Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

2011 Supercross Season

Go down 
+7
dtx
kingsquid
cryptomundo
Chief_Lee_Visceral
YZEtc
0007onWR
X-Racer
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
cryptomundo

2011 Supercross Season - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2011 Supercross Season   2011 Supercross Season - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 11:19 pm

yeah that was a good pass by stewart .. it lined up perfectly and he took advantage of it
Back to top Go down
dtx

dtx

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Supercross Season   2011 Supercross Season - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 2:00 pm

In NASCAR,its "boys have at it"
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Supercross Season   2011 Supercross Season - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 2:44 am

Yea... The block passing thing is crap. That's why I prefer outdoor.

Whether it was a cheap move by CR is questionable IMO. IOW, if he REALLY wanted to get cheap in either instance, he could have put both Brayton (during the sandwich pass) and Stewart (last lap) into the bleachers. I mean he was turned-in and parallel when he slid up into him. Cheap would have been DIRECTLY INTO him.

...and I'm not thinking CR is desperate. He wants to win like everyone out there behind the gate. He's really got nothing to prove on the downside of his career. He's not looking for, nor does he even need a seat on a factory team. He's got his own team. he could stop racing at any time and sponsor his own team (ala Joe Gibbs Racing) . So what would be his motivation for desperation ? He's a flat out racer with a racer mentality. That's the way he is - Period.

...and talk about cheap, what about Milville (?) three years ago and James landed on RC ? That wasn't desperate ? If ANYONE is desperate it's JS.

Fuck NASCAR and any analogies to SX or MX to it.
Back to top Go down
0007onWR

0007onWR

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Supercross Season   2011 Supercross Season - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 9:34 pm

I really want to like Reed, watching him ride is great, he about as determined as a rider can be and if Stewart is not on the track he looks great, but I don't think he can face the fact that James is on another level, he doesn't seem to take other guys out like that, he will put a nice clean pass on Dungey for example
Remember 2 years ago when James was cruising around the track just trying to get 6th or better, he was idling along a traight letting Reed pass and Reed knocked him completely off the track around the tuff blocks anyway
I lost a lot of respect for him that day
Let's put it into a different context, let's say it was Tedesco that did that questionable pass thing, he's not going to get within 100 miles of the points chase, he would be a major butt head
Reed does this simply cuz he hates James, he know's the only way to beat him is to knock him down, that equals desperate in my books, maybe Douchebag fit's better
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Supercross Season   2011 Supercross Season - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 2:19 am

007: Valid points... No disagreement there.

Personally, I really don't care for one rider (or brand) over another.

The sport continues to benefit from post-race congratulatory handshakes after the race.

Sportsmanship is a good thing, and there's not many sports that have it any more.

In most (not all) other sports, egos and money seem to get in the way of general camaraderie.

Motorcycle racing, like other sports, has it's egos. It should to some extent. It makes for good racing. It ends when one of the guys you know is lying there flopping in a neurological transition on the side of the track, or a trail and you stop to offer help because in the end, we all (even us who ride recreationally) have to be there for each other and our collective well being.

...and I agree, we can't allow outright and deliberate attempts to disable a fellow rider from at least given a chance to compete for a position. To your point, THAT's NOT sportsmanlike at all. They should be fined. ..or banned. That'd send a message !

What was the kid (#377 ?) who was recently banned from his off-track excursions ? He never came back. Unfortunately. Good rider - Bad behavior. He got what he deserved (I think)....and I think that sent a message to other racers as well.

I use to race two days a week with a lot of the same guys (on different tracks and different clubs), but when we were done we were all at the same partys afterwards and even taking each other to the tracks mid-week to practice together. Granted, no direct relation to the AMA SX personnas except we all wanted to beat each other. ...but still camaraderie.

....and seriously, nothing against NASCAR, or NASCAR fans. I love all forms of racing, it's just not analogous to SX or MX (IMO).

Peace.... Out...

Oh ! Whos's THE MAN this week ? I'll be snowboarding all week so I'm going to miss the best two races ! ...but they're recorded.

