Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

MT-43 Rear Tire Review/Fitment??

Go down 
+2
ramz
wallycycle
6 posters
AuthorMessage
wallycycle

wallycycle

MT-43 Rear Tire Review/Fitment?? Empty
PostSubject: MT-43 Rear Tire Review/Fitment??   MT-43 Rear Tire Review/Fitment?? EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 8:57 am

Did a search on the forum for the MT43 and could not find any posts.

would like to know if the tire will clear the swing arm and general impressions of the tire compared to 606 or 21s.

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
ramz

PostSubject: Re: MT-43 Rear Tire Review/Fitment??   MT-43 Rear Tire Review/Fitment?? EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 11:00 am

Check it out:
WR250R Mods - Tires, rear sprocket, and drive chain <-- linky
Click pictures to supersize.
Back to top Go down
wallycycle

wallycycle

PostSubject: Re: MT-43 Rear Tire Review/Fitment??   MT-43 Rear Tire Review/Fitment?? EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 9:17 pm

Thank you for that!
Back to top Go down
Berwyn Henderson

PostSubject: Re: MT-43 Rear Tire Review/Fitment??   MT-43 Rear Tire Review/Fitment?? EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 9:23 am

A happy chain is a cool one------ If is hot to the touch it is toooo tight. All other methods are ballpark, all depends on sag dutch baldy usa Berwyn
Back to top Go down
skierd

PostSubject: Re: MT-43 Rear Tire Review/Fitment??   MT-43 Rear Tire Review/Fitment?? EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 10:47 pm

It needs more room than the D606, with the popular 13/46 or 13/47 sprockets I'd run a 112L chain to prevent it from rubbing on the mud flap.

I liked it off-road, super traction in every and all conditions, from slick mud and rocks and roots to loose gravel, deep sand, etc. Not the best on pavement, and I had my second one fail by separating at the tread on the center knobs last summer. In the end i like the feel of good knobs better, but if I was using the WRR as a trail only bike the MT43 would be one of if not my top choice.
Back to top Go down
Chief_Lee_Visceral

PostSubject: Re: MT-43 Rear Tire Review/Fitment??   MT-43 Rear Tire Review/Fitment?? EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 10:06 am

I have been running 13/46 but with the MT43 I think that is too tall. I am gonna do some computating on what I want but unless the MT43 fails on me it is going to be my tire.
Back to top Go down
mwgak

PostSubject: Re: MT-43 Rear Tire Review/Fitment??   MT-43 Rear Tire Review/Fitment?? EmptySun May 15, 2011 2:17 am

skierd wrote:
It needs more room than the D606, with the popular 13/46 or 13/47 sprockets I'd run a 112L chain to prevent it from rubbing on the mud flap.

+1 Just dropped one on. Tire is tall. I am running 13/47 and 112 on the chain. I might be able to drop to 110, but I think it would be rubbing. Amazing what this tire does for traction. Different riding style. Finesse was not a word that would surface while describing my throttle control...but with this tire, smoother gets there faster (and slower becomes a possibility)

I have been running it at 8 psi in the dirt and if you are wanting to run it that low, I would drop in a Motion Pro lite rim lock. I did not balance the tire and have not noticed much vibration at highway speeds, but I came over from a Dunlop 745 (non DOT), so just about anything would be better to me.

Last edited by mwgak on Sun May 15, 2011 12:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chief_Lee_Visceral

PostSubject: Re: MT-43 Rear Tire Review/Fitment??   MT-43 Rear Tire Review/Fitment?? EmptySun May 15, 2011 5:06 am

The MT43 is equivalent to a 140/80. No math genius. I know because I just swapped one for the other on my Husaberg tonight using Tubliss.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MT-43 Rear Tire Review/Fitment??   MT-43 Rear Tire Review/Fitment?? Empty

Back to top Go down

MT-43 Rear Tire Review/Fitment??
Page 1 of 1