Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Hey, new to WRs here.

Go down 
+4
adamoto
dustcloud
Midnite171
liftdt4r
8 posters
AuthorMessage
liftdt4r

liftdt4r

Hey, new to WRs here. Empty
PostSubject: Hey, new to WRs here.   Hey, new to WRs here. EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 8:45 pm

Hey all, just wanted to introduce myself as I'm sure I'll be surfing this site a lot in the coming months. I just bought a 2011 WR250R, it's my first enduro, and first 4 stroke. I've owned a bunch of YZs and a couple of Banshees that I've had a ton of fun on, but I think I'll be able to get much more use out of the WR and even ride it to work a few days a week. I picked it up last Saturday and so far I love it, it's a great bike!!! I have 55 miles on the odo so far. I did a small ride with a few of my buddies that are on ADVRider and I kept up pretty good with a X Challenge and a KLR. The WR is much more nimble than either of those bikes offroad, but I have to admit, I got stomped on road with both of those 650s. Anyway, I've been eying some mods Ive seen done on this site, I already have a skid, some kreiga stuff, and some handguards on order. I'm also thinkng about doing the big bore, I was wondering if anyones done this themselves? I've done a ton of 2 stroke motor work and I'm pretty mechanically inclined.

I'll be doing the Pine Barrens 300 in April on this bike in Jersey, and I ride a lot in PA where I currently live, if anyone is looking to ride definitely hit me up as I just moved out to PA and I don't know anyone here.

Anyway, I thought I'd post a few pics of the new WR although I'm sure everyone know what it looks like as well as a couple other toys, I used to be pretty active at BansheeHQ, and also YotaTech if anyone is on either of those 2 sites hit me up!

New WR, got her muddied up pretty good the next day,

Hey, new to WRs here. IMG00080-20110226-1550

Hey, new to WRs here. IMG00079-20110226-1550

I don't know if you guys are interested in non-enduro stuff, but I'll post up a few pics of a couple other Yamies I have. My YZ250, gets some regular romping, just wish she was street legal!

Hey, new to WRs here. Bike07091

My Banshee that I built a few years back, we do a bunch of trips, its been to Utah, Maine, and hopefully New Hampshire this summer. Kinda ugly, but I'm big on the whole function over form idea!

Hey, new to WRs here. P1010008

Hey, new to WRs here. P1010007
Back to top Go down
Midnite171

Midnite171

PostSubject: Re: Hey, new to WRs here.   Hey, new to WRs here. EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 9:21 pm

You like to stick with the blue bikes, eh? I think you'll like the WR, nice and nimble and with a few mods, you can get some extra power.
Back to top Go down
dustcloud

PostSubject: Re: Hey, new to WRs here.   Hey, new to WRs here. EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 9:35 pm

Nice stable ya got there!! Welcome to the pack. Get a programmer and a pipe and do the airbox mods and U'll be satisfied with ur new purchase. thumb
Back to top Go down
liftdt4r

liftdt4r

PostSubject: Re: Hey, new to WRs here.   Hey, new to WRs here. EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 10:47 pm

Thanks for the replies!! I was hoping just to do some small mods this summer and really tear into over the winter. I want to make sure I'm really into it first.

I was wondering, I tried seraching but I couldn't come up with anything. How are the smaller tail light/plate assemblies for riding in the mud? Will I get covered with dirt? My buddy with the x challenge bought a smaller setup and he gets his back covered with mud when we ride.

Also, anyone in PA or NJ here riding? I'm looking to do some day trips this summer, looking to see Centralia and other stuff here in PA. Also, anyone heading to the Pine Barrens 300? It's on the cross country BMW website.

Thanks again guys!!
Back to top Go down
adamoto

adamoto

PostSubject: Re: Hey, new to WRs here.   Hey, new to WRs here. EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 1:33 pm

Where in PA are you from?
Back to top Go down
liftdt4r

liftdt4r

PostSubject: Re: Hey, new to WRs here.   Hey, new to WRs here. EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 3:06 pm

I live in Easton but I work right near Allentown.
Back to top Go down
Midnite171

Midnite171

PostSubject: Re: Hey, new to WRs here.   Hey, new to WRs here. EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 3:13 pm

liftdt4r wrote:

I was wondering, I tried seraching but I couldn't come up with anything. How are the smaller tail light/plate assemblies for riding in the mud? Will I get covered with dirt? My buddy with the x challenge bought a smaller setup and he gets his back covered with mud when we ride.

I have the Edge Tail Light Kit on my bike.
http://www.wheelingcyclesupply.com/images/products/HyRpeH8AAAEAABeClC4AAAAA-85509.jpg
A lot of people here use this. In my experience, the mud will mostly stay off your back, however it can cover your entire license plate and brake light with mud. So if you do some serious mud boggin', make sure you wipe your plate and light off if you go back onto the street.
Back to top Go down
liftdt4r

liftdt4r

PostSubject: Re: Hey, new to WRs here.   Hey, new to WRs here. EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 4:40 pm

Midnite171 wrote:
liftdt4r wrote:

I have the Edge Tail Light Kit on my bike.
http://www.wheelingcyclesupply.com/images/products/HyRpeH8AAAEAABeClC4AAAAA-85509.jpg
A lot of people here use this. In my experience, the mud will mostly stay off your back, however it can cover your entire license plate and brake light with mud. So if you do some serious mud boggin', make sure you wipe your plate and light off if you go back onto the street.

Thanks!! That looks like a great kit, just curious, but where did you get the turn signals for it? I noticed they arent included.
Back to top Go down
Midnite171

Midnite171

PostSubject: Re: Hey, new to WRs here.   Hey, new to WRs here. EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 5:27 pm

You can order everything at Wheeling Cycle Supply.

