Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Fuel Mileage

Go down 
+63
TwoBuells
mekros
raymondhenson
oic0
Biglake
crashmaster
chuckP
Krispy
TBird1
justmpg
ibismojo
Farmer17
rokka
Mr.Metal
Sloth
Dancamp
Ryan Nelson
motokid
Matty
PooTeeTat
Medski
Akasy
Jersey Devil
WRoldman
duanew
YZEtc
keith_mahoney
clint
Hetch
grubbie
BlueAngel
Crazy Monkey
xcel
jason meacham
Jäger
subedai
ve2yag
derm75
Max Pwr
GsVs
greer
superbee24
David Haynes
10Cup
texascycle
craigq
WeaveR
1moreroad
Machtig
flatboarder
essadv
mfrankpdx
0007onWR
Addicted
inspector
lotsofwheels
shredak
ZED
Krabill
SheWolf
SpiritWolf15
mwakey
Reschly
67 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Addicted

Fuel Mileage - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel Mileage   Fuel Mileage - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 3:38 pm

I have been getting 65 running a mix of road and trail, and I have gotten as low as 45 riding aggressive.

I' going to shop for a bigger tank or a spare tank to carry.
Back to top Go down
0007onWR

0007onWR

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Mileage   Fuel Mileage - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 5:58 pm

SheWolf wrote:
I fill mine as far as it will go and try not to spill any. *shakes a finger at Red* You be quiet.... Very happy

Yer not tall enough to look into the tank when you stand beside the bike so I understand Heh Heh!

I checked my mileage and my bike got 65mpg with a slightly modded airbox and the "Stock" map from dynojet which does add fuel
See what it's like with the new FMF and new mapping
I have heard a few people say they get 80mpg but dont forget an imperial gallon is about 3/4 liter (.8 of a Quart) bigger than a U.S. gallon so canadian bikes will get seemingly better fuel economy
Back to top Go down
SpiritWolf15

SpiritWolf15

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Mileage   Fuel Mileage - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 6:17 pm

0007onWR wrote:
SheWolf wrote:
I fill mine as far as it will go and try not to spill any. *shakes a finger at Red* You be quiet.... Very happy

Yer not tall enough to look into the tank when you stand beside the bike so I understand Heh Heh!

I checked my mileage and my bike got 65mpg with a slightly modded airbox and the "Stock" map from dynojet which does add fuel
See what it's like with the new FMF and new mapping
I have heard a few people say they get 80mpg but dont forget an imperial gallon is about 3/4 liter (.8 of a Quart) bigger than a U.S. gallon so canadian bikes will get seemingly better fuel economy

The US system of measurement should be outlawed... so inaccurate... metric, it's so perfect droooool
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Mileage   Fuel Mileage - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 6:43 pm

Yeah, that will be interesting to see what economy you get with your new setup Red. Us Canucks seem to get seemingly better a lot of things... wink I'll ride behind you anyday. *coughs* Very happy

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Mileage   Fuel Mileage - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 9:45 pm

62 miles on 1.51 us gallons with q4 installed. Though I rarely get out of 3rd or 4th.
Back to top Go down
mfrankpdx

mfrankpdx

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Mileage   Fuel Mileage - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 2:16 pm

I've only calculated 3 fill ups, but my average is 54.7 mpg. You should check out www.fuelly.com, it's a cool little site for tracking gas mileage.
Back to top Go down
SpiritWolf15

SpiritWolf15

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Mileage   Fuel Mileage - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 2:31 pm

mfrankpdx wrote:
I've only calculated 3 fill ups, but my average is 54.7 mpg. You should check out www.fuelly.com, it's a cool little site for tracking gas mileage.

54... holy sheep dude... that's worse than my 95 aircooled carbed XT350... and only marginally better than my 82 R65LS...

A 250 should not be getting anything less than 70
Back to top Go down
shredak

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Mileage   Fuel Mileage - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 1:16 am

shredak wrote:
62 miles on 1.51 us gallons with q4 installed. Though I rarely get out of 3rd or 4th.

41.05 mpg
Back to top Go down
mfrankpdx

mfrankpdx

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Mileage   Fuel Mileage - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 2:22 am

Tibarus wrote:
mfrankpdx wrote:

54... holy sheep dude... that's worse than my 95 aircooled carbed XT350... and only marginally better than my 82 R65LS...

