Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Servo and Exup - call me a noob but wtf should I do???

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Midnite171

Midnite171

Servo and Exup - call me a noob but wtf should I do??? Empty
PostSubject: Servo and Exup - call me a noob but wtf should I do???   Servo and Exup - call me a noob but wtf should I do??? EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 9:51 am

Ok, I've done some mods (flapper, rear break light assembly, 12 tooth, KTM folding mirrors, and some others) but I will soon be adding a full FMF exhaust (Q4, header and EFI) but my question is;

What is all this talk about the servo and exup? What are they? Do they have to be removed or modded and why? Is it neccessary when changing exhausts? And most importantly how to do it all, step by step (with pictures maybe???)

Thank you so much!!!
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

Servo and Exup - call me a noob but wtf should I do??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Servo and Exup - call me a noob but wtf should I do???   Servo and Exup - call me a noob but wtf should I do??? EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 10:24 am

The EXUP valve is a butterfly plate controlled by an electric servo motor.
It's built into the muffler, a few inches in front of the muffler "can".
It opens and closes according to the bike's electronics.
It supposedly gives more low end torque, but, in my opinon, these days it's more about reducing exhaust noise at certain throttle positions and RPM.

Removing it is no big deal because when you remove the stock muffler, the EXUP valve comes off with it since it's built into the stock muffler.

The servo motor that controls it is where the money comes in.
You can either leave the motor in place and plugged into the wiring and call it a day, or remove it and substitute where it once plugged in with something to fool the bike into thinking that it's still there.
This is usually called a servo sub or servo eliminator.
If you simply unplug it and ride, the bike runs fine but lights-up an orangy-red CEL (Check Engine Light).

Search for "servo eliminator" or "servo sub".
Back to top Go down

Servo and Exup - call me a noob but wtf should I do???
Page 1 of 1