Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

SEAT CONCEPTS GROUP BUY - NOW COMPLETE

Go down 
+11
Chief_Lee_Visceral
motoman250f
vwsandman
0007onWR
Scharcon
mcwbyu82
hughtwg
SheWolf
adamoto
greer
Jäger
15 posters

Does your WR250R/X cause you butt ache? Are you considering a new seat?
Yes
SEAT CONCEPTS GROUP BUY - NOW COMPLETE Empty82%SEAT CONCEPTS GROUP BUY - NOW COMPLETE Empty
 82% [ 45 ]
No
SEAT CONCEPTS GROUP BUY - NOW COMPLETE Empty18%SEAT CONCEPTS GROUP BUY - NOW COMPLETE Empty
 18% [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 55

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

SEAT CONCEPTS GROUP BUY - NOW COMPLETE Empty
PostSubject: SEAT CONCEPTS GROUP BUY - NOW COMPLETE   SEAT CONCEPTS GROUP BUY - NOW COMPLETE EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 5:56 pm

CLOSED. Those who got on the list, please contact Robert to complete your purchase.

Some of you may or may not have heard about a group buy on Seat Concepts seats over on ADV. About the time I saw it, it was done.

Anyways, Greer here has apparently raved about her replacement Seat Concepts seat that not only got her Happy Bum, but also got her 1" closer to the ground. Riders who have compared Seat Concepts to Renazcos and Corbins are saying they are at least as comfortable and many find them the most comfortable of all three. Plus, they don't come with the same waiting time and price tag. A pretty good endorsement...

I ended up exchanging emails with Robert over on Seat Concepts, and he has offered to extend our dirty faced crowd the same group buy discounts that were offered over on ADV.

So here's the deal:

The seat:
http://seatconcepts.com/index.php?p=1_23

Normal height Seat Concepts (GsVs bike):

SEAT CONCEPTS GROUP BUY - NOW COMPLETE IMG_2518-R

SEAT CONCEPTS GROUP BUY - NOW COMPLETE IMG_2522-R

Some of our members' take on the seat:
https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/t2926p20-seat-concepts?highlight=Seat+Concepts
https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/t2768-yet-another-seat-option?highlight=Seat+Concepts

The group buy is for a Seat Concepts normal or lowered WR250R/X seat.

The lowered seat is 1" lower in height.

Seat colors are black or Royal Blue. Alternately, you can have stock seat appearance: blue sides with black top. Hate to contaminate the thread with a DRZ, but here's the blue/black seat appearance:

SEAT CONCEPTS GROUP BUY - NOW COMPLETE Drz_lo10

Shipping is free in the continental US; discounted elsewhere (ask for details)

Standard price is $160. Discount is 10% for 10 seats; 15% on 15 seats, 20% on 20 or more.

Regarding waterproofing, as per Robert:
"The material itself is waterproof but under extreme conditions the water will go into the seam. If someone lives in those conditions you just need to put a layer of thin plastic between the foam and cover while installing the cover over the foam. Normal washing and quick showers should be fine."

Tyvek that's been through the washer once to soften it, perhaps? Just a thought.

You need to contact Robert at seatconcepts@gmail.com when you put your name on the list here - that is what actually puts your name on the list. Robert will contact you to confirm your seat choices, payment options, shipping info, etc.

Can't beat that with a stick, and my ass is tired of hurting 5 or 6 hours into a ride. Getting an inch closer to the ground makes my short little legs happy as well.

CUTOFF DATE: 09 FEBRUARY 2011

So who's in? I am:

1. Jäger
2. ShePuppy
3. little squirt
4. kenner
5. ediehl
6. ducnek
7. chanster
8. Dancamp
9. kjharn
10. Akoffroader
11. Boondocker
12. Chief_Lee_Visceral
13. Huskerwrx
14. toast
15. Chrispy1200
16. dc4stroke
17. combo
18. Claus22
19. 5S Dude
20. mcwbyu82
21. MyMonyPit
22. MyMonyPit's wife
23. TierHawg
24. motoman250f
25. bsheet2
26. StoneAgeMan
27. blaisew
28. jeickerman
29. dwsmith
30. vwsandman
31. picard
32. debaisley
33. jackiestarr
34. Bob
35. user888
36. Yamaguy55
37. svr700
38. Chadx
39. Scharcon
40. okdq
41. duanew
42. bash3r
43. akula802
44. ramz
45. beemerwolf
46. adamoto
47. bhmax
48. hughtwg

