Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

fell flat

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
dustcloud

fell flat Empty
PostSubject: fell flat   fell flat EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 5:34 pm

The other day I finally got to ride my x after removing the ais and airbox door and flapper and installing fmf programmer. Everything was going great and it was running really well, clutching wheelies up in 2nd with no probs. I was very happy until all of a sudden I wound out 3rd and hit 4th and it just bogged right out. I let off the gas immediately and tried to get it to do it again but it wouldnt do it. The engine was def up to temp as I had been out flogging it for about half an hr and the outside temp was around 55 and sunny. Any thoughts on what may have happened? I'm really hoping its not a sign of the fuel pump going bad. It's an 09 so I was hoping I wouldnt have the pump problems of the 08's. Oh yeah, programmer settings, 3,4,.5,8,4,4 with stock exhaust.
Back to top Go down
greer

fell flat Empty
PostSubject: Re: fell flat   fell flat EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 6:36 am

Rev limiter?

Sarah
Back to top Go down
dustcloud

fell flat Empty
PostSubject: Re: fell flat   fell flat EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 8:22 am

It was soon as I shifted to 4th and I wasnt on the limiter in 3rd and it wasnt on and off it was plain flat like it ran outta fuel so I dont think that was it. scratch
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

fell flat Empty
PostSubject: Re: fell flat   fell flat EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 6:54 am

Bike ran fine through all 6 gears before your mods?

Does bike currently run fine in gears 1,2, & 3 but bogs in 4th every time? Or is it bogging everywhere now?

You have stock, very restrictive exhaust system, but added a fuel programmer?

Hmmm...could you have fouled your plug? Are you running to rich with a programmer but stock exhaust?

Have you thought about reversing your mods and taking bike back to stock to see if your mods caused some issues?

At the very least you could disconnect your fuel programmer and take it for a short ride through the gears to see what happens.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
dustcloud

fell flat Empty
PostSubject: Re: fell flat   fell flat EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 9:55 am

It only did it one time. Never did it b4 I added the programmer but after that time I couldnt get it to do it again. If it does it again I will unplug the programmer and see if it does it nemore. I know there wasnt much gas in the tank so I'm thinkin now that maybe while I was wheelying it sloshed the gas away from the fuel line side of the tank and temporarily ran outta fuel. I'm hopin neway.
Back to top Go down
greer

fell flat Empty
PostSubject: Re: fell flat   fell flat EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 10:22 am

I've been wondering about that, too. I was riding home on fumes a few days ago and mine "fell flat" at the top of a fairly long hill. I swerved hard back and forth to slosh what gas I had and it picked right back up. This was 5-6 miles from home. About a mile from home it required one more swerve and slosh to get me in the driveway.

Sarah
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

fell flat Empty
PostSubject: Re: fell flat   fell flat Empty

Back to top Go down

fell flat
Page 1 of 1