My bet.... You saw it coming.

http://www.racerxonline.com/2011/03/03/racer-x-films-daytona-week

Back to top Go down
0007onWR

0007onWR

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Supercross Season   2011 Supercross Season - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 1:51 pm

Ya I guess what frustrates me is we dont see the winner "Win"' I see the winner get taken out by a guy who cannot lead, I am no NASCAR fan either

My Daytona prediction
Villipoto
Reed
Stewart
Dungey
Canard
Back to top Go down
Chief_Lee_Visceral

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Supercross Season   2011 Supercross Season - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 5:11 am

Man that sucks and I feel bad for Stewart.
Back to top Go down
0007onWR

0007onWR

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Supercross Season   2011 Supercross Season - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 5:52 pm

Ya I almost shut the TV off after that, I can't believe he not only got up after that but set the fastest lap
Before he went down he was picking up 2 to 4 seconds a lap most of it from one rhythm section that no one else saw
Be interesting to see RV got toe to toe with Stewart, I wonder if he can step up to Buuba's pace
Back to top Go down
cryptomundo

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Supercross Season   2011 Supercross Season - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 8:21 pm

i cant believe stewarts bike survived that crash .. did you see the front tire when it hit the ground?? holy smokes .. he was lucky too

loved that track .. i think the best thing about that race was the camera following the racers .. that was cool
Back to top Go down
0007onWR

0007onWR

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Supercross Season   2011 Supercross Season - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 12:25 am

Ya it took a lickin, I think if the wheel is straight and the fork bottoms (if Stewarts fork can be bottomed) it's probably OK til the frame bends
Man it went over one time and Fawked off over the double all alone
That had to have freaked out at least one track worker
James looked like he got his bell rung prety bad
Back to top Go down
kingsquid

kingsquid

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Supercross Season   2011 Supercross Season - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 2:44 pm

0007onWR wrote:
Before he went down he was picking up 2 to 4 seconds a lap most of it from one rhythm section that no one else saw

Carmichael was speechless the way he was pre-jumping into that section. Bet he wanted to say, Umm... That's not how I designed it...
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Supercross Season   2011 Supercross Season - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 9:23 pm

kingsquid wrote:
Carmichael was speechless the way he was pre-jumping into that section. Bet he wanted to say, Umm... That's not how I designed it...

Carmichael's easel, Stewart's paint. thumb

Indianapolis....

1. J. Stewart
2. R. Villapoto
3. C. Reed
4. R. Dungy
5. T. Canard
6. D. Milsaps
7. J. Brayton
8. K. Windham
9. K. Roczen
10. M. Alessi

Back to top Go down
cryptomundo

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Supercross Season   2011 Supercross Season - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 1:15 am

looks good .. but I think Dungy is going to be in the top 3 .. as long as his bikes holds together
Back to top Go down
kingsquid

kingsquid

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Supercross Season   2011 Supercross Season - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 8:46 am

Dungey just doesn't have it and can't find it this year. A one year wonder? Decoster leaving Suzuki has to be having a major effect.

But Roger is not able to do anything with Alessi. He's just an embarrassment.
Back to top Go down
cryptomundo

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Supercross Season   2011 Supercross Season - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 10:36 am

Yeah I think your right about Dungy, but tonight I just think he is due .. or at least he should have something to prove tonight .. if he doesnt do something tonight, then its hard to believe we will see much else from him this year.
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Supercross Season   2011 Supercross Season - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 3:37 pm

Dungey has had some awful luck as well... If you can't always be good, I'd settle on luck.

Having a chain come off ? A case breaking ? Seriously... That's some wicked shit on the luck side.

Both above events resulted in a LCQ gate position ( of which there are two on the far outside of the first turn, OR you get whatever is left over).

I copied the csv standings from here. http://results.amasupercross.com/data/2011/09/sxpoints.pdf

1 2 Ryan Villopoto Seattle, WA, USA 196 25 22 25 18 22 20 14 25 25
2 7 James Stewart Haines City, FL, USA 173 20 25 22 25 25 6 20 18 12
3 22 Chad Reed Dade City, FL, USA 172 16 18 14 22 20 15 25 20 22
4 1 Ryan Dungey Belle Plaine, MN, USA 165 22 16 20 20 1 22 22 22 20
5 41 Trey Canard Shawnee, OK, USA 154 18 20 18 15 16 25 18 16 8
6 29 Andrew Short Smithville, TX, USA 128 11 14 12 12 15 16 15 15 18
7 24 Brett Metcalfe Lake Elsinore, CA, USA 107 13 13 13 16 12 13 13 11 3
8 10 Justin Brayton Cornelius, NC, USA 105 5 15 16 3 18 8 11 14 15

There are eight races left. If RD stays consistent here out and/or RV, JS or CR (or all three) had a DNF, RD could (mathematically) be in the hunt for another championship.