Last edited by Jäger on Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:40 am; edited 51 times in total
Back to top Go down
greer

PostSubject: Low seat   SEAT CONCEPTS GROUP BUY - NOW COMPLETE EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 12:51 pm

Here's my low seat with firm foam:

SEAT CONCEPTS GROUP BUY - NOW COMPLETE BirdfeederWRseat007

Note that yours won't be this thin; I took the cover back off mine and used a beltsander to shave it down a bit more. As I've said, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Seat Concepts to anybody.

Sarah
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: SEAT CONCEPTS GROUP BUY - NOW COMPLETE   SEAT CONCEPTS GROUP BUY - NOW COMPLETE EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 3:28 am

The group buy is now closed.

Those of you on the list above; it is your responsibility to contact Robert and complete the details of your purchase with him.

Back to top Go down
adamoto

adamoto

PostSubject: Re: SEAT CONCEPTS GROUP BUY - NOW COMPLETE   SEAT CONCEPTS GROUP BUY - NOW COMPLETE EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 9:15 am

48 seats... not bad cheers
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: SEAT CONCEPTS GROUP BUY - NOW COMPLETE   SEAT CONCEPTS GROUP BUY - NOW COMPLETE EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 10:29 am

Ordered and shipped! SEAT CONCEPTS GROUP BUY - NOW COMPLETE 379944

PostSubject: Re: SEAT CONCEPTS GROUP BUY - NOW COMPLETE   SEAT CONCEPTS GROUP BUY - NOW COMPLETE EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 5:47 pm

Could someone give a quick break down of the cover optionss?

I'm guessing that the standard cover is black gripper sides with a carbon fiber (look) top. How does this compare with the feel of the OEM cover?

Thanks,
Hugh
Back to top Go down
greer

PostSubject: Re: SEAT CONCEPTS GROUP BUY - NOW COMPLETE   SEAT CONCEPTS GROUP BUY - NOW COMPLETE EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 7:52 am

hughtwg wrote:
Could someone give a quick break down of the cover optionss?

I'm guessing that the standard cover is black gripper sides with a carbon fiber (look) top. How does this compare with the feel of the OEM cover?

Thanks,
Hugh

More discussion here:

https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/t2926-seat-concepts

From what I've read and heard, the gripper cover is much more grippy that the stock/factory cover.

Sarah
Back to top Go down
mcwbyu82

PostSubject: Re: SEAT CONCEPTS GROUP BUY - NOW COMPLETE   SEAT CONCEPTS GROUP BUY - NOW COMPLETE EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 1:44 pm

Just got my cover and foam in the mail. Everything looks real top quality. Man is that foam nice.
Hopefully be taking over to the campus upholestry shop and trading a Pizza for a install this afternoon!
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: SEAT CONCEPTS GROUP BUY - NOW COMPLETE   SEAT CONCEPTS GROUP BUY - NOW COMPLETE EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 4:39 pm

Just got mine today. WOW. eeek Off to my upholstery friend to finish things... wink

PostSubject: Re: SEAT CONCEPTS GROUP BUY - NOW COMPLETE   SEAT CONCEPTS GROUP BUY - NOW COMPLETE EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 4:43 pm

+1 thumb
Back to top Go down
mcwbyu82

PostSubject: Re: SEAT CONCEPTS GROUP BUY - NOW COMPLETE   SEAT CONCEPTS GROUP BUY - NOW COMPLETE EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 4:55 pm

SheWolf wrote:
Just got mine today. WOW. eeek Off to my upholstery friend to finish things... wink
Youre gonna love it. took mine for its first test yesterday.
Back to top Go down
0007onWR

0007onWR

PostSubject: Re: SEAT CONCEPTS GROUP BUY - NOW COMPLETE   SEAT CONCEPTS GROUP BUY - NOW COMPLETE EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 5:46 pm

But......I feel left out....
Mine isn't here and I ain't on the list, sniff, blubber
Maybe shewolf got mine by mistake, hey gimmie it back, Hmmm....I know where it is heh heh
Back to top Go down
vwsandman

vwsandman

PostSubject: Re: SEAT CONCEPTS GROUP BUY - NOW COMPLETE   SEAT CONCEPTS GROUP BUY - NOW COMPLETE EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 10:45 pm

