Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

lamda probe

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
darkvadehors

lamda probe Empty
PostSubject: lamda probe   lamda probe EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 12:09 pm

Hey
In Europe, there is a lanbda probe on pipe.
In America I don't know if it's the same !
My question : If you have it, how you remove it ?
Merci
Back to top Go down
supernac

lamda probe Empty
PostSubject: Re: lamda probe   lamda probe EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 8:49 pm

No probe on the US versions. Does it adjust A/F on the fly, or does it only trigger a CEL?
Back to top Go down
darkvadehors

lamda probe Empty
PostSubject: Re: lamda probe   lamda probe EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 10:36 am

supernac wrote:
No probe on the US versions. Does it adjust A/F on the fly, or does it only trigger a CEL?

I don't know, but it's significate that I can't use FMF powerbomb and EFI (FMF or other....)
budah
Thank you
Back to top Go down
dc4stroke

dc4stroke

lamda probe Empty
PostSubject: Re: lamda probe   lamda probe EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 12:20 pm

If it is a probe. (Pic please) you could in fact remove it and use a programmmer that doesn't require the probe. Harley guys do it all the time. Or use one that uses a probe like a Power Comander V with Autotune. My choice would be to use the PC-V with Autotune. Whether you use a probe is determined by the type exhaust you use. But as with so many aftermarket mods. One change requires another and another. Case in point.....try changing the handlebars and keeping other aftermarket parts mounted to your stockers. Took 2 weeks to get the parts which would allow me to not have to change the hand guards on my Protaper CR Highs. Adaptors moved the bars too high, The hand guard mounts wouldn't fit right. I wound up having to buy new mounts for the bars and used Acerbid mounts to fit the Zeta Lightguards. Not a biggie just frustrating. The adaptors placed too much stress on the wiring.
Back to top Go down
darkvadehors

lamda probe Empty
PostSubject: Re: lamda probe   lamda probe EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 12:58 pm

dc4stroke wrote:
If it is a probe. (Pic please) you could in fact remove it and use a programmmer that doesn't require the probe. Harley guys do it all the time. Or use one that uses a probe like a Power Comander V with Autotune. My choice would be to use the PC-V with Autotune. Whether you use a probe is determined by the type exhaust you use. But as with so many aftermarket mods. One change requires another and another. Case in point.....try changing the handlebars and keeping other aftermarket parts mounted to your stockers. Took 2 weeks to get the parts which would allow me to not have to change the hand guards on my Protaper CR Highs. Adaptors moved the bars too high, The hand guard mounts wouldn't fit right. I wound up having to buy new mounts for the bars and used Acerbid mounts to fit the Zeta Lightguards. Not a biggie just frustrating. The adaptors placed too much stress on the wiring.

Good job. thumb

For information, in France
autotune 270€
PCV 350€
it's 830$
It's expensive for 3-6hp....
But I don't lock on US web ! May be less expensive
Back to top Go down
railbird

railbird

lamda probe Empty
PostSubject: going off topic to mounting bars   lamda probe EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 1:35 pm

dc4stroke wrote:
.....try changing the handlebars and keeping other aftermarket parts mounted to your stockers. Took 2 weeks to get the parts which would allow me to not have to change the hand guards on my Protaper CR Highs. Adaptors moved the bars too high, The hand guard mounts wouldn't fit right. I wound up having to buy new mounts for the bars and used Acerbid mounts to fit the Zeta Lightguards. Not a biggie just frustrating. The adaptors placed too much stress on the wiring.
JUST went through the same ordeal installing Pro Tapers. I never did like the fit of the Zeta handguards (never fit quite flush/square at the bar end, square on the end put inboard side closer to the bar than the mount length dictated). Also, the anodizing on the left one sun faded (park at work with left side sticking out from overhang) to a bronze color. I installed Cycras and drilled for the holes on the Zeta carbon guards. I now have carbon finish or white plastic to switch back and forth. The white Cycras are a little larger and I'll keep them on for the winter, switch to the Zetas in the spring. Still, the inboard mount is on the tapered portion of the bar and does not seat cleanly. As soon as I set the final position of the bars, I'll have to break out the grinder. I hope I can do it today, as of 9:30 it's 25 degrees. Still burning daylight drinking coffee and waiting for a little more solar heat!
Back to top Go down
darkvadehors

lamda probe Empty
PostSubject: Re: lamda probe   lamda probe EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 2:21 pm

On bustershop it's 490$ (300€)....
Back to top Go down
dc4stroke

dc4stroke

lamda probe Empty
PostSubject: Re: lamda probe   lamda probe EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 8:32 pm

Yes HP isn't cheap on these little doggies.
They are very well tuned from the factory as a matter of fact. Which is why I haven't even gone there yet. I will for sure one day. But I need other stuff first. I have no aspirations of this being a race bike. And in the real world.....protection, ergonomics, and control will get you through more crap and make the whole ownership experience better in the long run. I flog the hell out of my motor and am happy for the most part. I'll modify the gearing some more. Add more protective pieces. Work on the ergos. Which is not to say that if a good deal comes along for a pipe or controller I wouldn't jump on it. But I'll need several hours to do the install and do it right. And then a trip to my buddies Dyno, to double check the numbers. Unless I use a PC-V and Autotune. And even then I have to add a bung to the headpipe. I see no reason you couldn't add the bung to a aftermarket head pipe. And you would want to mod the airbox at the same time, and remove the air injector at the same time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

lamda probe Empty
PostSubject: Re: lamda probe   lamda probe Empty

Back to top Go down

lamda probe
Page 1 of 1