Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

What to Get...what to get...

Go down 
+6
skierd
njbill
Rocketj
Mikechicago
cryptomundo
SheWolf
10 posters
AuthorMessage
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

What to Get...what to get... Empty
PostSubject: What to Get...what to get...   What to Get...what to get... EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 12:40 pm

Ok guys... What to Get...what to get... 810411 I want to do more stuff to the bike. As in, parts. Most of you already know what I've got invested into it. What I need regardless is a set of sprockets and chain, because I already went thru the 12 and the stock setup. I'm having a hard time figuring out what the hell to get. What to Get...what to get... 851577 What I don't intend on getting is a big bore kit (at least not at this point...)or the turbo. So let's hear what you've got on the plate. I'll try to put down what I already do have for those that don't know me...or my bike. What to Get...what to get... 93746 Also, I am open to 'upgrading stuff.' What to Get...what to get... 61865

Renthal 1 7/8 McGrath
Zeta barkbusters/signals
Heated grips
HID system
Heated seat
Stihl tach
IMS 3.1
dual horns
FMF Q4
Attitude Gen 3
front and rear GYTR disk guards
B&B Offroad skid plate
Force Rad Guard
Sicass/DRC taillight
flush mount rear signals
custom lowered seat
Yamalink
Race Tech suspension rebuild front/rear
PivotPegz
custom front sprocket guard
custom grafix
Yamaha tail rack
1.5g Kolpin for rear rack
ProGrips
Wolfman Enduro Tank/saddle bags

I might be missing some things... What to Get...what to get... 29721 these are just what I can think of off the top of my head.

Last edited by SheWolf on Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
cryptomundo

PostSubject: Re: What to Get...what to get...   What to Get...what to get... EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 1:40 pm

hmmm .. how about something like works connection clutch lever and perch .. also maybe a G2 throttle tube (which I thought you had already)
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: What to Get...what to get...   What to Get...what to get... EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 2:33 pm

Hmmm...nope don't have the G2. Clutch lever/perch assembly would work; kinda brings me to the stainless brake lines too. What to Get...what to get... 810411 Here we go again...*insane brain cramp from too much brain storming* What to Get...what to get... 851577

Mikechicago

PostSubject: Re: What to Get...what to get...   What to Get...what to get... EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 5:01 pm

I know people got mixed feelings on the actual performance, but next season imma get the FMF Mega Bomb. Whats your feelings on that?
Back to top Go down
Rocketj

Rocketj

PostSubject: Re: What to Get...what to get...   What to Get...what to get... EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 7:05 pm

The Race Tech suspension rebuild front/rear sounds good. Or maybe just have the suspension serviced. Peace YAM
Back to top Go down
njbill

njbill

PostSubject: Re: What to Get...what to get...   What to Get...what to get... EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 11:17 pm

Get a damper. You will not regret it.
Back to top Go down
Rocketj

Rocketj

PostSubject: Re: What to Get...what to get...   What to Get...what to get... EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 12:18 am

That's the list of stuff you already have. bow I'm more than a little slow. scratch I agree with njbill, go for the dampner. How about some new wheels?
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: What to Get...what to get...   What to Get...what to get... EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 1:48 am

I was toying around with a sumo set Forrest has over there...I just haven't been bitten hard enuf by that bug. What to Get...what to get... 93746 The suspension rebuild was one of the best things done to the bike performance wise...next to the pipe and programmer. What to Get...what to get... 61865 Yeah, that's what I've done to it so far is what's on that list. As for the damper, I guess if I do a lot of loose stuff it would be the cat's ass. Anyone ever tried it out in real muddy stuff? I know in sand and loamy crap it's supposed to be great. Mud's kinda got that sneaky consistency to it..mmm...mud. What to Get...what to get... 810411 Mega bomb...I actually thought waaaay back when I got the Q4 to maybe get the powerbomb (the mega wasn't available for our bikes back then). Red has it on his and he felt that it wasn't worth the extra $200; I haven't really seen one on this bike around this neck of the woods. I wonder...how does it compare to the PB? I haven't heard of anyone on here who's used both to be able to compare one to the other. scratch

PostSubject: Re: What to Get...what to get...   What to Get...what to get... EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 5:35 pm

Might have missed it, radiator guard?

With the mud you do, maybe a big bore for more grunt.

2nd or 3rd the steering damper suggestion.

Or the best option: save the money, save some time off, get off your newly healthy ass and go riding far and away from home!
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: What to Get...what to get...   What to Get...what to get... EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 12:43 pm

Lol, I missed it Dave. I have the Force rad guard and forgot to put it in there. What to Get...what to get... 986936 You are definitely onto something there...I haven't been riding south of the border. Driving truck was great for the scenery, but yeah...trips are a great source of fun too. What to Get...what to get... 61865

PostSubject: Re: What to Get...what to get...   What to Get...what to get... EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 1:01 pm

I think a Yamaha sponsored WRR/X weekend ride some where nicely centrally located would be a good reason to come down south of the border thumb
Back to top Go down
bsheet2

bsheet2

PostSubject: Re: What to Get...what to get...   What to Get...what to get... EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 8:40 am

The Primary Drive gold X ring chain and Primary Drive steel sprockets are supposed to be hard to beat and easy on the wallet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What to Get...what to get...   What to Get...what to get... EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 5:56 pm

Hi, Lynn.