A 250 should not be getting anything less than 70

It has a few mods, including a fuel programmer. I ride the snot out of it and I'm actually pretty happy with the mileage. When I ride the snot out of my R6, I only get about 31 mpg. Also it's an X, not an R, I don't know if that makes a difference or not.
Back to top Go down
essadv

essadv

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Mileage   Fuel Mileage - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 12:31 am

My bike is totally stock and I normally get between 65 mpg and 70 mpg. Just took a trip on a dirt road to the headwaters of the Boise River, 167 miles rountrip with 2.01 gallons. Yes thats right 83.1 mpg! I was mostly going ~35 mph-I am not an aggressive rider. This is the second time I have done something like that so it is not a fluke. Amazing!
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Mileage   Fuel Mileage - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 8:53 am

thumb Glad to see someone else gets that kind of snort out of their bike.

flatboarder

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Mileage   Fuel Mileage - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 9:22 am

Click on fuel icon at my footer to see my fuel statistics.
I am getting 3.5l per 100km which means something like 66 mpg. Stock engine, stock tires, relaxed riding style mostly, but full throttle every now and then. However, no full speeding over distance, no motorways and so on. Will drastically increase offroad percentage in the near future.
Back to top Go down
shredak

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Mileage   Fuel Mileage - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 26, 2009 10:18 pm

I have my bike completely modded for power and my fuel economy has not really changed still a bit over 40 mpg
Back to top Go down
Machtig

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Mileage   Fuel Mileage - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 5:57 pm

You people obviously do not ride your bikes that hard. I beat mine like the red headed stepchild it is. I avg high 40's mpg (US gallons).

Edit: other than Shredak that is. He obviously floggs his appropriately Very happy
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Mileage   Fuel Mileage - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 11:35 pm

Machtig wrote:
You people obviously do not ride your bikes that hard. I beat mine like the red headed stepchild it is. I avg high 40's mpg (US gallons).

Edit: other than Shredak that is. He obviously floggs his appropriately Very happy

Maybe you should start another thread to see who can get the WORST fuel mileage. Very happy
Back to top Go down
ZED

ZED

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Mileage   Fuel Mileage - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 28, 2009 12:17 am

Hey! Just give me weather decent enough to ride again and I'll see what I can do about that milage. I'll give you a run for the money on that thread. Very happy

(more white shit these past few days GAHHHH )

Last edited by ZED on Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
1moreroad

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Mileage   Fuel Mileage - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 5:27 pm

When I ride for fun on the street (which is most of the time) I get about 55 mpg. Lots of corners have limited sightlines around here, so I usually run high revs through the corners to get some drive out of them. Brief periods above 75 mph (on the GPS) aren't uncommon either. Low fuel light comes on around 85 or 90 miles and I put just over 1.5 gallons in. Stock bike except -1 front sprocket, but it got about the same with the stock sprocket. Almost 2000 miles on it. Tires at about 29 psi.

When I ride to trails and then baby step on them at 5 - 20 mph in 1st and 2nd gear, my mileage has dropped as low as 45 mpg.

When I rode only to work on a dead straight highway at 50 - 55 mph (I have slow neighbors in Mississippi) and managed to get mostly green lights, I average in the high 70s. Once.
Back to top Go down
WeaveR

WeaveR

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Mileage   Fuel Mileage - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 7:12 pm

checked my Rx's mpg today...

fuel light came on at 123 miles..

Sooooo... 2.0 gallons less reserve is 1.45 gal

123 miles on 1.45 gal is 84.8 mpg.

stock gearing, no mods, plenty of 5th gear riding at 60-65 mph (indicated), my sweet spot, no major windage or mountains, but not straight or flat by any means.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Mileage   Fuel Mileage - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 7:55 pm

thumb And nobody believed me it could be done. deal

WeaveR

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Mileage   Fuel Mileage - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 9:49 pm

tank before that was 118 miles before fuel light ~81.5 mpg

I think I'll keep it thumb
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Mileage   Fuel Mileage - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 10:05 pm

cheers I've found with the 'Tude it's better still. Gotta love awesome fuel economy. thumb

ZED

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Mileage   Fuel Mileage - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 04, 2009 12:34 am

I think today makes three tanks in a row where the fuel light came on at about 145km.
That's commuting in the city so lots of acceleration and stops.
Back to top Go down
ZED

ZED

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Mileage   Fuel Mileage - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 13, 2009 12:05 am

A new record for me. 151.6km when the fuel light came on.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Mileage   Fuel Mileage - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 13, 2009 8:38 am

Gettin' better! thumb

craigq

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Mileage   Fuel Mileage - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 9:44 pm

I filled up tonight: 162km 5.02L; according to the VW TDI Conversion site:
3.10 L/100km
76 US MPG
91 IMP MPG
32 km/L

The fuel light came on with the bike on its sidestand while I was putting my helmet and gloves on, then went off as I went for my ride but I thought I'd better get some fuel anyways. There's only 341 km on the odometer and I'm still getting used to the bike. Not as good as my CBR125R, but I don't expect it to be. That tank was mostly commute to work on 60/80 kph streets with lots of stop-n-go in the afternoon traffic. lurk
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Mileage   Fuel Mileage - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fuel Mileage
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next