Hell if he had any luck he would probably be ahead of CR.

Either way I think the racing at the end of the season will be GREAT !

Who wants to go to Vegas ? freaky
Back to top Go down
0007onWR

0007onWR

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Supercross Season   2011 Supercross Season - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 7:17 pm

Dungey won't have that good a day, he could never pass RV, CR and JS all in the same day
I see him getting a podium if one of the above has a bad day but I doubt he is a first place guy when these other guys are "on"
Back to top Go down
kingsquid

kingsquid

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Supercross Season   2011 Supercross Season - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 4:28 pm

X-Racer wrote:
Who wants to go to Vegas ? freaky

I entered that contest at supercrossonline today. So if I win it, I'm there. Very happy
Back to top Go down
Chief_Lee_Visceral

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Supercross Season   2011 Supercross Season - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 9:24 pm

What JS can do on a bike is great to watch and makes for great races. Do not take anything away from my local hero RV though. He is winning and it is not like JS isn't trying. He deserves his wins.
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Supercross Season   2011 Supercross Season - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 10:29 pm

007: What I meant was that RD could gain enough points over the remaining races, not that he would catch and pass all of the aforementioned in one race. Which would be exciting to say the least !

Kingsquid: I looked and signed-up too ! That's be killer to win ! The after party has to be insane.

Chief: I about fell off the couch just WATCHING James ride ! He was off more than on the bike in some places !

My favorite rider to watch (forgetting all other factors) is Justin Barcia. The kid is just amazing. He rides like he has no strategy in picking lines or passing timing, none of that. He's just WFO all the time. The other guy I like to watch is Dean Wilson. Same excitement, all together different technique.
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Supercross Season   2011 Supercross Season - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 10:34 pm

Justin Barcia

* * JUSTIN SANE * *

2011 Supercross Season - Page 2 BarciaTabletop
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Supercross Season   2011 Supercross Season - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 6:23 am

^ He sure likes to rev tune his bike all over the place. :)
Back to top Go down
Chief_Lee_Visceral

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Supercross Season   2011 Supercross Season - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 9:43 am

X - yeah I will be bummed if Stewart gets injured and doesn't come to Washougal, which appears highly likely the harder he tries.

Barcia - Did he ever ride a bike that was not EFI? (bringgg, pop, pop)

Wilson - anybody that can almost win a race with his pants around his knees needs respect. He grew another foot taller in the off season.
Back to top Go down
0007onWR

0007onWR

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Supercross Season   2011 Supercross Season - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 5:12 pm

X-racer ya I know what you mean, championships happen even when the champ doesn't even win a race
I hope CR's crew keep listening to him and making his bike worse LOL
The guy who's just getting it done this season is RV, he deserves his win's, the guy is just putting it together every time
Barcia = awesome, like to see Wilson up front some more, nice to see Sipes win
Overall a pretty interesting year

Anyone see the 600cc daytona race finish?, wow what a crash
Back to top Go down
Chief_Lee_Visceral

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Supercross Season   2011 Supercross Season - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 5:31 pm

0007onWR wrote:
X-racer ya I know what you mean, championships happen even when the champ doesn't even win a race
I hope CR's crew keep listening to him and making his bike worse LOL
The guy who's just getting it done this season is RV, he deserves his win's, the guy is just putting it together every time
Barcia = awesome, like to see Wilson up front some more, nice to see Sipes win
Overall a pretty interesting year

Anyone see the 600cc daytona race finish?, wow what a crash

I think I could have saved that. I do 170 mph stoppies all the time.

Most amazing thing is apparently they walked away.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Supercross Season   2011 Supercross Season - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

2011 Supercross Season
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next