Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Homemade quickturn throttle for WR? Works with R1 and R6...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
deep blue

Homemade quickturn throttle for WR? Works with R1 and R6... Empty
PostSubject: Homemade quickturn throttle for WR? Works with R1 and R6...   Homemade quickturn throttle for WR? Works with R1 and R6... EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 11:04 pm

Hi, I was reading the post about the G2 quickturn throttle and remembered a mod I did back on my old 2000 R1. Not sure if it has been mentioned here or if it is even possible to do with a WR throttle assembly. Although looking at the pics some others have posted, it looks like it may work. It involved cutting a plastic shim to wrap around the stock throttle tube to reduce the amount of cable pull to go the WFO. Here is a link from a person who posted the whole thing step by step. I found this same idea from a fellow racer 10 years ago and was very happy with the results. I was a little worried about using glue to hold something in the throttle assembly but it never gave me any trouble through years of track days, drag strip runs and thousands of street miles. I found this to be a very common mod that lots of people on r1 and r6 forums have been doing with good results. Like I said...I'm not sure if this will work on a WR, but it looks very similar. I will try to perform this mod when I get some free time, and post the results. Opps...here is the link...
http://home.earthlink.net/~smith547/tutorial/tutorial2.html

Yeah, I know it's easier to just buy the G2 or Zeta unit, but at least the info is free :)

Thanks to 'Little Squirt' for his nice post and pics of his G2 tube install elsewhere in this category!
Back to top Go down
joenuclear

joenuclear

PostSubject: Re: Homemade quickturn throttle for WR? Works with R1 and R6...   Homemade quickturn throttle for WR? Works with R1 and R6... EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 9:47 am

Awesome.
Back to top Go down
Stubbz

Stubbz

PostSubject: Re: Homemade quickturn throttle for WR? Works with R1 and R6...   Homemade quickturn throttle for WR? Works with R1 and R6... EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 4:46 pm

i always did the opposite on my sportbikes for stunting. i used to shave down the area that the cables ride on to get more throw out of the cables, made them a lot smoother for wheelies and such instead of being really jerky when ya twist just a little.
Back to top Go down
Toddwr250r

Toddwr250r

PostSubject: Re: Homemade quickturn throttle for WR? Works with R1 and R6...   Homemade quickturn throttle for WR? Works with R1 and R6... EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 9:37 pm

has anyone here done this mod yet?
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Homemade quickturn throttle for WR? Works with R1 and R6...   Homemade quickturn throttle for WR? Works with R1 and R6... EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 10:10 pm

IIRC, MTB did that with his back when the bike first came out. thumb

A wolf's voice echoed down the mountain 'Share the bounty of the hunt with your brothers and sisters, and forever be strong and free.' Homemade quickturn throttle for WR? Works with R1 and R6... Wolf_b10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Homemade quickturn throttle for WR? Works with R1 and R6...   Homemade quickturn throttle for WR? Works with R1 and R6... Empty

Back to top Go down

Homemade quickturn throttle for WR? Works with R1 and R6...
Page 1 of 1