Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Share | 

What Did You Do To Your WR Today??

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14 ... 24  Next
AuthorMessage
dustcloud

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:37 am

2 wks ago I got the shinko 705's on. Yesterday I installed the fmf programmer and did the ais and flapper removal. Now if it would only stop snowing so I could ride it I'd be happy!!! wings
Back to top Go down
chouser

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:31 pm

Installed the Pro Moto Billet tail rack. SWEET!!!!!
Back to top Go down
BuilderBob

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:09 pm

Hi All,

I'm new here. Have had my WR-X for about a month. It's an 08 that had 1,800 miles when I bought it.

Right away, I discovered that the rear shock was blown, so I sent it off to Fast Bike Industries (Dave's a great guy) to have it rebuilt. The bike sat unridable in the garage for almost 3 weeks.

I decided to go for broke and do a lot of the mods in the meantime, so, in addition to the re-worked shock (very nice), I now have a full Graves exhaust, Power Commander V with Autotune, AIS removal and EXUP eliminator. I also installed some Zeta hand guards and a new tail light. Somewhere in the Atlantic is an EvoTech skid plate on its way from the UK. Still have to do the airbox mod and I want to get some Distanzias.

It looks like all of the other WR-X's with similar mods, but here are the obligatory pics:

Really enjoying the added pep that the mods have added to the bike's performance. Looking forward to many happy miles!
Back to top Go down
dc4stroke

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:55 pm

BuilderBob wrote:
Hi All,

I'm new here. Have had my WR-X for about a month. It's an 08 that had 1,800 miles when I bought it.

Right away, I discovered that the rear shock was blown, so I sent it off to Fast Bike Industries (Dave's a great guy) to have it rebuilt. The bike sat unridable in the garage for almost 3 weeks.

I decided to go for broke and do a lot of the mods in the meantime, so, in addition to the re-worked shock (very nice), I now have a full Graves exhaust, Power Commander V with Autotune, AIS removal and EXUP eliminator. I also installed some Zeta hand guards and a new tail light. Somewhere in the Atlantic is an EvoTech skid plate on its way from the UK. Still have to do the airbox mod and I want to get some Distanzias.

It looks like all of the other WR-X's with similar mods, but here are the obligatory pics:

Really enjoying the added pep that the mods have added to the bike's performance. Looking forward to many happy miles!

I couldn't see where you mounted the O2 Bung for your Autotune. I haven't gotten my exhaust yet and was thinking of this set up.
Back to top Go down
usgpru27

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:02 pm

The Graves comes with a fitted and drilled bung where the YEC valve was and its on the inner area mostly unseen.
Back to top Go down
BuilderBob

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:16 am

[quote="dc4stroke
I couldn't see where you mounted the O2 Bung for your Autotune. I haven't gotten my exhaust yet and was thinking of this set up. [/quote]

usgpru27 wrote:
The Graves comes with a fitted and drilled bung where the YEC valve was and its on the inner area mostly unseen.
That's right. It's right where the EXUP valve would be, more on top than behind the pipe. Easily visible. There is no O2 sensor mounted in mine in the picture as I am still waiting for the Autotune to arrive.
Back to top Go down
zone47

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:33 pm

I started doing mods on mine! freaky

I did the flapper mod which was a piece of cake, then I did the air injection block off. I need to fab a plate and bolt in on, but all the plumbing is out of the way. I removed the tail light assy and going to shorted that whole mess up in the basement.

Plans for tomorrow are to make up a servo bypass circuit for when my FMF shows up.... I need to look up some fuel injection circuit mods to richen it up, or either shell out more money for the programmer.

Fun stuff, the bike is such a blast!
Back to top Go down
TBird1

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:16 pm

I changed the oil in my WR250R for the first time. Some owners have reported a lot of debris in the break-in oil but mine looked pretty good. Not much in the filter either. Replaced the filter and added some Rotella T-6.

