Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Force Accessories Skid Plate

Go down 
+5
2goose
millert85
mordicai
inspector
ncbuckeye
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ncbuckeye

Force Accessories Skid Plate Empty
PostSubject: Force Accessories Skid Plate   Force Accessories Skid Plate EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 11:32 am

I was wondering if anyone has tried this skid plate and has any feedback on it? I saw there were several people who have their radiator guards, but I didn't see any skid plate users. I like the looks of it, but I can't tell how it is designed in the front or how far back it extends. It looks similar to the Australian B&B plate, but cheaper.

http://www.forceaccessories.com.au/Page/Products.php

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
inspector

inspector

PostSubject: Re: Force Accessories Skid Plate   Force Accessories Skid Plate EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 11:42 am

Not a clue.
Looks decent enough. Minimal coverage on the bottom tho (I'd like to see it extend further back). Sides look OK. Too bad it didn't come up further in the front.

*can anyone tell me what bike the picture is? The one on the left isn't a Wr250r/x.

Force Accessories Skid Plate Forceplate
Back to top Go down
mordicai

PostSubject: Re: Force Accessories Skid Plate   Force Accessories Skid Plate EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 12:10 pm

I've been trying to decide on a skid plate and had looked at this one as I am ordering their Rad. guard, but have decided to get the one from B&B MOTO as it looks to give the best side protection of the lot. His design takes more work to build, but it looks the strongest.
Back to top Go down
ncbuckeye

PostSubject: Re: Force Accessories Skid Plate   Force Accessories Skid Plate EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 1:12 pm

Thanks for the pics inspector. I noticed the bike was different on the left pic, but I assumed the one for our bikes have a similar guard like that one. I emailed the company asking for some additional pictures from the front and the back but haven't heard back from them.

One of the other questions I had for them was if they use a single bolt for all designs like their summary states "Our solution was to develop mounting hardware so that the bash plate could be removed with a single bolt." given that we have a four mounting bolts. I'm curious how they accomplish this and was hopeful that some additional pictures would help. I'll post info if I hear back.

Back to top Go down
ncbuckeye

PostSubject: Guinea Pig   Force Accessories Skid Plate EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 10:14 am

Looks like there's not any experience here with this skid plate, so I'll be the guinea pig. I ordered one last night, and I'll post a review once it comes in.
Back to top Go down
mordicai

PostSubject: Re: Force Accessories Skid Plate   Force Accessories Skid Plate EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 10:25 am

ncbuckeye wrote:
Looks like there's not any experience here with this skid plate, so I'll be the guinea pig. I ordered one last night, and I'll post a review once it comes in.
Great I look forward to seeing you photo's. They also make it in black. I talked with a guy over there that thought it looked great in black on an x, but when it comes to a skid plate looks aren't what it's all about, is it. Look forward to your thoughts.
Back to top Go down
millert85

PostSubject: Re: Force Accessories Skid Plate   Force Accessories Skid Plate EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 6:42 am

i think it was me you were talking to. they are a good bit of gear. very strong, and well designed. for the mounting they found people were damaging the threads in the frame (plus it takes 2 long) removing heaps of bolts all the time, so i beleive what they came up with is bars that bolt to thoseholes in the frame, then the plate bolts to the bars. this stops any chance of wrecking the frame threads with repeated removal and refitting.
Back to top Go down
mordicai

PostSubject: Re: Force Accessories Skid Plate   Force Accessories Skid Plate EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 10:45 am

Hey Millert, Jeez the internet sure shrinks the world. Ya got to love it. Yah I've been thinking about the Force since I talked to you last. The price has slowed me down. Wish that Force did a better job of photographing these things. Don't imagine you have any pictures. My kids just return from a month in Tasmania. Had a blast!.......Max
Back to top Go down
2goose

PostSubject: Re: Force Accessories Skid Plate   Force Accessories Skid Plate EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 9:04 pm

If you want really good side protection check the plate and case guard from TCI
Back to top Go down
ncbuckeye

PostSubject: Re: Force Accessories Skid Plate   Force Accessories Skid Plate EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 3:37 pm

Update: First impression not so good- Order placed on 17th, website indicates a price of $153.65 for polished aluminum, $23.42 Shipping- Total $177.07. GAHHHH

I received a notice the next day that the order was processed and should be shipped soon, but somehow the price went up to $164, plus $25 Shipping- Total $189????? scratch

I emailed back for an explanation, but no response yet. I did another order to check the price and it came up the same as the first order....

