Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Somebody kicked over my bike on purpose!

Go down 
+12
GaryH
RimBenty
Chief_Lee_Visceral
cryptomundo
skierd
GusinCA
dtx
dustcloud
spadgitt
usgpru27
john92
OrionBlue
16 posters
AuthorMessage
OrionBlue

OrionBlue

Somebody kicked over my bike on purpose! Empty
PostSubject: Somebody kicked over my bike on purpose!   Somebody kicked over my bike on purpose! EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 10:44 pm

Hey everyone. I am new to this forum and unfortunately my first post has to be about this. Today I had to go to my university's basketball game and when I came out to my bike, I noticed somebody had knocked it over. I initially thought that somebody had hit it on accident but seeing as there's a special spot for motorcycles and I was the only bike there, I realized it was on purpose. There's even a footprint on my seat where they kicked it!! Not much happened to it but the rear fender broke. I don't know how but it looks like it hit the sub frame. Does anybody know where I can get one? I need a blue one. I've been looking around but can't seem to find one. I'd post a pic of my bike but it's dark right now and I don't have a light. Plus, if I go out and look at it again I'll just get more angry haha
Back to top Go down
john92

PostSubject: Re: Somebody kicked over my bike on purpose!   Somebody kicked over my bike on purpose! EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 11:23 pm

That's bullshit! Some people have no respect for other people's shit.
Back to top Go down
OrionBlue

OrionBlue

PostSubject: Re: Somebody kicked over my bike on purpose!   Somebody kicked over my bike on purpose! EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 11:43 pm

I know! It was probably some drunk sh*t head from the other team that did it on his way out. I know I'd still be angry if someone hit it on accident but I would get over it. After I saw that footprint on my seat, I lost it. I'm just glad nothing else happened. If my clutch lever would've broken I'd probably still be there.
Back to top Go down
usgpru27

PostSubject: Re: Somebody kicked over my bike on purpose!   Somebody kicked over my bike on purpose! EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 12:11 am

Mine got spit on at a back woods "harley" bar.. Just saying..
Back to top Go down
spadgitt

PostSubject: Re: Somebody kicked over my bike on purpose!   Somebody kicked over my bike on purpose! EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 8:50 am

Sorry to hear about the bike. There are some real assholes out there.......

Try looking on Thumper Talk (they sell O.E. new parts) for a new rear fender. You might be shocked at how inexpensive it might be. I know you can buy a new headlight shroud (in blue) for just $3.50. The white sticker that goes on it costs over $20! I don't understand that one...... I also don't understand why the same part in black cost over $12, but it is what it is.
Give it a shot and be careful where you park your WRR. Very happy

Scott P.
Back to top Go down
OrionBlue

OrionBlue

PostSubject: Re: Somebody kicked over my bike on purpose!   Somebody kicked over my bike on purpose! EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 9:22 am

Awesome. Yea I was looking at getting one from a local shop here for $32 without the emblem. I really appreciate the help. Yea it's kinda crazy how the stickers are more expensive but I guess it's because of the extra horsepower they provide haha
Back to top Go down
dustcloud

PostSubject: Re: Somebody kicked over my bike on purpose!   Somebody kicked over my bike on purpose! EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 9:50 am

I'd be seriously pissed!! I'd rather have someone kick my truck than my bike or my dog. Of course I pity the person who kicks my dog. He's 130 lb Rottie with a 29" neck.
Back to top Go down
OrionBlue

OrionBlue

PostSubject: Re: Somebody kicked over my bike on purpose!   Somebody kicked over my bike on purpose! EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 10:32 am

Daaamn! 130 lbs is one hell of a dog. What the hell do you feed him? 2 cats a day? hahaha no offense to cat owners.