Got mine today, looks great!
Back to top Go down
motoman250f

PostSubject: Re: SEAT CONCEPTS GROUP BUY - NOW COMPLETE   SEAT CONCEPTS GROUP BUY - NOW COMPLETE EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 11:28 pm

All that I was hoping for! great seat.
Back to top Go down
Chief_Lee_Visceral

PostSubject: Re: SEAT CONCEPTS GROUP BUY - NOW COMPLETE   SEAT CONCEPTS GROUP BUY - NOW COMPLETE EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 8:10 am

Color me surprised. I didn't expect as much difference as I feel. Thanks jaeger and Robert
Back to top Go down
scgmc

PostSubject: Re: SEAT CONCEPTS GROUP BUY - NOW COMPLETE   SEAT CONCEPTS GROUP BUY - NOW COMPLETE EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 5:24 pm

Nice seat for the price. I'm real happy with the looks, feel, and quality. I haven't took it on a long ride, but initial impressions lead me to believe I'm really going to like it. I'm really glad I got in on the group deal, it paid for me to have SC install the all carbon fiber cover for me. Quick service and a good job. thumb My girlfriend says it makes the bike look expensive, less of a toy. That's just a bonus if I can ride for 3 or 4 hours without getting sore. We'll give it the true test because we often ride two-up and she normally feels it a lot sooner than I do.
Back to top Go down
vwsandman

vwsandman

PostSubject: Great Seat!   SEAT CONCEPTS GROUP BUY - NOW COMPLETE EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 6:17 pm

Have gone for a few rides on my newly installed seat. Works great! I really like it! Thanks to all for the great deal!
Back to top Go down
dc4stroke

dc4stroke

PostSubject: Re: SEAT CONCEPTS GROUP BUY - NOW COMPLETE   SEAT CONCEPTS GROUP BUY - NOW COMPLETE EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 12:47 am

Got mine on. Though I haven't had time to ride it. But I'm sure I'm gonna like it from the impression from just sittimg on it.I had to install it myself since all the local shops gave me the old "drop it off and we'll call ya when we get around to it" run a round.
Back to top Go down
Dancamp

PostSubject: Re: SEAT CONCEPTS GROUP BUY - NOW COMPLETE   SEAT CONCEPTS GROUP BUY - NOW COMPLETE EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 6:13 am

I installed it to.

Should be able to test it by next week.
Back to top Go down
dc4stroke

dc4stroke

PostSubject: Re: SEAT CONCEPTS GROUP BUY - NOW COMPLETE   SEAT CONCEPTS GROUP BUY - NOW COMPLETE EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 8:36 am

Got time Sunday to go for a short ride and I'm impressed with this seat. Possibly one of the best additions I've made to the bike. Having ridden for 40+ years I can safely say.......GOOD SEAT! My ass has endurred some of the best and worst seats made. ANd this thing rates near the top.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: SEAT CONCEPTS GROUP BUY - NOW COMPLETE   SEAT CONCEPTS GROUP BUY - NOW COMPLETE EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 12:46 am

OMFG...this new seat is like butter on the ass.... eeek I can ride around all day on this thing with no monkey butt! cheers

adamoto

PostSubject: Re: SEAT CONCEPTS GROUP BUY - NOW COMPLETE   SEAT CONCEPTS GROUP BUY - NOW COMPLETE EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 10:37 am

^^^ Yeah, I just rode mine to work today for the first time with the new seat and I love it. cheers
Back to top Go down
little squirt

little squirt

PostSubject: Re: SEAT CONCEPTS GROUP BUY - NOW COMPLETE   SEAT CONCEPTS GROUP BUY - NOW COMPLETE EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 11:09 pm

im going to say it.......OMG! my ass loves me!!! top 5 best mods ever

SEAT CONCEPTS GROUP BUY - NOW COMPLETE 187c209d

SEAT CONCEPTS GROUP BUY - NOW COMPLETE 7caa1088
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SEAT CONCEPTS GROUP BUY - NOW COMPLETE   SEAT CONCEPTS GROUP BUY - NOW COMPLETE Empty

Back to top Go down

SEAT CONCEPTS GROUP BUY - NOW COMPLETE
Page 1 of 1