The bleed screw for the oil seems like it would be a real PITA if it was backed out too far and fell out. I backed it out as much as I dared and fired it up. A few seconds later a couple of oil drips appeared and I tightened it back down. I never heard any air escape or anything like that. Did I do this correctly? Also, there is no room for a torque wrench on this screw. I had to rely on my "calibrated" wrist!
Back to top Go down
zone47

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:02 pm

Well ! It was a good day for teh WRR.

It warmed up to a whopping 50 degrees and considering that I had a couple of parts that showed up in the mail, I figured I better get out to the garage and get some work done on the bike.

First thing was to rip off the old shock linkage and install a lowering link that lowers the thing by about 2". eeek It was such a piece of cake to install and holy CRAP, I can now almost flat foot the ground! The suspension is a bit more mushy now, and my kick stand wasn't too happy about the whole rotten deal. Suspect I had to crank the rear spring preload back up so the bike didn't mush out under it's own weight .... I think I about maxed it out, but now it's much more firm and feels better. Still I think I'm going to have to soften the forks to make this work together.
Anyway, it is an improvement and most of my riding will be on the street, so as long as the bike handles good, that's all I care about. dddog

Next thing was to rip off the old muffler and install the new FMF powercore 4. It fit perfect and looks like a million bucks! I haven't started it yet, but am sure it's going to be kind of noisy.
Getting all the EXUP cables out of there was fun, but really only took a few minutes. I will later rip the controller out of there and do the resistor mod.

Next up was to finish the exhaust air injection mod which was basically to install a block off plate that I fabricated. That took all of a minute.

Then I reinstalled the shortened tail light-license plate bracket. THAT makes the bike look 100% better. I need to tie wrap the wires back in place, but that's pretty much done.

So, it was a productive evening. I bought my FMF and lowering link here from the flea market and the guys here have been first class!! The lowering link was purchased off the guy who started this link! thumb

Now I am looking at buying a 46 or 47 tooth sprocket for the rear ... this thing is gear a tad tall for me. I can't wait until we get a break in the weather, I've only ridden this bike about 40 miles so far. cry

Over and out! bert
Back to top Go down
motokid

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:11 am

TBird1 wrote:

The bleed screw for the oil seems like it would be a real PITA if it was backed out too far and fell out. I backed it out as much as I dared and fired it up. A few seconds later a couple of oil drips appeared and I tightened it back down. I never heard any air escape or anything like that. Did I do this correctly? Also, there is no room for a torque wrench on this screw. I had to rely on my "calibrated" wrist!

Just an FYI - this subject is almost religious/political in nature.

There's a camp that believes you should never use that "bleed screw". (I'm in that camp)

There's a camp that says Yamaha put it there for a reason, use it. (not many in that camp from what I can tell)

You have to make your own choices. Many veteran riders here chose not to fvck with such nonsense. thumb hide

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
Midnite171

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:15 am

I just brought my bike into my basement. Going down the stairs of the bulkhead wasn't that bad. I'll have to figure out how to get it back up another time. Ordered a bunch of stuff so now I can work on it in a nice comfortable 70 degrees.
Back to top Go down
motokid

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:53 am

You basement is 70 degrees???? I'd hate to be paying your heating bills. hide

My thermostat for the house is set at 65 degrees during the day, 60 degrees while we sleep or are away....my basement is probably closer to 55 degrees.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
Dancamp

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:56 am

motokid wrote:
TBird1 wrote:

Just an FYI - this subject is almost religious/political in nature.

There's a camp that believes you should never use that "bleed screw". (I'm in that camp)

There's a camp that says Yamaha put it there for a reason, use it. (not many in that camp from what I can tell)

You have to make your own choices. Many veteran riders here chose not to fvck with such nonsense. thumb hide

I do it as a precaution mesure. It's only helpfull in case there would be a problem with the oil pressure. If no oil drips then there is not enough oil pressure.
Back to top Go down
motokid

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:03 am

If it was an important precaution measure why wouldn't that feature be a part of all internal combustion engines?