We'll see what they say. So far I'm not impressed with their business model or customer service- I emailed over a week ago for additional pictures and still haven't received a response.
Back to top Go down
mordicai

PostSubject: Re: Force Accessories Skid Plate   Force Accessories Skid Plate EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 7:34 pm

Well I appreciate the update as I'm about to order from them. Why go to all the trouble of designing and manufacturing a good product and then turning people off by simply not returning e-mails. May be you guys in Australia who have delt with them before can come on and comment.
Back to top Go down
ncbuckeye

PostSubject: Re: Force Accessories Skid Plate   Force Accessories Skid Plate EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 9:58 pm

mordicai wrote:
Well I appreciate the update as I'm about to order from them. Why go to all the trouble of designing and manufacturing a good product and then turning people off by simply not returning e-mails. May be you guys in Australia who have delt with them before can come on and comment.

I just received an email with the following explanation:

Thank you for your inquiry
We will check the current conversion rate; we will email you a corrected
order on Monday (currently Friday here). Invoice will be in Australian
dollars, your bank will convert when processing payment.

I appreciate their response, though I'm not sure why the website has an option to list prices in USD? I checked my account today, and it did post for $188. And the conversion rate has been around 0.99. Anyhow, I'll try to be patient, and I'm still excited to see their product in person.

I'm curious- for those who've ordered from Force Accessories before, or from B&B in Australia, did they notice this price increase after the purchase? I'm not talking about the fee for the international purchase, but thinking you're buying something for $50, and you're billed $60?
Back to top Go down
ncbuckeye

PostSubject: Where is my skidplate??   Force Accessories Skid Plate EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 12:19 pm

Still haven't received the skidplate yet.... dunno Monday will be 3 weeks since the order.

I've never ordered from Australia before- how long did it take for the rest of you to receive something from Australia?

Side note: This really makes me appreciate Eastern Beaver- I order something from him in Japan, and he gets it here within one week!!
Back to top Go down
mordicai

PostSubject: Re: Force Accessories Skid Plate   Force Accessories Skid Plate EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 12:39 pm

Well really depends on how big the boat is. It seems that other's that have ordered from Australia have received things much quicker, but that's probably by air. Does not bode well for Force. Thanks for the update. Strange that we have not heard from previous buyers of Force products. I know a lot of folks had bought their Rad. guard.
Back to top Go down
PYG RYDR

PYG RYDR

PostSubject: Re: Force Accessories Skid Plate   Force Accessories Skid Plate EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 2:00 pm

mordicai wrote:
Well really depends on how big the boat is. It seems that other's that have ordered from Australia have received things much quicker, but that's probably by air. Does not bode well for Force. Thanks for the update. Strange that we have not heard from previous buyers of Force products. I know a lot of folks had bought their Rad. guard.

I purchased the Force Rad Guard. No problems. I understood the dollar exchange rate when ordering and the Rad Guard arrived in short and reasonable time.

The guard is sturdy.

I am a happy customer!
Back to top Go down
mordicai

PostSubject: Re: Force Accessories Skid Plate   Force Accessories Skid Plate EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 6:44 pm

...and I am going to order their Rad Guard
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: Force Accessories Skid Plate   Force Accessories Skid Plate EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 12:32 am

mordicai wrote:
Strange that we have not heard from previous buyers of Force products. I know a lot of folks had bought their Rad. guard.
I have the Force rad guard, but bash plate is a Ricochet (no longer recall why I made that choice, because I considered the Force at the same time). Arrived so quickly it was almost as though it had been shipped from somewhere in the US. There was a minor issue with mounting hardware. I emailed them, and an entire replacement set of mounting goodies arrived in very short order. For me, the service was very good, but this was over two years ago.
Back to top Go down
ncbuckeye

PostSubject: Re: Force Accessories Skid Plate   Force Accessories Skid Plate EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 7:48 pm

I emailed the company to see if they have any tracking info. I received a response the same day with the following info others might appreciate: International orders usually take 10 business days. For me this was Friday. I've had some other packages delayed because of weather, so I'm sure that's the reason.

