Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

What Did You Do To Your WR Today??

Go down 
+139
Jens Eskildsen
nin01
rrarthur
sillymike
05cr125r
darngood1
Lawmanfl
dicklane625
Caldsy
rarepartbuilder
WesEv
BCRider
Jremeee
Vulture
Prime
SumoWRR
kuzican
dmmcd
Wanderer
T-Rev
robby0304
DutchTerror
blusmoke
Steve74
KiLLeRrKeN
Korack
Tewster2
stevep84
rsteiger
TwoBuells
Pooka
Gruvey12
mcdoudlehopper
Fiftygrit
beer goggle
pfy50
DPete
Evol
SonnyGoBRAAP
Prairieparson
miniceptor86
beaterbaja
JBEGNOCHE
Biglake
dadof6
andysrage
viper770
bruno
papi4baby
TheBackRoads
Kurt250
xaman
texascycle
josh
DragonNester
Arkmage
sewerat
Coop
IdahoRenegade
StreetGhost
jason meacham
2Stamp
john westcott
pkbinder
wristpin
Axl
Daamud
BBRadar
Delta_T
Krispy
A66auto
larryk
KC0514
ejfranz1
Caan Saer
oic0
Ozy
DirtBiker84
00PowderSpecial
grw800
mr-cave
Dave Z
dnf
skierd
47une
SoupSandwich
Slrsedan
mcwbyu82
taoshum
addikted2boost
rider213
spacecadet
gatorfan
mucker
Akasy
Tammy
DougZ
kbike
pbnut
SteveO
glock19
Shoootr
Nelonen
malibu_dan
Daddio
cryptomundo
trav72
Rule292
SheWolf
texasreb
adamoto
flatboarder
Sproat Sport
dtx
Dancamp
Midnite171
motokid
TBird1
zone47
BuilderBob
chouser
dustcloud
Huskerwrx
Jäger
mattnadz
Brunnie
GsVs
usgpru27
railbird
dc4stroke
Farmer17
X-Racer
YZEtc
velvetcows
Berwyn Henderson
GusinCA
WRXR
little squirt
bsheet2
143 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18 ... 24  Next
AuthorMessage
trav72

trav72

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 12 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 10:05 am

On Sunday - I crashed into this tree

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 12 Treecr10

And broke the headlight plastic and front fender. This was taken after I popped the fender back after it was facing straight up. It's only being held on by the back two bolts and it just bit crooked now. Very happy

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 12 Mauric13
Back to top Go down
bsheet2

bsheet2

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 12 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 10:34 pm

She is all loaded up. Ready for a weekend ride. Doing the East Texas 450. About 30+ riders. 3 days 450 miles mostly off pavement. Will camp 2 nights. Should be good!
Back to top Go down
larryk

larryk

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 12 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 6:37 pm

what did I do to it today - nuthin' yet - skid plate is goin on tonight though What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 12 Yamwowrightside-after
Back to top Go down
bsheet2

bsheet2

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 12 EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 10:27 pm

Put Tink in full adventure mode.

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 12 ADV_mode

Rode the EAst TExas 450. 450 miles about 80% off pavement. Very nice!

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 12 Davy_Crockett_Forest

Wish 9 Mile Road was lomger though!

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 12 9_mile_road
Back to top Go down
bsheet2

bsheet2

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 12 EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 7:34 pm

Added some extra wind protection to my Acerbis hand guards. These things work great!

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 12 Wind_protect_3

More info here.
https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/t5943-hand-guards-extra-wind-protection
Back to top Go down
bsheet2

bsheet2

PostSubject: added relay   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 12 EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 10:42 pm

Added a relay today so my heated grips, power outlet and GPS power supply only work when the ignition is on. This will keep me from running the battery down if I forget to turn something off. I have run a positive and ground wire direct from the battery to run these items. So they were live all the time unless I switched them off.

Used the running light function of the left front turn signal to power the relay. There ar three wires that go to that turn signal. Blue, brown and black. Blue is positive wire for continuous running light. Brown is positive wire for turn signal flash. Black is ground. I use blue and black to wire in to to activate the relay when the ignition is turned on.
Back to top Go down
A66auto

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 12 EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 11:30 pm

bsheet2 wrote:
Added a relay today so my heated grips, power outlet and GPS power supply only work when the ignition is on. This will keep me from running the battery down if I forget to turn something off. I have run a positive and ground wire direct from the battery to run these items. So they were live all the time unless I switched them off.

Used the running light function of the left front turn signal to power the relay. There ar three wires that go to that turn signal. Blue, brown and black. Blue is positive wire for continuous running light. Brown is positive wire for turn signal flash. Black is ground. I use blue and black to wire in to to activate the relay when the ignition is turned on.

