Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Idyllwild Ride - Southern California

Go down 
AuthorMessage
GusinCA

GusinCA

Idyllwild Ride - Southern California Empty
PostSubject: Idyllwild Ride - Southern California   Idyllwild Ride - Southern California EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 12:38 pm

Yesterday I decided to explore an area I have driven through many times, but never ridden in. It's a little further than my usual haunts near Big Bear, but this area gets HOT in the summer (think Palm Springs) and so I thought I'd hit it while the weather was nice (72 degrees at the base of the moutain, 62 at the 6,200 foot level).

Started out at the Cranston Fire Station near the town of Hemet, and wound my way up the trails towards Idyllwild. Amazing scenery and a cute little town in the forest to stop at the top and eat.

Anyway, glad to be living in Southern California, where all of these adventures are less than a 2 hour drive from my home at the coast... :)

Idyllwild Ride - Southern California Map

Heading up the mountain. Hemet in the background. You could see all the way to the ocean...

Idyllwild Ride - Southern California 0060copy

The weather was warm, the snow was melting, the creek was flowing...

Idyllwild Ride - Southern California 0070copy

And if there's water, I'm in it...

Idyllwild Ride - Southern California 0072copy

A panoramic self portrait...

Idyllwild Ride - Southern California 0075copy

Saw this sign at the end of my ride, no gates, no signs anywhere else, just this.
Oh well, I survived somehow...

Idyllwild Ride - Southern California 0085copy-1

Back to top Go down

Idyllwild Ride - Southern California
Page 1 of 1