Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

AMSOIL ?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
G-MAN

G-MAN

AMSOIL ? Empty
PostSubject: AMSOIL ?   AMSOIL ? EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 10:49 pm

I have been running AMSOIL 10-40 full synthetic motorcycle oil. I have friends that swear by it. I think it is better than most. What do you think?
Back to top Go down
Striper19

Striper19

AMSOIL ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: AMSOIL ?   AMSOIL ? EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 11:58 pm

It is the Shit! Just expensive and hard to come by. So I settle for the Motul 7100 Full Synthetic 10/40. The AMSOIL full synthetic is amazing stuff. Last an extremely long time too.
Back to top Go down
0007onWR

0007onWR

AMSOIL ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: AMSOIL ?   AMSOIL ? EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 1:46 am

Amsoil is great stuff but
There's no comparison for the oil that is blended to spec for the engineer who designs Yamaha engines
That's Yamalube
I have seen a lot of oil information in the last while and I gotta say Yamalube is the shit and there is no better filter than stock either
I don't see any reason to use anything else
Back to top Go down
millert85

AMSOIL ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: AMSOIL ?   AMSOIL ? EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 3:04 am

0007onWR wrote:
Amsoil is great stuff but
There's no comparison for the oil that is blended to spec for the engineer who designs Yamaha engines
That's Yamalube
I have seen a lot of oil information in the last while and I gotta say Yamalube is the shit and there is no better filter than stock either
I don't see any reason to use anything else

I'm with ya. i wont sell other oil or non-genuine filters to a yamaha owner. the difference in filters is crazy. we stock hiflofiltro filters for everything else and you compare the yz/wr filter in genuine and hiflo and you'll never use a hiflo. we keep one on the shelf just to show people the difference. as for the oils, what i've read the yamalube 4-s is higher quality than motul 5100 (semi) and not quite up to 7100. i retail the 4-s about half the 7100 per litre.
Back to top Go down
0007onWR

0007onWR

AMSOIL ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: AMSOIL ?   AMSOIL ? EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 9:49 pm

Interesting thing about oil is there is very little info available to the public, you need to be on the inside and talk with the oil blenders, in yamaha's case Nippon and Spectrum, nothing outperforms Yamalube
Japan created new standards in oil with JSA etc because Europe and USA just were not doing it
In fact one of the marine oil certifications uses a Yamaha Outboard as a baseline and all oils are tested in it to get the certification
Next time you get an aftermarket filter off a bike cut it open and look at the internals
Most of them are 100 micron filters, Yamaha is 40 micron
That means the filter will barely be dirty inside because it won't catch debris
Back to top Go down
skierd

AMSOIL ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: AMSOIL ?   AMSOIL ? EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 10:42 pm

Yamahalube is pretty good oil overall.

Lots of oil info if you start looking for it, bobistheoilguy.com is probably the best site.

I personally use Rotella Synthetic 5w40. $4 or $5.something a quart at Walmart, still under $20 for a gallon, JASO MA rated now too, and its made to last under stress vs car oils which are made to maximize fuel economy and motorcycle oils which seem to be made to maximize profits but are otherwise often formulated similarly to diesel oils.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

AMSOIL ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: AMSOIL ?   AMSOIL ? Empty

Back to top Go down

AMSOIL ?
Page 1 of 1