Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

2011 Supercross Season

Go down 
+7
dtx
kingsquid
cryptomundo
Chief_Lee_Visceral
YZEtc
0007onWR
X-Racer
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Midnite171

Midnite171

2011 Supercross Season - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2011 Supercross Season   2011 Supercross Season - Page 6 EmptyThu May 12, 2011 10:02 am

So what do you think was wrong with Stewart this year? He was IMO the fastest most of the time but definitely the most out of control person out there. Do you think the Yamaha just wasn't setup right for him? Does he push too hard when he should probably just concentrate more on staying upright and in a rhythm? Yeah, that sucks that Windham crashed because of it. Did I hear that he started to get in Stewarts face after the crash? I bet a few people got pissed this year as a result from Stewarts crashes. He might do better in a more open, faster motocross track than a tight supercross track.
Back to top Go down
cryptomundo

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Supercross Season   2011 Supercross Season - Page 6 EmptyThu May 12, 2011 3:26 pm

Yeah JS probably just needs to smart'n up a little .. he has skill but needs to learn to keep it together .. ride smarter .. yeah they mentioned Windham had a few words for him and probably more behind the scenes .. for a second I thought Windham was going to just cruz right over the top of JS's bike (he thought so as well) .. I sure wish he would have .. would have been a nice battle between him and RV.
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Supercross Season   2011 Supercross Season - Page 6 EmptyFri May 13, 2011 3:14 am

I wasn't able to keep up with all of the hoopla the last week or so, but was able to eventually watch the races.

I never raced at that level, but I do understand the momentum and confidence factors.

JS: I feel that he had something to prove and when you ride with THAT objective I'm not sure how you find a REAL comfort zone. When you are leading you are the hero and if you don't win you are the goat.

CR: He certainly had something to prove ( that he can perform without the support of a factory and is still someone to contend with). If he doesn't get a factory ride (and paycheck with bonuses) next year I'd really be surprised.

RD: A LOT of motivation to put the #1 plate with "No Stewart - No Reed" competition argument to bed. I'm guessing that his goal was accomplished even though his-race-to-race performance was somewhat inconsistent. He stayed healthy. There is a lot to be said for that.

RV: Seriously, his only obstacle was to stay healthy, upright and ride consistently (Which he had problems doing) but in the end was consistent and fortunate enough.

Great season... Incredible and spectacular "engagements" complemented by absolutely scandalous stuff off track.

Thanks all for the great dialogue and discussion.

NOW LET'S GO MOTOCROSS RACING ! ! !
Back to top Go down
Midnite171

Midnite171

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Supercross Season   2011 Supercross Season - Page 6 EmptyFri May 13, 2011 9:58 pm

when does motocross start and will it be on TV every week???
Back to top Go down
Chief_Lee_Visceral

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Supercross Season   2011 Supercross Season - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 8:56 am

Looking for an old parts information which I found, thanks forum.

Now in celebration of RV's 3rd championship and my championing of the champion wink I will bump this old thread. I just had to recall how I called it because you know it is fun for me.

Congratulations Ryan Villapoto! Go Washington!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Supercross Season   2011 Supercross Season - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

2011 Supercross Season
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6