What power outlet did you use?
Back to top Go down
bsheet2

bsheet2

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 12 EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 11:47 pm

Walmart had a weather proof power outlet for $10. Nothing fancy, but it works.
Back to top Go down
Krispy

Krispy

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 12 EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 6:39 am

Lowered the rear ride height, much better to mount now. Also just got my motorbike licence on saturday.

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 12 Loweri11
Back to top Go down
bsheet2

bsheet2

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 12 EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 9:26 am

[quote="A66auto"]
bsheet2 wrote:

What power outlet did you use?

It is Casco all weather power outlet from Walmart.
http://www.walmart.com/msharbor/ip/Casco-All-Weather-Power-Outlet/17165777

I have the Lynx Fairing on my WR . So I have a dash to mount this on . Not sure how you would mount this inexpensive power outlet on a stock WR. You may have to get one that mounts to the handle bars. I have one of these on my KLR that works well and mounts to the handle bars. Look down the list.

http://www.tpimotorcycleparts.com/klr650/Electrical.html
Back to top Go down
Delta_T

Delta_T

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 12 EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 9:36 am

Krispy wrote:
.... Also just got my motorbike licence on saturday.

Congratulations, good job ! thumb
Back to top Go down
bsheet2

bsheet2

PostSubject: sprocket swap   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 12 EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 10:04 am

I swapped my front sprocket to 13t from 14t. I have 49t on the back. Man, she lifts the front wheel with ease with the 13/49 sprocket combo. No clutch, throttle only. I even have the 4.7 gallon fuel tank on there and it is full! Engine is completely stock , no mods at all.
Back to top Go down
BBRadar

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 12 EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 12:37 am

Not today, but today was the test ride (the work has been going on over the last 2 weeks)
New fat bars (Easton 1-1/8" Henry Reed bend) - with grip heaters (new grips are also much fatter than old ones)
Grip hi/off/low switch is under instruments in front of left shock.
GPR dampener sub mount kit.
Rox 2" bar risers
Custom Motion Pro clutch and throttle cables (basically OEM spec with an additional 50mm on each)
I've also added an additional 50mm into all handlebar mounted electrical cables so they are long enough.
I've added a 12v weatherproof accessories plug behind the headlight plastics on the right side (this and the grip heaters are run of a relay from the tail light).
There is also a 12v weatherproof accessories plug under the seat on the left side which it hot only when the ignition is off (using the relay) - can use this for plugging in battery tender.
Relay and additional fuse block are under the seat.

Other recent work is the DoubleTake Mirrors and Seat Concepts seat.
Near Future work: Install Stainless braided front brake line from HelPerformance

All has been great, with the only con being the additional work to get the tank off with the GPR Dampener.
To get under the tank now you have to take the dampener off, which requires I loosen and tilt the risers forward. Then remove the top triple clamps (I have enough cable slack to do this and then just rest the lot on the headlight area). Then remove the dampener base.

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 12 Rucmt2
What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 12 Vwqvxu
What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 12 2zxp993
Back to top Go down
Daamud

Daamud

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 12 EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 2:13 pm

I bought a super sweet fanny-pack that fits nicely on my front number plate. lol!

It will work out pretty well.....The belt will wrap around the bars and when I can find my stash of Velcro I will glue/sew it on so it stays put.

For $15 I'll have a nice place to put smaller objects.

Next thing on the list is mounting my $30 ATV tank bags as saddle bags. lol!

I love being cheap! wings
Back to top Go down
Delta_T

Delta_T

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 12 EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 7:52 pm

Replaced the clutch cable. The old one was very stiff, no matter what I tried.
What a difference! So smooth. The old one felt fine when it was off the bike.
I thought it would be a challenge to put it on, but it took no longer then 20 minutes. Yamaha did a excellent job building these motorcylces. I just love the attention to detail when you work on it.
Back to top Go down
pbnut

pbnut

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 12 EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 6:29 pm

I put the bike on a diet.

First up, Driven shifter and Ti pegs.
The new shifter is lighter and really snicks into gear pretty quick now. I like.
The Ti pegs came from eBay for about $60 shipped off of '06 YZ450F I believe. Springs were included, and are required to work on our bike as the originals will not work. The extra surface area is nicer to stand on, and come track days I'll get to make white sparks!

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 12 Dscn1041

Next up, Graves full exhaust with Autotune!
I was amazed how heavy the OEM exhaust was once I had it all removed from the bike. I held one in each arm to get a feel for the weights. That OEM exhaust is a fricken boat anchor!
I had previously installed the PCV a few weeks prior. The wiring for that was pretty simple and easy to tuck away. Now with the Autotune.... yikes. Lots of wiring. It's in there. It's not he prettiest when you take the seat off though. Fortunately the Graves exhaust comes with an O2 sensor port already welded in. Throttle response is vastly improved now. Lofting the front wheel is easier and much more fun.
removed the EXUP crap and did the resistor mod as well.