I can see using it after a complete top-end rebuild. thumb

For routine oil changes, it's a gigantic waste of time and effort. (my opinion)

What could possibly happen during a routine oil change that would cause a lose of pressure?
And why would that never happen in/on the millions of other machines that don't have a "check feature" like the wr's?

Whatever makes your heart flutter.....but the logic of that feature is completely lost on many of us here.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
Midnite171

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:45 am

motokid wrote:
You basement is 70 degrees???? I'd hate to be paying your heating bills. hide

My thermostat for the house is set at 65 degrees during the day, 60 degrees while we sleep or are away....my basement is probably closer to 55 degrees.

Ok, I keep my heat at 68 day and night. I have a finished basement that I may turn the heat down to 60-65 but 68 when I'm down there. The bike IS in my workshop area so when I'm down there I will crank the heat til it's comfortable.
Back to top Go down
Dancamp

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:22 pm

motokid wrote:
If it was an important precaution measure why wouldn't that feature be a part of all internal combustion engines?

I can see using it after a complete top-end rebuild. thumb

For routine oil changes, it's a gigantic waste of time and effort. (my opinion)

What could possibly happen during a routine oil change that would cause a lose of pressure?
And why would that never happen in/on the millions of other machines that don't have a "check feature" like the wr's?

Whatever makes your heart flutter.....but the logic of that feature is completely lost on many of us here.

My heart is ok. How isIs yours ?

I just explained what I do and why. I never proposed that someone else should or not do it. Adult people take their own decisions.

By the way the gigantic waste of time takes less than a minute. My life doesn't go by so fast that a minute every oil change will cause my heart or any human's heart to fail.
Back to top Go down
little squirt

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:38 pm

cleaned up my exhaust

Back to top Go down
motokid

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:56 am

Are you gonna re-wrap your header when you put it back on?

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
little squirt

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:10 pm

motokid wrote:
Are you gonna re-wrap your header when you put it back on?

Nope, i thought it would dramatically reduce heat by my leg, but i really couldnt tell a difference.
Back to top Go down
mattnadz

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:38 pm

cut up that ugly ass stock front fender finally. thanks for the idea motokid and littlesquirt.
I think it turned out pretty sweet cheers

Back to top Go down
motokid

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:43 pm

mattnadz wrote:
cut up that ugly ass stock front fender finally. thanks for the idea motokid and littlesquirt.
I think it turned out pretty sweet cheers

Nice !!!! thumb thumb

If you get caught in the rain you'll be getting a serious bath.
Splash through mud puddles and you'd better keep your mouth closed.

You will get more throwback with a shorter bill.

But it sure looks more better Very happy cut back like that.

You even cut yours while it was still on the bike. freaky bow

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
little squirt

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:34 pm

Looks great Matt!!

and yes, i will second the rain part as well!
Back to top Go down
bsheet2

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:54 pm

Put the bike back to stock height. Cleaned and lubbed the chain. Took her to Sam Houston National Forest today and rode some single track. Good fun! The WRR is great on the single track.

Need some knobbies though. The stock Trail Wings leave something to be desired in loose sand. And the rear is about toast anyway.
Back to top Go down
mattnadz

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:28 pm

Lol I'll just have to wear a fullface helmet then thumb
Looks were more important it the case of that big droopy fender lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:31 pm

I Installed an IMS3.1 tank today. Encountered no issues whatsoever. The fitment was perfect. I took it slow and easy and was done in a couple of hours. The only negative is a visual gap that now exists between the seat and the tank from the side view. I will get over that though. I was relieved when there were no leaks and it fired right up first try. It is a good day. wings

I also replaced the spark plug. This took longer than necessary since I was not familiar with the design of the coil atop the plug and had difficulty getting it to break free. I was afraid of breaking something. It will be easier next time. The old plug looked perfect at 4600 miles. I am running an FMF Q4, Megabomb header and Power Programmer set to its default settings with AIS and Airbox mods...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   

Back to top Go down

What Did You Do To Your WR Today??
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 24Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14 ... 24  Next