Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Soon to be (I hope) WRX Owner

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
eflyersteve

Soon to be (I hope) WRX Owner Empty
PostSubject: Soon to be (I hope) WRX Owner   Soon to be (I hope) WRX Owner EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 3:46 pm

I've owned and ridden cycles since I was 9, so for around 32 years now. My last bike was a Ninja 250R (an 09 I recall) which I loved but wasn't very practical on the dirt roads. My son is turning 14 and will be getting his motorcycle permit so his grandmother bought him a new CRF230M which he loves (he has an 83 XR200R and the engines are still somewhat similar). I've decided that it's time to get another bike and I've settled on an X. Found a used one for a decent price and hopefully it will still be there this weekend when I get my tax refund. I like the thought of being able to ride with my son and teach him how to be safe.

I have a 3/4 ton long bed diesel truck and a 30 foot travel trailer. Plans are to load the bikes in the back when we take the trailer on vacation and do some sight seeing when we get there. I'll be looking at a toy hauler some time in the future, but in the meantime, I'll be researching ways to load and secure two bikes in the back of a somewhat tall truck.

I hope to be a regular on these forums very soon. I've learned a lot already.

Back to top Go down
dustcloud

PostSubject: Re: Soon to be (I hope) WRX Owner   Soon to be (I hope) WRX Owner EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 5:32 pm

Peace YAM Welcome to the forum and I hope u luv ur x as much as all of us do! Peace YAM
Back to top Go down
eflyersteve

PostSubject: Re: Soon to be (I hope) WRX Owner   Soon to be (I hope) WRX Owner EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 5:09 pm

Picked up the X today. $3600 out the door. 300 miles on the odo. It's been record cold here recently (-27F) but it's supposed to warm to near 70 in a few days. Can't wait to get it out and ride.

In the meantime, I'll be making my list of mods and ordering some things soon.
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Soon to be (I hope) WRX Owner   Soon to be (I hope) WRX Owner EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 5:35 pm

Nice price on the bike. :)

Where you from?
Quite a range of temperatures over a few days, huh?
Back to top Go down
eflyersteve

PostSubject: Re: Soon to be (I hope) WRX Owner   Soon to be (I hope) WRX Owner EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 8:15 pm

Central Oklahoma here. Not much for scenic drives or twisties I know. Just got the bike trailered home and washed it. It's a muddy, snowy mess so I won't be riding for a while.
Back to top Go down
WR250X

WR250X

PostSubject: Re: Soon to be (I hope) WRX Owner   Soon to be (I hope) WRX Owner EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 1:45 am

eflyersteve wrote:
Picked up the X today. $3600 out the door. 300 miles on the odo. It's been record cold here recently (-27F) but it's supposed to warm to near 70 in a few days. Can't wait to get it out and ride.

In the meantime, I'll be making my list of mods and ordering some things soon.

Enjoy your new bike!

WOW what a bargain price you got LUCKY!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Soon to be (I hope) WRX Owner   Soon to be (I hope) WRX Owner Empty

Back to top Go down

Soon to be (I hope) WRX Owner
Page 1 of 1