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 12 Dscn1043

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 12 Dscn1044

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 12 Dscn1046

Then there's some carbon!
Overboard? Probably. Self explanatory here.

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 12 Dscn1045

Not pictured is my lightweight battery from AntiGravityBatteries.com. It weighs .85 pounds and starts the bike just as easily as the heavier original.
Also went tubeless on the front tire. Turn-in is vastly improved.
Back to top Go down
Krispy

Krispy

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 12 EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 8:19 pm

ride up clear mountain
What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 12 Img_0710
Back to top Go down
pbnut

pbnut

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 12 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 8:51 am

Crashed it. (Yesterday. Again.)
baldy
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 12 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 8:53 am

pbnut wrote:
Crashed it. (Yesterday. Again.)
baldy

1) you okay?

2) details.....

3) pictures

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
pbnut

pbnut

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 12 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 10:24 pm

1. For the most part.
Toughed it out last night. No improvement this morning so I went to the doc. Got me some pain meds, a sling, and some exercises/stretches to do. X-rays came back clean. Otherwise, minor superficial scuffs on left wrist and right knee.

2. Was riding the shoulder, which was essentially a dirt road. Came to where a street came out to meet the one I was parallelling. I didn't notice the curb lining the street I was about to cross since I was looking for traffic. Hopped off the near side as I realized there were curbs. Got to the far side before I could slow (going about 20 mph, tops). Front tire made it over fine, but when the back tire hit it kicked up, punched me in the ass (standing), and gave me a birds eye view of the front fender. In doing so I believe I hit the left side bars with my leg so when I came back down to meet the seat the bike was leaving my path of travel. Plowed into the ground left shoulder first. Head took a good slap too. Shoulder took the majority of the impact, and oh boy... it hurts.

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 12 Dscn1049

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 12 Dscn1110

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 12 Dscn1111

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 12 Dscn1112

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 12 Dscn1113

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 12 Dscn1114

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 12 Dscn1115

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 12 Dscn1116

I'm most pissed about the helmet. I know that you're supposed to shelve a lid once it falls, but it's my favorite helmet to date, and it was $400.... I really don't want to spend that again. I do love it though.
Back to top Go down
Caan Saer

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 12 EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 11:09 am

last saw my wrr on Nov.28 when i rode it to the hospital at 4:30am to have much of my liver removed. i think that i shal try to muster up some strength and hobble accross the street to visit with it and the e-glide, i miss them so much and i know they miss me too.
sean
Back to top Go down
Daamud

Daamud

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 12 EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 11:17 pm

OK, added a small wind screen today.

1) Add Velcro to headlight plate

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 12 002

2) Cut up a grinding shield and add Velcro to both sides

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 12 004-1

3) Add yet more Velcro to a fanny-pac add intsall, wrapping the belt around the bars

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 12 005

Get bored and add some flare

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 12 006

On a side note.... Anybody ever flip the banjo fitting around at the master cyl. to gain some wiggle room for a wind screen?

Otherwise I may need to heat and tweek the screen some to make room for the line... :hmmm:
Back to top Go down
mr-cave

mr-cave

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 12 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 6:56 am

Didnt doo much to the bike today.. but i put a big order on GYTR stuff from the states...
Rear blue anodized (45T) and front(13T) sprocket
Blue axle blocks
Blue timing plug 14mm
Blue timing plug 31mm
UNI airfilter
Aluminium drainplug with magnet
Yamaha blue throttlehandle "donut" (just for fun...)

Plus, I will drill holes in my sidecover today and install some UNI-vents. (if I dare)

I ordered from this company. Anyone knows how thay are? Good bad? Price?
Seemed to have a lot of thing to our bikes and price seemed good to mee. But not the shipping price though..... (130$ to sweden)
http://www.powerpartsplus.com/

Back to top Go down
Axl

Axl

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 12 EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 11:03 am

Took her for a ride, and got stuck of course.

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 12 2bild12

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 12 1bild10
Back to top Go down
mr-cave

mr-cave

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 12 EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 11:53 am

Axl wrote:
Took her for a ride, and got stuck of course.

Skrollade upp nerifån och tänkte...det där ser ut som hemma... å så var du svensk ha ha ha....

Translation: Scrolled up from the bottom and was thinking...that looks like home....and you were from sweden... lol.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

What Did You Do To Your WR Today??
Page 12 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18 ... 24  Next