Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

fmf q4 or power core 4?

Go down 
+2
YZEtc
blakeo
6 posters
AuthorMessage
blakeo

fmf q4  or power core 4? Empty
PostSubject: fmf q4 or power core 4?    fmf q4  or power core 4? EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 2:08 am

hey guys i was just wondering wats the difference between the fmf q4 and the powercore 4? if anyone has either let me know wat ya think of them
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: fmf q4 or power core 4?    fmf q4  or power core 4? EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 8:30 am

Main thing is noise output.
The Q stands for Quiet as far as I know.
The flip side of the coin is that the Powercore would be less restrictive.

Also, I believe that at least some versions of the Powercore come without a spark arrestor.
Back to top Go down
rydnseek

rydnseek

PostSubject: Re: fmf q4 or power core 4?    fmf q4  or power core 4? EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 10:13 am

I've got a powercore with the powerbomb header, my riding buddy has the Q4. Riding them & listening to them side by side, you can't hear any difference, nor feel any power difference. If i were buying a new one, & both were same price, i'd go for the q4 for psychological reasons. I noticed the most increase in power with the pipe. All the other performance mods are very minor & hard to notice, but i'm sure add up to more power. You'd have to measure the sound with a decibel meter to tell any difference. There might even be some.. should be, since the q4 is supposed to be quieter.
Back to top Go down
blakeo

PostSubject: Re: fmf q4 or power core 4?    fmf q4  or power core 4? EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 4:05 am

awesome because i just ordered the q4 and a powerbomb header :) cant wait
Back to top Go down
Stubbz

Stubbz

PostSubject: Re: fmf q4 or power core 4?    fmf q4  or power core 4? EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 4:10 pm

not much gain if at all with the header so if my bike didn't have one on it when i bought it id have saved the money. powercore pipe sounds great tho and is good quality.
Back to top Go down
little squirt

little squirt

PostSubject: Re: fmf q4 or power core 4?    fmf q4  or power core 4? EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 9:32 pm

side by side shots, the Q4 looks to be a couple inches longer as well
Back to top Go down
dtx

dtx

PostSubject: Re: fmf q4 or power core 4?    fmf q4  or power core 4? EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 9:12 am

my q4 can pass tech if needed at an event
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: fmf q4 or power core 4?    fmf q4  or power core 4? Empty

Back to top Go down

fmf q4 or power core 4?
Page 1 of 1