Brake Light Assembly: http://www.wheelingcyclesupply.com/shop/1/24/index.shtml

The blinkers are found elsewhere on the Wheeling Cycle Supply site.

Blinkers: http://www.wheelingcyclesupply.com/shop/36/24/index.shtml

I have the Type 601 LED Flashers. http://www.wheelingcyclesupply.com/images/products/07BIzH8AAAEAAEjVYYoAAAAA-56387.jpg
Back to top Go down
mordicai

PostSubject: Re: Hey, new to WRs here.   Hey, new to WRs here. EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 6:18 pm

12 o'clock Labs also sells the kit with blinkers and OEM wr250r plugs installed.
Back to top Go down
mash100

mash100

PostSubject: Re: Hey, new to WRs here.   Hey, new to WRs here. EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 2:46 pm

Nice kit!! thumb
Even my X with stock giant UK number plate ('license plate' for our brethren the other side of the pond....), as soon as I ride on a wet road, the back of my nice Weise jacket gets coated in road cr*p. Even worse in the winter with road salt mixed in budah I guess it makes no difference what kind of tail-tidy/license plate combo you go for. Cr*p is cr*p.....
Back to top Go down
liftdt4r

liftdt4r

PostSubject: Re: Hey, new to WRs here.   Hey, new to WRs here. EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 9:10 pm

mash100 wrote:
Nice kit!! thumb
Even my X with stock giant UK number plate ('license plate' for our brethren the other side of the pond....), as soon as I ride on a wet road, the back of my nice Weise jacket gets coated in road cr*p. Even worse in the winter with road salt mixed in budah I guess it makes no difference what kind of tail-tidy/license plate combo you go for. Cr*p is cr*p.....

Groovy babay, yeah!

Sorry, couldnt resist the avatar.

I started diggin into this bike already, got some stuff on order and some on the bike. I'm trying to limit myself to one piece a week. I finally popped its cherry and got it stuck this past weekend, unfortunately no pics but here it is with some good old Jersey clay.

Hey, new to WRs here. IMG00083-20110313-1501

250 miles so far and lovin it!! I get a lotta weird looks ridin around in Jersey, lotsa double takes. I don't know what people are gonna think once I ditch the signals and mirrors.
Back to top Go down
Hertz

Hertz

PostSubject: Re: Hey, new to WRs here.   Hey, new to WRs here. EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 9:22 pm

I'm in PA as well, State College area. There is some really good riding here in the Bald Eagle state forest. Lot's of good single track and snowmobile trails. DCNR will send you a map of the dual sport loop if you call them.

Nice bikes by the way. The banshee is very nice.
Back to top Go down
liftdt4r

liftdt4r

PostSubject: Re: Hey, new to WRs here.   Hey, new to WRs here. EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 9:35 pm

Hertz wrote:
I'm in PA as well, State College area. There is some really good riding here in the Bald Eagle state forest. Lot's of good single track and snowmobile trails. DCNR will send you a map of the dual sport loop if you call them.

Thanks!! I havent been out to Bald Eagle, but me and my buddies usually do make a yearly trip to Sproul, up near Lock Haven, I like the riding there, it's one of my favorite spots! I'll have to check out Bald Eagle, I'm definietly looking for places to ride especially now that I'm street legal. Is it pretty rough there or is it mostly fire type roads?
Back to top Go down
Hertz

Hertz

PostSubject: Re: Hey, new to WRs here.   Hey, new to WRs here. EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 9:48 pm

liftdt4r wrote:
Hertz wrote:

Thanks!! I havent been out to Bald Eagle, but me and my buddies usually do make a yearly trip to Sproul, up near Lock Haven, I like the riding there, it's one of my favorite spots! I'll have to check out Bald Eagle, I'm definietly looking for places to ride especially now that I'm street legal. Is it pretty rough there or is it mostly fire type roads?

You could ride fire roads all day if you wanted in Bald Eagle and Rothrock state forests. There is some amazing scenery and some interesting locations. The real riding is on the many many miles of single track and very fun sled trails. Gets rocky in some spots but hey, it's the Northeast.

I've never been to Sproul, I love the riding around here, the dual sport loop (open only to licensed motorcycles) is about 30 mi and only a portion of the trails in Bald Eagle.
Back to top Go down
Hertz

Hertz

PostSubject: Re: Hey, new to WRs here.   Hey, new to WRs here. EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 10:03 pm

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=479515

Post number 4 in that thread has maps of the Shade Mt. trail and 7 Mountains DS loop. The Shade Mt. is open to dirt bikes, 7 Mountains isn't. The resolution sucks though, 570-922-3344 is DCNR's number to call for print versions mailed to you for free. If you ever plan to make it here let me know.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Hey, new to WRs here.   Hey, new to WRs here. EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 8:32 pm

Little late but welcome to the pack! thumb

liftdt4r

PostSubject: Re: Hey, new to WRs here.   Hey, new to WRs here. EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 1:48 pm

Hertz wrote:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=479515

Post number 4 in that thread has maps of the Shade Mt. trail and 7 Mountains DS loop. The Shade Mt. is open to dirt bikes, 7 Mountains isn't. The resolution sucks though, 570-922-3344 is DCNR's number to call for print versions mailed to you for free. If you ever plan to make it here let me know.

Thanks, I'm gonna check that out, I have a couple buddies who might be interested in heading out there, I'll let you know.

SheWolf wrote:
Little late but welcome to the pack! thumb

Thanks!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hey, new to WRs here.   Hey, new to WRs here. Empty

Back to top Go down

Hey, new to WRs here.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum :: General :: New Members-