But, Oh yea I was really pissed. Especially because this isn't the first time something like this has happened to me. In November of 2009 some drunk idiot crashed into my parked F-150 (which I have meticulously taken care of) and ended up underneath the rear axle! The damn tow truck nearly ripped out my axle and ended up shattering the fiberglass bedsides and breaking my rear bumper while getting the car out. So, it's safe to say when I walked out and saw my bike I lost it.
Back to top Go down
dtx

dtx

PostSubject: Re: Somebody kicked over my bike on purpose!   Somebody kicked over my bike on purpose! EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 11:30 am

Had that happen once years ago.Got real lucky as an EPO was walking by my bike at the time and got a plate number off the guys car.EPO calls a cop for me and they do the report for me before they find me inside the state house.
Guy tell my ins.co he didnt knock my bike over,they tell him they have a law officer with an eye witness report willing to go to court. Then mr.didnt do it says "only broke the mirror". Well if you did not do anything,how you break the mirror ? And by the way that bike was brand new with 230mi,the damage was 2800$
Friggin people,great cops!! sucks that most times they never get caught.
Back to top Go down
GusinCA

GusinCA

PostSubject: Re: Somebody kicked over my bike on purpose!   Somebody kicked over my bike on purpose! EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 1:17 pm

Dangit and i had a whole set of new blue plastics and i gave them to the dealer in achange for a discount on the black ones.

Didn't order no stickers, bike looks better without em.
Back to top Go down
skierd

PostSubject: Re: Somebody kicked over my bike on purpose!   Somebody kicked over my bike on purpose! EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 3:06 pm

Any of the online parts places should have stock plastics too, Service Honda and Yamaha Sports Plaza for example.

I hate people who do stuff like this, but at least the bike is very crashworthy so its only a rear fender.
Back to top Go down
OrionBlue

OrionBlue

PostSubject: Re: Somebody kicked over my bike on purpose!   Somebody kicked over my bike on purpose! EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 3:46 pm

Haha damn... I would've bought the whole set off of you. But I went ahead and compared prices at the local dealership and a couple of online locations and I ended up ordering one from the local shop. A friend of mine was able to use his discount and get me one with the emblem shipped to my place for $32. Not too bad. I just hope nothing like this ever happens again. It's infuriating.
Back to top Go down
dustcloud

PostSubject: Re: Somebody kicked over my bike on purpose!   Somebody kicked over my bike on purpose! EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 3:57 pm

Hopefully if it does you see who does it so smoe sort of restitution can be made! If you know what I mean! wink
Back to top Go down
cryptomundo

PostSubject: Re: Somebody kicked over my bike on purpose!   Somebody kicked over my bike on purpose! EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 5:25 pm

I wonder if security has camera's looking at the lot?
Back to top Go down
Chief_Lee_Visceral

PostSubject: Re: Somebody kicked over my bike on purpose!   Somebody kicked over my bike on purpose! EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 6:09 pm

Sorry about the aggravation but I got a story about this kind of thing too.

So I am in college in the early 80's in bayou country. Don't have much money of course so I get around on a Japanese Triumph knock-off (Yamaha 650 twin). One Saturday night I ride to a honky tonk in one of those old south towns built around a central town square because Joe Ely is playing. When date and I get there, there are a whole bunch of Harley's out front and I park my Jap/Brit bike right on the end of the line. My girl and I come out at after closing and all the Harley's are gone and so is El Vibrato. Well this town square also had a fountain in the middle and that is where I found the old 650. On it's stand luckily. I got my date to hold the forks while I lifted the back out. People were walking by saying, "leave it in there" and "call a cab". I remember thinking someone riding a bike built (then) by a bowling ball company shouldn't be so uppity :)
Back to top Go down
OrionBlue

OrionBlue

PostSubject: Re: Somebody kicked over my bike on purpose!   Somebody kicked over my bike on purpose! EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 6:59 pm

Yea if it does happen again and I see who does it, sh*t is gonna hit the fan.

And yea I asked about the camera's but they are pointed towards the professor parking lot and there are none facing the student parking lot.

Chief, I can believe your story. I don't know why but there are a lot of haters towards Japanese bikes and quite honestly it's beginning to annoy me a lot. Harley's aren't even made 100% in America. We're all on bikes because we have a passion for riding. That being said, whats important is that we all watch out for each other when we're on the street because when it comes down to it... We all hit the pavement the same way. Doesn't matter if your on a harley or a husky.

