Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum
Share | 

owners of flatland radiator protector/guard please help with

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
nikkiwr

PostSubject: owners of flatland radiator protector/guard please help with   Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:08 pm

i just installed my flatland radiator guard. do the 2 black rubber bushings get reused or left out. the reason for asking is because the top nut barely grabs the threaded bolt by about 3 threads only with the bushing on, but if i remove it the flatland guard gets pulled in too close to the frame.
please help. i hope i am explaining this clear enough.

thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
scoprire

PostSubject: Re: owners of flatland radiator protector/guard please help with   Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:00 am

I've got mine mounted using the bushing. The nut only has 3-4 threads used, but no problems so far.
Back to top Go down
LukeDuke25

PostSubject: Re: owners of flatland radiator protector/guard please help with   Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:33 am

I used the bushings on mine. Worked great. Bought it from

Enduro Armor.com

Luke
Back to top Go down
Coop

PostSubject: Re: owners of flatland radiator protector/guard please help with   Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:01 pm

Older post I know, but...

I had to remove the bushings or my shroud wouldn't reach the mounts (it hit the rad guard too soon). I have emailed the company and asked about this issue. I bought it used but it was brand new and unopened. It's possible my radiator is tweaked, the previous owner laid it down and that's why I was able to buy the bike so cheap and with only 189 miles on it. It looks straight but that doesn't mean it is.

Still hits the guard but at least I can bolt it on now. No way was I bolting it up with the rubber bushings installed still. It was 1/4" away from reaching.

Back to top Go down
LordEndo

PostSubject: Re: owners of flatland radiator protector/guard please help with   Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:22 pm

Bushings get reused. I had issues getting the outer bolts lined up - just takes some finagling - the protector is a tight fit and you gotta make sure the mounts extend through those slots in the guard.
Back to top Go down
WR25RY

PostSubject: Re: owners of flatland radiator protector/guard please help with   Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:48 am

I just installed the flatland radiator guard, but what a pain to removed the OEM plastic guard... I was so close to just break the thing and leave the two screws holding it onto the radiator, but finally able to get to it. I do agree that top bolts only thread like half of the bolt with the rubber bushing and a washer. I am thinking about going back and removing the washer...

It look and feel solid, but I wish it had a plate on the bottom to cover rocks coming up from the front wheel... Those have the flatland radiator guard, can you look at the bottom half or 1/3 of the radiator and see any rock damage? I'm thinking either heat tape or even a duct tape between the gap guard and radiator on the bottom. Would the bottom of the radiator get too hot for a duct tape? Any thoughts?

BTW, my heat tape on shroud touches the guard too. I'm thinking about duct taping that spot that touches so the heat tape won't get ripped from rubbing.
Back to top Go down

owners of flatland radiator protector/guard please help with

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1