
Akasy
inspector
Alan Case
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Alan Case

Kickstand bypass switch. Kick Stand Empty
PostSubject: Kickstand bypass switch. Kick Stand   Kickstand bypass switch. Kick Stand EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 4:07 am

Hi.
I removed the kickstand safety switch and found a plug that matches from Eastern Beaver
http://easternbeaver.com/Main/Elec__Products/Connectors/Sealed/SM-MT/sm-mt.html
It is the 2P090wp-MT (not the special) (under $2.00 + postage)

I just looped a short bit of cable in the plug and works perfectly.

I then thought the kick stand switch weighs hardly anything so I put it back on and connected it.
I then cable tied the made up plug under the seat next to the original setup.
This way on the off chance I hit a rock and smash the switch I can get going again without having to butcher the existing wiring while sitting in the forest.

Regards Alan Case
Back to top Go down
inspector

inspector

PostSubject: Re: Kickstand bypass switch. Kick Stand   Kickstand bypass switch. Kick Stand EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 11:47 am

Good thinking.

*I spent over an hour looking for connectors a few months back...wish I would have seen that site earlier. LOL (thou shipping is a killer)
Back to top Go down
Akasy

PostSubject: Re: Kickstand bypass switch. Kick Stand   Kickstand bypass switch. Kick Stand EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 11:46 pm

I've got that in my "cart" at EB and found shipping was rather high. So, I decided to order a few other things just to have around--shipping dropped as I added other items--up to a point. I have not finished the order but it seems having some extra pins and plugs on hand may come in handy on some of my other bikes. Your results may vary but you may want to check it out.

inspector wrote:
Good thinking.

*I spent over an hour looking for connectors a few months back...wish I would have seen that site earlier. LOL (thou shipping is a killer)
Back to top Go down
velvetcows

velvetcows

PostSubject: Re: Kickstand bypass switch. Kick Stand   Kickstand bypass switch. Kick Stand EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 1:56 am

Why not cut, strip, solder and heat shrink or electrical tape the wires near the plug?

Kickstand bypass switch. Kick Stand KickstandSwitch
Back to top Go down
Alan Case

PostSubject: Re: Kickstand bypass switch. Kick Stand   Kickstand bypass switch. Kick Stand EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 4:10 am

Hi.

"Why not cut, strip, solder and heat shrink or electrical tape the wires near the plug?"

On the off chance I ever want to sell the bike I wanted to be able to put it back to original with minimal work.

I also ordered a plug that fits to the tail light wiring (when you fit a DRC light there is a spare powered plug left over)
I used it for my GPS.
I will find the part number and post that.

Regards Alan Case
Back to top Go down
Akasy

PostSubject: Re: Kickstand bypass switch. Kick Stand   Kickstand bypass switch. Kick Stand EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 10:56 pm

Thanks for the link. Got my parts and it makes a nice installation--worked like a champ.

Alan Case wrote:
Hi.
I removed the kickstand safety switch and found a plug that matches from Eastern Beaver
http://easternbeaver.com/Main/Elec__Products/Connectors/Sealed/SM-MT/sm-mt.html
It is the 2P090wp-MT (not the special) (under $2.00 + postage)

I just looped a short bit of cable in the plug and works perfectly.

I then thought the kick stand switch weighs hardly anything so I put it back on and connected it.
I then cable tied the made up plug under the seat next to the original setup.
This way on the off chance I hit a rock and smash the switch I can get going again without having to butcher the existing wiring while sitting in the forest.

Regards Alan Case
Back to top Go down
dtx

dtx

PostSubject: Re: Kickstand bypass switch. Kick Stand   Kickstand bypass switch. Kick Stand EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 5:06 pm

Huh,i cut and added spade ends.So i can loop it or add the stand.Never use the switch,just removed the stand for track use.
Also use this location for a teather for ice racing.
Back to top Go down
No~One

No~One

PostSubject: Re: Kickstand bypass switch. Kick Stand   Kickstand bypass switch. Kick Stand EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 4:16 pm

I'm bumping this up to the top for I have a question:

If I remove the kickstand switch, does it send any error signals to the lcd display?

I have no intentions to ever sell my bike, so if possible I'll just remove it / heat-shrink or electrical tape whatever is necessary.
Back to top Go down
dtx

dtx

PostSubject: Re: Kickstand bypass switch. Kick Stand   Kickstand bypass switch. Kick Stand EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 4:58 pm

no,it only stops you from rideing off with your stand down. My switch is in my tool box,someplace.
Back to top Go down
skierd

PostSubject: Re: Kickstand bypass switch. Kick Stand   Kickstand bypass switch. Kick Stand EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 8:47 pm

If you simply remove the switch, it will throw a code (19). If you loop the wires together, it shouldn't throw a code. I'm going through this now actually, something failed on that circuit on my bike and its throwing the code with the stand, and without the stand with the wires looped (did that today to try to fix it) intermittedly.
Back to top Go down
dtx

dtx

PostSubject: Re: Kickstand bypass switch. Kick Stand   Kickstand bypass switch. Kick Stand EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 7:59 am

skierd wrote:
If you simply remove the switch, it will throw a code (19). If you loop the wires together, it shouldn't throw a code. I'm going through this now actually, something failed on that circuit on my bike and its throwing the code with the stand, and without the stand with the wires looped (did that today to try to fix it) intermittedly.
Never had a code come up. It is only a safety. Thats why i use it as a teather location,it will shut the motor off as it thinks the side stand is down and the motor is in gear. The lights stay on. Will run in netural tied together or not.
What is code 19 ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kickstand bypass switch. Kick Stand   Kickstand bypass switch. Kick Stand Empty

Back to top Go down

Kickstand bypass switch. Kick Stand
Page 1 of 1