I'm hoping to get it Monday or Tuesday- I'll post pictures if I can figure out how scratch
Back to top Go down
mordicai

PostSubject: Re: Force Accessories Skid Plate   Force Accessories Skid Plate EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 8:28 pm

ncbuckeye wrote:
I emailed the company to see if they have any tracking info. I received a response the same day with the following info others might appreciate: International orders usually take 10 business days. For me this was Friday. I've had some other packages delayed because of weather, so I'm sure that's the reason.

I'm hoping to get it Monday or Tuesday- I'll post pictures if I can figure out how scratch
Looking forward to the pictures. I've been try and failing to post pictures for a week now......good luck. I need better advice on how to do lthat then whats on this site.
Back to top Go down
millert85

PostSubject: Re: Force Accessories Skid Plate   Force Accessories Skid Plate EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 10:09 pm

yeah, you'll have to cut us some slack atm :) . fortnight ago half the east coast was under water from worst flooding in recent history, last week north east coast got SMASHED by a category 5 tropical cyclone, south east coast (rough area where force is located) still has flooding in areas. i know the supplier i get chain and sprockets from is still taking 4 days longer than usual to get stuff to me.
Back to top Go down
ncbuckeye

PostSubject: Re: Force Accessories Skid Plate   Force Accessories Skid Plate EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 5:49 pm

I haven't been trying to figure out how to post pictures- I don't have anything to photograph cry

I think it has been lost in shipping somewhere. I have been in contact with a rep from the company by email, and they contacted the Australia Post, and they were no help. She suggested I contact my post office, which I did- it wasn't hiding anywhere. The company expected that I would have it a week ago Friday, then earlier in the week they suggested we wait until this Friday (yesterday) to see if it shows up. Unfortunately, it did not. I do not think this is any reflection on the company, just one of those things that happens. The one thing I wish they would've done is had a way to track the package, but they didn't.

It's been so long, now I'm trying to decide if I should just ask for a refund and look elsewhere, or have them try to ship another one and possibly wait another 3 weeks.
Back to top Go down
ncbuckeye

PostSubject: Re: Force Accessories Skid Plate   Force Accessories Skid Plate EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 4:53 pm

Just wanted to close the chapter on this issue- I never received the skidplate. I'm bummed I never got it, but at this point not going to wait on another one. Sorry to those who were interested in seeing pictures of this on our bike. If anyone else gets one, I'd still like to see pics!
Back to top Go down
FreckledAvenger

PostSubject: Re: Force Accessories Skid Plate   Force Accessories Skid Plate EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 9:01 am

I thought I would give Force a go considering I was going to buy one of their radiator guards anyway and I live a lot closer than most (I live in Brisbane - they are in Melbourne). I ordered it on Friday morning and received it on Tuesday. It came via Australia Post (eParcel), not sure how it would be shipped if you live overseas. The skid plate and a further box of the extras (screws, bracket etc) comes sealed together in plastic.

Force Accessories Skid Plate Imag0010

Rather than the polished finished I elected for the PPA (Performance Polymer Alloy) black coating. Hopefully this do something to deaden any noise coming off the plate without me doing anything ...

Force Accessories Skid Plate Imag0016

There are three white "Force accessories" decals - one of the front and one on each side plus a cut out of an "F" right on the front.

Force Accessories Skid Plate Imag0017

Here a photo of the extras that came in the box - a mounting bracket, two screws for mounting to the bike and a larger screw/washer for fitting the skid plate to the bracket to make taking it off and putting back on easy (just hope it is secure enough). The screws are all hex. There are couple of strips of foam with a sticket strip on one side.

Force Accessories Skid Plate Imag0019

I don't have a scale but it seems to be around the 1.2kg mark including all the parts.

Not sure when I will get a chance to put it on though - may wait until I do my first oil change (just got my new 2010 model last week - only 168km so far but I will do something about that on the weekend wink ).

Back to top Go down
ncbuckeye

PostSubject: Looks great   Force Accessories Skid Plate EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 11:45 am

Freckled- thanks for the pictures. It looks like it is really well made. Post some more when you get it on the bike!!

Back to top Go down
mordicai

PostSubject: Re: Force Accessories Skid Plate   Force Accessories Skid Plate EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 11:51 am

Oh yah, no fair waiting. We all want to see that sucker on the bike. Thanks for the photo's.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Force Accessories Skid Plate   Force Accessories Skid Plate Empty

Back to top Go down

Force Accessories Skid Plate
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next