You mentioned worn out sprockets so howzabout I float ya' another idea on that? ...Some "eyewash" as it were. I replaced my 12/43 sprockets recently with 14/50. Nearly identical ratio... less vibes IMHO... clears the sandman case saver by a little, also.

I went with the steel swoopy looking "superlite" rear sprocket (for a yz I think; had ta' have tapered bolts) mostly for looks. The guy at sprocket center apparently tells people this sprocket is for people with more money than brains. Like me for example!... Very happy ...ask JoeNuclear...

Seems like the rear sprocket was $45 so it's not mondo expensive like the titanium sprockets that apparently wear out quickly anyhow. It is available in 45 to 51 teeth right now. I'm not at home to verify the pn, so double check the app for interchange with the WRR, but I think this might be the link here: http://www.sprocketcenter.com/p/857049/superlite-520-black-steel-rear-mx-sprocket---yamaha.html

I also went with the gold RK chain for bling and to further illustrate the guy's point about the money/brains ratio!

I checked the new sprockets/chain out for tension with the shock linkage out to make sure I don't overtighten the chain. You'd probably want to do that the first time out with the 14/50 as the dimension to swingarm will be totally different. I have the revised numbers somewhere if anyone needs 'em.

To further illustrate the point: It "LOOKS" like this setup when anywhere near properly tensioned could never touch the sometimes problematic slider much less eat through it. But that's like sayin' "hey Murphy, here I am!!" I know it's a dynamic system and I really couldn't see what it looks like up by the slider during big changes in suspension travel.

I'll report back if it leaves the slider untouched... or if it eats it alive! GAHHHH One final note on the 14/50: I had to heat the upper/rear plastic deflector over the chain and take some of the curved lip at the back of it out or it'd drag on the chain with the bigger rear sprocket. No biggie; lighter, heat it 'til it just gets shiny... then it'll do whatever ya' want.

I really like the big rear sprocket 'cause it makes the bike think it's an offroad racey bike..hardy har. OK, it does give it some dirt bike lookin' attitude and I like that.

The autoclutch is fun, but I think you probably have more skillz and recent offroad riding experience than me, so I doubt you need that particular mod like I do. Kinda' pricey on that unless ya' really need it... or just want your WRR to think it has the low end of a 350 'er whatever. The bike really thinks it's "bad" now. poser2

Fun thread...

Happy holidays to any with good taste enough to be reading this thread!! wink freaky

Larry

Last edited by BigFeet on Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:28 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What to Get...what to get...   What to Get...what to get... EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 6:19 pm

SheWolf wrote:
Hmmm...nope don't have the G2. Clutch lever/perch assembly would work; kinda brings me to the stainless brake lines too. What to Get...what to get... 810411 Here we go again...*insane brain cramp from too much brain storming* What to Get...what to get... 851577

The G2 throttle tamer probably reduced the throttle grabbiness on BigFeet by about 1/3 - so I felt like it was a fairly substantial improvement especially in really snotty terrain. The plastic bushings in the G2 are a bit loose on my ProTaper bars, but no more than usual or stock. OTOH, their plastic bushings inside the aluminum G2 tube seem to be way more slippery than stock; about like ball bearings. I like that part and suspect it's some of why the reduction in grabbiness.

I got the G2 kit with 3 cams, but ended up using the 400 cam anyway. That's the one with the most off idle tip in reduction. So my suggestion would be just to get the less expensive "throttle tamer" which comes with the 400 cam only and not the other 2 and save some bucks.

L
Back to top Go down
bsheet2

bsheet2

PostSubject: Re: What to Get...what to get...   What to Get...what to get... EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 7:05 pm

Good info. Thanks Bigfoot.
Back to top Go down
mordicai

PostSubject: Re: What to Get...what to get...   What to Get...what to get... EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 1:25 am

An O, so comfortable Seat Concepts seat. 160 bucks . Good seat! Oh,Oh, just saw yu have a heated seat. O.K. Do yu have silk scarf?
Back to top Go down
little squirt

little squirt

PostSubject: Re: What to Get...what to get...   What to Get...what to get... EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 11:01 pm

290 kit?

Last edited by little squirt on Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
vwsandman

vwsandman

PostSubject: No case saver yet?   What to Get...what to get... EmptyFri Dec 24, 2010 10:47 am

All those mods and no case saver yet? Ouch! dddog

Very happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What to Get...what to get...   What to Get...what to get... Empty

Back to top Go down

What to Get...what to get...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum :: Technical :: Sweet Mods & Bike Accessories-
Jump to: