Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

oil change and oil level window

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
gibeur la sale affaire

oil change and oil level window Empty
PostSubject: oil change and oil level window   oil change and oil level window EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 6:21 pm

I've done my first oil change on my 09 Wr250x. I've got this bike used at 1600km this winter. And I'm doing the oil change waiting for spring (there is 4 feets of snow outside GAHHHH Changed the filter too, so I was supposed to poor 1,4L in it. But after pooring about 1,2L in the motor, the oil level in the window was at full line when engine is warm. The bike was at level when checking the oil level. I've poor the 200ml of oil remaining and now the window completly full and I have to lean the bike a bit to see the level going down......

Did i have too much oil in engine? Should i follow the 1,4 L recommendation when changing oil/filter and the window utility is reduced to quick check if there is ''enough'' oil in the engine to be run and have an idead of the oil condition? Or the reading in the window is accurate and the yamaha recommendations were off-target?

Thanks all

Last edited by gibeur la sale affaire on Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
mordicai

PostSubject: Re: oil change and oil level window   oil change and oil level window EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 6:26 pm

My experience was that the bike took a bit less then 1.4. I added oil until it showed right in the middle of the engine oil window. DO NOT OVERFILL WITH OIL! Use the window to see when the level is correct.
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: oil change and oil level window   oil change and oil level window EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 6:34 pm

Assuming you got it all out to begin with, the level will go down a bit once you run the engine for a few minutes.
That's a good idea after doing an oil change to check for any leaks. :)
Back to top Go down
gibeur la sale affaire

PostSubject: Re: oil change and oil level window   oil change and oil level window EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 6:54 pm

YZEtc wrote:
Assuming you got it all out to begin with, the level will go down a bit once you run the engine for a few minutes.
That's a good idea after doing an oil change to check for any leaks. :)

I've measured the level that came out and was a tad more than 1,3L.

No leaks on my bike ;)

The level was ok with 1,2L added, that's 200ml less than what I was expecting....seems a lot in an engine with only 1,5L in it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: oil change and oil level window   oil change and oil level window Empty

Back to top Go down

oil change and oil level window
Page 1 of 1