Screw those guys, they were probably just jealous because you were able to pick up a date with your "Japanese" bike hahaha I would've gotten my date to yell out "Oh baby your so strong! Look at those muscles, lets go home right now!!" while I'm lifting the bike out by myself! Very happy
Back to top Go down
RimBenty

RimBenty

PostSubject: Re: Somebody kicked over my bike on purpose!   Somebody kicked over my bike on purpose! EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 7:55 pm

It sucks that there are people are like that expecially other riders. Annoying Bikers
Back to top Go down
GaryH

GaryH

PostSubject: Re: Somebody kicked over my bike on purpose!   Somebody kicked over my bike on purpose! EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 8:13 pm

Welcome to the forum, but you need to go whup someones ass!
Back to top Go down
zone47

zone47

PostSubject: Re: Somebody kicked over my bike on purpose!   Somebody kicked over my bike on purpose! EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 8:54 pm

Some people are just jealous idiots .... it will come back on them eventually. Just move on and be sad that there are such losers out there with nothing better to do. cry
Back to top Go down
OrionBlue

OrionBlue

PostSubject: Re: Somebody kicked over my bike on purpose!   Somebody kicked over my bike on purpose! EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 9:49 pm

Yea it does suck that there are people like that. I'm sure if they had an accident they wouldn't be worried about what the next guy is riding.

Haha believe me, I am ready to fight whoever did this. I've gotten my skull fractured by a 230 lb dirt bike despite having a helmet on. I had an emergency cranitomy and I've got a titanium plate with 4 screws. I aint scared of anyone.

They will definitely get what's coming to them. Sooner or later.
Back to top Go down
mattnadz

mattnadz

PostSubject: Re: Somebody kicked over my bike on purpose!   Somebody kicked over my bike on purpose! EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 6:16 pm

RimBenty wrote:
It sucks that there are people are like that expecially other riders. Annoying Bikers

lol that's awesome. I can't stand Harley riders.
Back to top Go down
chouser

PostSubject: Re: Somebody kicked over my bike on purpose!   Somebody kicked over my bike on purpose! EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 1:03 pm

About ten years ago I brought an old Mustang back to really nice condition. I took it to Walmart one weekend and accidentally left the window down. When I came back out from the store, I saw that some dirtbag had thrown a cup of coffee through the open window on to my new upholstery. I wish that 130 pound Rottie would have been hiding in the back seat.
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Tellin' stories   Somebody kicked over my bike on purpose! EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 1:13 pm

Well, I guess it's safe to 'fess up after all these years.

Back in the late 70's, when I was a young single night clubbing pup, I was over in Victoria for the weekend checking out the nightclubs and the ladies. About 2:00 AM I was just walking up to my truck parked on one of the sidestreets when I saw a jerk walking about 50 yards in front of me reach over and bend my aerial over. For you younger sorts, back in those days vehicles had big long telescoping aerials mounted on the body panel - the aerials enclosed in the windshield and other internal schemes hadn't been invented yet. Vandalism to aerials was all too common.

Buddy kept walking and so did I. I did stop long enough to finish breaking my aerial off. And then when I caught up to him, I gave him a good hard roundhouse kick to the side of the knee and proceeded to whip his ass with that steel aerial until I figured he'd had enough. Left him and the aerial crumpled up on the street. Wasn't a very fair fight, but I'm not about fair, never was. I wouldn't be surprised if he still has some scars on his legs, ass, and back from that.

Felt good. But it was dumb - I happened to be a cop at the time, and if I'd been caught it probably would have cost me my job. Should have arrested him, but even back then I knew he'd get nothing in the way of a sentence. There was, however a certain satisfying sense of bot and wergilt to beating his ass with the very aerial he'd broken off my vehicle. Back to the basics of the Anglo-Saxon criminal justice system...
Back to top Go down
chouser

PostSubject: Re: Somebody kicked over my bike on purpose!   Somebody kicked over my bike on purpose! EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 11:53 pm

They should pin a medal on you!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Somebody kicked over my bike on purpose!   Somebody kicked over my bike on purpose! Empty

Back to top Go down

Somebody kicked over my bike on purpose!
Page 1 of 1