Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Pics from a Newbie !

Go down 
+6
Jäger
WRXR
YZEtc
Boondocker
X-Racer
zone47
10 posters
AuthorMessage
zone47

zone47

Pics from a Newbie ! Empty
PostSubject: Pics from a Newbie !    Pics from a Newbie ! EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 8:28 pm

Well, I don't have any current bike pictures of myself, so I'll post some from over the years! dunno

I started out on street trail bikes and here today I bought a WR250R .... so I'm back where I started. Full circle in a sense.

This is what I started out on >

Pics from a Newbie ! MPRUO

Pics from a Newbie ! 5eTuR

Pics from a Newbie ! IRbsV

Ahhh YeS ! The Yamaha 175 whooped all those KDX200s !

Pics from a Newbie ! LSV23

Pics from a Newbie ! J6ZuU

Here is the most current pic I have of me ... which is 1.5 years old>

Pics from a Newbie ! A8fHp

I'd have to say out of all the bikes I've been through, Yamaha is the most impressive technologically speaking.

Here is the bike I bought!

Pics from a Newbie ! TuGLR
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: Pics from a Newbie !    Pics from a Newbie ! EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 3:47 am

Ahhhhhh yeaassss...

Another legacy (WR) IT and early YZ rider.

You have immaculate taste. wink

Welcome to the jungle.
Back to top Go down
Boondocker

Boondocker

PostSubject: Re: Pics from a Newbie !    Pics from a Newbie ! EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 4:40 pm

It looks like you found a leftover '08. I got a new '08 in May of 2010 and I'm still thrilled about it.
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Pics from a Newbie !    Pics from a Newbie ! EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 8:37 pm

Welcome. :)

The bikes pictured bring back memories for me, too, as I owned a 1981 IT-175H and a 1982 IT-175J.
Great fun.
The J model was one sweet bike. thumb
Back to top Go down
WRXR

WRXR

PostSubject: Re: Pics from a Newbie !    Pics from a Newbie ! EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 9:13 pm

Those are great pics, of great times. Thanks for sharing!
Back to top Go down
zone47

zone47

PostSubject: Re: Pics from a Newbie !    Pics from a Newbie ! EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 8:14 am

WRXR wrote:
Those are great pics, of great times. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks, some of these spark some good memories.

I dug up a few more classics, so get your popcorn ready ! lurk

Here we have a Suzuki TS125 on the left, myself in the middle on a TC90 Suzuki and my Brother on a Honda SL175 I think it was .... dunno

Pics from a Newbie ! B5MyU

Hill climb on the TS 185

Pics from a Newbie ! OSijL

Fail

Pics from a Newbie ! JU1q7

Pics from a Newbie ! Fv2vT

After getting tired of crashing the 185, I found this RM125 and that changed everything! It was an ex pro's race bike and was just killer!

Pics from a Newbie ! DktvC

Back at the ranch....l, I guess the SL175 was useful for more than just being an over weight dirt bike! freaky

Pics from a Newbie ! QFtGp

This was my favorite dirt bike from the 80s. I wore one out and then bought another one.

Pics from a Newbie ! XHuMO

Pics from a Newbie ! ZCoMR

Pics from a Newbie ! UU5HK

And this bike, on this track... I took my knee out to lunch and was out for about 6 months! That hurt!! cry

Pics from a Newbie ! RdRZS

ok and finally, good old Grandpa!! ! .... and the mini bike he built for me !! This thing was soo much fun .... the styling could have been better, but hey! at least I had some wheels Very happy

Pics from a Newbie ! FWBLd

Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Pics from a Newbie !    Pics from a Newbie ! EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 8:37 am

Nice.
Old pics are cool. :)
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: Pics from a Newbie !    Pics from a Newbie ! EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 1:24 am

YZEtc wrote:
Nice.
Old pics are cool. :)
Interesting how many of us WR250R owners can look at a thread like this and go... "Hey, I raced one of those".

Somewhere around here I have pics of myself grinning like a Cheshire cat, with some trophies, on a YZ with this newfangled suspension called a "monoshock"...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pics from a Newbie !    Pics from a Newbie ! EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 1:14 am

Rad Pics!!!
Back to top Go down
DougZ

DougZ

PostSubject: Re: Pics from a Newbie !    Pics from a Newbie ! EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 7:46 am

Great pics..love the dress code for riding in the 70's. Very happy

I wish I had old pics like that. I only started riding dirt within the past couple years.

The WRR is my first Yamaha...completing the Jap four..I have owned Suzuki, Honda and Kawasaki. I am pretty damn happy with the WRR so far. thumb
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Pics from a Newbie !    Pics from a Newbie ! EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 10:41 am

Oh man, nostalgia! I had an RM125 back in the 80's too...that thing was hot! This gives me an idea tho...

**edit** Thanks Zone, we've now got a section where we can post up old school stuff! thumb wings Post away, guys!!

zone47

PostSubject: Re: Pics from a Newbie !    Pics from a Newbie ! EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 9:34 am

SheWolf wrote:
Oh man, nostalgia! I had an RM125 back in the 80's too...that thing was hot! This gives me an idea tho...

**edit** Thanks Zone, we've now got a section where we can post up old school stuff! thumb wings Post away, guys!!

Cool! thanks .... I probably have more pics somewhere! amazon

wink wink

beavis
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Pics from a Newbie !    Pics from a Newbie ! EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 9:57 am

Awesome! It's great when ppl share old memories that dislodge the dust bunny brain blobs in the rest of us. Very happy

PostSubject: Re: Pics from a Newbie !    Pics from a Newbie ! EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 5:09 am

Awesome pics man!....yeah lots of memories of old bikes that have gone before, raced RM's and YZ's in the 80's. But the pic I loved was of the old TS 185 and SL 175, first motocross I ever went to my buddy doubled me there on his SL and then raced it!!!!....and then when I was a few years older 10 or 11 maybe? he taught me to ride on a TS 185.
.......half a world away down here in New Zealand but doing the same stuff world over it seems!!!!! cool.
Back to top Go down
rokka

rokka

PostSubject: Wonderfull    Pics from a Newbie ! EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 4:00 pm

Wonderful pics! Thanks! In the beginning i rode a Husqvarna 250 & Honda XL500S. I think i have ´to find some old photographs :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pics from a Newbie !    Pics from a Newbie ! Empty

Back to top Go down

Pics from a Newbie !
Page 1 of 1