Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

From the JAW.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
BabyMigs

BabyMigs

From the JAW.  Empty
PostSubject: From the JAW.    From the JAW.  EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 3:16 pm

Ola,

BabyMigs checking in from Moose Jaw Saskatchewan.

Apart from a Bombardier CAN-AM 175 2-stroke I had growing up, I've rode nothing but Sport bikes and road racing bikes.

However, after work sent me to the great prairie I've come to the conclusion that my current ride is ill suited for the kind of riding available in this province. A fire breathing RC51 with 200km fuel range and racetrack suspension doesn't inspire confidence when you wish to ride off the mind numbing Trans Canada highway.

So after searching all winter I pulled the trigger on a demo 2009 WR250X with 200km's on the odometer. 5499+tax out the door. Out of pocket it came to $6050 Canadian. Got to love buying a motorcycle when it's still -40 degrees outside.

I've since ordered the 3.7 Gallon fuel tank from Safari, a skid plate and the wolfman Enduro tank bag.
I do like the idea of TW200'ish tires on 17 inch rims, so in future I may pick up a set so I can practice swapping tires depending on the riding I plan on doing. I'll be off the beaten track a lot, and I want the capability to patch a tube with items I will always carry.

As an added bonus, about an hour from here is a Go-Kart track that allows Mini-roadracing. The perfect place to learn how to ride 'motard.
Back to top Go down

From the JAW.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum :: General :: New Members-
Jump to: