Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

New Toy - Boss Carrier

Go down 
+8
kbike
KidShaleen
nikkiwr
X-Racer
soggytire
Vortac
little squirt
BaJinDu
12 posters
AuthorMessage
BaJinDu

BaJinDu

New Toy - Boss Carrier Empty
PostSubject: New Toy - Boss Carrier   New Toy - Boss Carrier EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 8:27 pm

WR250R, Ford Escape, Boss dirt bike carrier

New Toy - Boss Carrier Bike_o10

New Toy - Boss Carrier Bike_o11

New Toy - Boss Carrier Bike_e10

Cant wait for summer!
Back to top Go down
little squirt

little squirt

PostSubject: Re: New Toy - Boss Carrier   New Toy - Boss Carrier EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 5:21 pm

looks good! how much does it pivot left to right? like if you put your hand on the back of the seat and the handle bar then rocked the bike.....
Back to top Go down
Vortac

Vortac

PostSubject: Re: New Toy - Boss Carrier   New Toy - Boss Carrier EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 9:17 am

interesting. is that a Class II hitch?
Back to top Go down
BaJinDu

BaJinDu

PostSubject: Re: New Toy - Boss Carrier   New Toy - Boss Carrier EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 11:52 am

Yeah, its class II. It came stock with a class I hitch but I put the Class II on awhile ago when i started hauling a trailer with multiple bikes. The Boss hitch doesnt move at all, once it is locked in its very secure. Its scary driving around with it on the back of the Escape but it doesnt move at all.
Back to top Go down
soggytire

soggytire

PostSubject: Re: New Toy - Boss Carrier   New Toy - Boss Carrier EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 1:46 am

Price?
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: New Toy - Boss Carrier   New Toy - Boss Carrier EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 3:15 am

Shaweet.... ( Short of a pickup I mean)

Make sure you can see your tail/brake lights at 500 ft.

Looks like they have a line-of-sight from the first pic, but if not maybe a set of additional reflectors will keep the heat off your tail.
Back to top Go down
BaJinDu

BaJinDu

PostSubject: Re: New Toy - Boss Carrier   New Toy - Boss Carrier EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 10:15 am

The 2 lights on the bottom of the carrier plug into the trailer plug. They act as the signal/break lights.

New Toy - Boss Carrier Boss_r10
Back to top Go down
nikkiwr

nikkiwr

PostSubject: Re: New Toy - Boss Carrier   New Toy - Boss Carrier EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 12:08 am

sweet! maybe i'll get one for my 4runner.
Back to top Go down
KidShaleen

PostSubject: HoW does it drive    New Toy - Boss Carrier EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 3:28 pm

I'm thinking of getting a similar carrier for use on my RAV 4 do you find this works well? Does it look like it put's alot of stress on the hitch mount?
Back to top Go down
kbike

kbike

PostSubject: Re: New Toy - Boss Carrier   New Toy - Boss Carrier EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 11:15 am

KidShaleen wrote:
I'm thinking of getting a similar carrier for use on my RAV 4 do you find this works well? Does it look like it put's alot of stress on the hitch mount?

I have this rack from Discountramps.com. $129 plus shipping. It works great, I've used it for all of my dirt bikes including a DR650. It comes with a ramp and a clamp that keeps the carrier from rocking.

New Toy - Boss Carrier 266484599_hG6Rs-M
Back to top Go down
trav72

trav72

PostSubject: Re: New Toy - Boss Carrier   New Toy - Boss Carrier EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 12:00 pm

Both of those racks are much better than the pos that I currently have. Although it's carried multiple bikes throughout the northeast, it moves and rocks like crazy. I'm just used to watching my bike move all over the place in my rear view mirror. A friend of mine is currently building me a new one that will be totally welded and accommodate my dirt wheels as well as my SM wheels.

Here's the current POS carrier.
New Toy - Boss Carrier Logan-18

New Toy - Boss Carrier Img-2019
Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

PostSubject: Re: New Toy - Boss Carrier   New Toy - Boss Carrier EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 10:15 pm

BaJinDu wrote:
..... Its scary driving around with it on the back of the Escape .....

It's NUTS driving around with it on the back of an Escape.
Back to top Go down
Marylucky

Marylucky

PostSubject: Re: New Toy - Boss Carrier   New Toy - Boss Carrier EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 11:05 am

gatorfan wrote:
BaJinDu wrote:

Why ?
I have an Escape too and I was planing to change the hitch so I can put one of these on the back...
Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

PostSubject: Re: New Toy - Boss Carrier   New Toy - Boss Carrier EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 8:31 pm

Marylucky wrote:
gatorfan wrote:
BaJinDu wrote:

Why ?
I have an Escape too and I was planing to change the hitch so I can put one of these on the back...

Max tongue weight of an Escape should be 350# ( 3,500# towing capacity - per Ford website).

Bike plus carrier exceeds that.

Also, these carriers extend the weight away from the vehicle which increase the tongue weight.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
Back to top Go down
Arkmage

PostSubject: Re: New Toy - Boss Carrier   New Toy - Boss Carrier EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 11:42 am

The limiting factor isn't the hitch or the mounting points its the rear springs. I just ordered load leveling air bags for my mini van so I can use one of these without screwing with steering and braking by taking so much weight off the front end of the car.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Toy - Boss Carrier   New Toy - Boss Carrier Empty

Back to top Go down

New Toy - Boss Carrier
Page 1 of 1