Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Rear spring pre-load

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
bsheet2

bsheet2

Rear spring pre-load Empty
PostSubject: Rear spring pre-load   Rear spring pre-load EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 11:03 pm

I am buying a used WRR this weekend (yee ha!). I will ride it home 150 miles. A lady was the previous owner and undoubtedly weighs a good bit less than my fat ass. I most likely need to add some preload before riding this thing.

I got a PDF vesion of the user manual and read up on the rear shock pre-load adjustment. It says to let the dealer set the preload on the spring! You got to be kidding me.

Can anyone give me an idea of what wrench I will need to adjust that pre-load??? Surely it must be adjustable without pulling the shock off?? GAHHHH
Back to top Go down
bsheet2

bsheet2

PostSubject: Re: Rear spring pre-load   Rear spring pre-load EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 11:25 pm

Ok, looks like adjustment is on the top end of the shock behind the side cover and next to the air box. I found a post in here that had the info.
Back to top Go down
inspector

inspector

PostSubject: Re: Rear spring pre-load   Rear spring pre-load EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 11:50 am

I think you could have every single suspension adjustment fuckered up in the wrong direction and still easily be able to ride the bike home with absolutly no ill effects. (unless you are stopping off and riding in an enduro on the way home?)

*sorry, computer is messing up. I use a screw driver and hammer. You probably already found the thread that tells how to do it tho.
Back to top Go down
zone47

zone47

PostSubject: Re: Rear spring pre-load   Rear spring pre-load EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 9:05 am

inspector wrote:
I think you could have every single suspension adjustment fuckered up in the wrong direction and still easily be able to ride the bike home with absolutly no ill effects. (unless you are stopping off and riding in an enduro on the way home?)

*sorry, computer is messing up. I use a screw driver and hammer. You probably already found the thread that tells how to do it tho.

I softened mine up last night .... spun the rings as far as they would go and it's much better (for the street). I imagine when I put that lowering link on the suspension may be too soft and I'll have to add some more preload to re-adjust the sag.... hard telling until I try it! dunno
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rear spring pre-load   Rear spring pre-load Empty

Back to top Go down

Rear spring pre-load
Page 1 of 1