Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Handguard bar end Bolt Size

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
motokid
motokid

Handguard bar end Bolt Size Empty
PostSubject: Handguard bar end Bolt Size   Handguard bar end Bolt Size EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 9:43 am

I have Zeta handguards. I went for a ride New Years Eve, and at some point near the end of the ride one of the bar end bolts vibrated out. baldy

Does anyone know the bolt size off the top of their heads?

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
mattf

PostSubject: Re: Handguard bar end Bolt Size   Handguard bar end Bolt Size EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 10:12 am

I don't have zeta's but both different brands I've had use an M8. one of mine was getting a little stripped out so I ordered some replacements from McMaster Carr before it got to the point I couldn't remove it. Part #FHS1X0880-005M1. they were a hair longer than what came with the guards but that's no biggie. if you want to confirm that's what you need you could take the other side out and go to the hardware store and find an M8 size nut and see if it is correct, or wait and see if someone else on here has Zeta's and knows for sure.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Handguard bar end Bolt Size   Handguard bar end Bolt Size EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 10:36 am

Thanks....I found that too. 8mm....but what about length? I guess anything longer than at least an inch might do. There's no such thing as too long right?

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
mattf

PostSubject: Re: Handguard bar end Bolt Size   Handguard bar end Bolt Size EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 6:10 pm

I just went with the 80mm long one, it was a little longer than what I had but I figured too long would still work, too short won't since they didn't have the same length that I already had..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Handguard bar end Bolt Size   Handguard bar end Bolt Size Empty

Back to top Go down

Handguard bar end Bolt Size
Page 1 of 1