Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

WRR wheels - where to buy

Go down 
+10
deerHater
Ryan Nelson
Daamud
trav72
Tim Taylor
mrdoo2
Dancamp
ZED
dc4stroke
cryptomundo
14 posters
AuthorMessage
cryptomundo

WRR wheels - where to buy Empty
PostSubject: WRR wheels - where to buy   WRR wheels - where to buy EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 1:14 am

I would like an extra set of wheels and curious if wheeling cycle is the place to go, or are there others i should also check out?
Back to top Go down
dc4stroke

dc4stroke

PostSubject: Re: WRR wheels - where to buy   WRR wheels - where to buy EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 6:20 am

Well, Wheeling does have a good reputation for supporting these bikes. You may find a better price.....maybe. But I doubt you'll find better service, or a better knowledge base.
Back to top Go down
ZED

ZED

PostSubject: Re: WRR wheels - where to buy   WRR wheels - where to buy EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 11:43 am

To my knowledge no one else is building wheel kits for us. It's either Wheeling or build it yourself from parts.

I got my set of R wheels for my X and they seem good. Forrest was great to deal with by phone and by e-mail.
Back to top Go down
Dancamp

PostSubject: Re: WRR wheels - where to buy   WRR wheels - where to buy EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 1:23 pm

ZED wrote:
To my knowledge no one else is building wheel kits for us. It's either Wheeling or build it yourself from parts.

I got my set of R wheels for my X and they seem good. Forrest was great to deal with by phone and by e-mail.

I agree with you. Forrest gives a good service and the price is right.
Back to top Go down
mrdoo2

PostSubject: Re: WRR wheels - where to buy   WRR wheels - where to buy EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 4:23 pm

Hmmm im really thinking about buying a set of dirt wheels for my x. What else did you guys buy before you offroaded your x? Skid plates? New brakes?
Back to top Go down
Dancamp

PostSubject: Re: WRR wheels - where to buy   WRR wheels - where to buy EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 5:51 pm

The first thing I did was riding with the X tires in dry trails. It gave me an idea of the suspension and the way the engine managed the changes of speed and low starts.

After it's the usual. Hand guards, skid plate and radiator guard are important safety accessories for you and the bike.

The remaining stuff is a matter of preferences according to your riding style and where you ride.
Back to top Go down
ZED

ZED

PostSubject: Re: WRR wheels - where to buy   WRR wheels - where to buy EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 11:08 pm

New wheels and knobbies aren't the first thing to get for playing in the dirt. I had done quite a bit (a whole season including mountain lookouts, single track, and Moab) before getting the second set of wheels. For me the two most important things are beefy barkbusters (leaver gaurds) and a skid plate.

Now, that being said, I don't tend to look for mud. Slick tires aren't great on mud.
Back to top Go down
Tim Taylor

PostSubject: Re: WRR wheels - where to buy   WRR wheels - where to buy EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 1:48 pm

What is the cost of a set of dirt rims for an X? Where is the business located?
Back to top Go down
trav72

trav72

PostSubject: Re: WRR wheels - where to buy   WRR wheels - where to buy EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 3:40 pm

Tim Taylor wrote:
What is the cost of a set of dirt rims for an X? Where is the business located?

Wheeling Cycle Supply
Back to top Go down
Daamud

Daamud

PostSubject: Re: WRR wheels - where to buy   WRR wheels - where to buy EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 12:00 am

Called Warp 9 today......

In 2 weeks they should be ready for sale.

Complete bolt on (rotors/bearings/sprocket) . Custom design front hub that uses stock parts (bearings/rotors). Any color they offer. Just under $400 each.
Back to top Go down
Ryan Nelson

PostSubject: Re: WRR wheels - where to buy   WRR wheels - where to buy EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 3:22 pm

I cracked my front rim on an epic dirt/dualsport trip this past summer. I was going to replace the rim, but once you look at buying a rim, new stainless spokes, and then relacing it - a complete Warp 9 wheel is not too expensive and a whole lot less trouble (plus you end up with new bearings, etc).

I ordered a Warp 9 wheel from Motorcycle Superstore for $365 but it was the wrong wheel (for a CRF250). It bolted up but was the wrong bearing and spacer diameter. It was an error in Motorcycle Superstore's system and the part number they have coded for the WRR is incorrect.

I ordered a replacement front wheel directly from Warp 9 today - $359, free shipping, comes complete with rotor, and will ship Friday. He said it was one of the first that they've sold and they wanted some feedback. They dont sell it without the brake rotor, but a stock rotor will also bolt up. I wanted to buy without the rotor since I fairly recently put a new rotor on my bike due a bending one when a truck ran over my front wheel (long story). Daamud - thanks for the tip that Warp 9 may be making the correct wheel!

I'll post up after I get the wheel mounted and let ya know what I think.

Back to top Go down
deerHater

PostSubject: Re: WRR wheels - where to buy   WRR wheels - where to buy EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 4:30 pm

Daamud wrote:

Complete bolt on (rotors/bearings/sprocket) . Custom design front hub that uses stock parts (bearings/rotors). Any color they offer. Just under $400 each.
Are you going to buy a set from them?
So they are R dirt rims laced to X hubs, with X front rotor, rear rotor, and sprocket, all for $800/pair? thumb
I just looked on the webpage. They seem to offer supermoto rims for R bikes, but not yet the reverse. dddog
Back to top Go down
Daamud

Daamud

PostSubject: Re: WRR wheels - where to buy   WRR wheels - where to buy EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 11:30 pm

deerHater wrote:
Daamud wrote:

Are you going to buy a set from them?
So they are R dirt rims laced to X hubs, with X front rotor, rear rotor, and sprocket, all for $800/pair? thumb
I just looked on the webpage. They seem to offer supermoto rims for R bikes, but not yet the reverse. dddog

Probably buy a front, and re-lace the rear with an ''18 hoop for now. Then down the road buy another rear hub when the sumo bug bites. Money is tight right now.

They sad the front hubs were a different design that used stock parts.

They may not have up-dated the site. Try calling....1-801-699-7979
Back to top Go down
jaeger996

jaeger996

PostSubject: Re: WRR wheels - where to buy   WRR wheels - where to buy EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 8:55 pm

I am not sure if this helps but there is a guy by me selling a set for $450, front, rear tires rotors and a rear sprocket.
Back to top Go down
Daamud

Daamud

PostSubject: Re: WRR wheels - where to buy   WRR wheels - where to buy EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 9:51 pm

Called Warp 9 again today and ordered a 21'' wheel for my X.
The guy was great to deal with. Said it takes about 5 working days to to get to my door (WI). With the $5.00 shipping charge, it came to about $370 beavis

Going to try a 130/90/17 Kenda Trakmaster on the rear and see how that works.
Back to top Go down
Jdcooper

PostSubject: Re: WRR wheels - where to buy   WRR wheels - where to buy EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 7:21 am

Will the rims/axles/brake disks from a wr250F fit ?
Back to top Go down
Ryan Nelson

PostSubject: Re: WRR wheels - where to buy   WRR wheels - where to buy EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 1:34 pm

Just a followup post. My front Warp 9 wheel bolted right up and has performed flawlessly. Love it! The hub is truly gorgeous, but more importantly the wheel has worked well with no spokes loosening, etc. Good buy IMO.

Ryan Nelson wrote:
I cracked my front rim on an epic dirt/dualsport trip this past summer. I was going to replace the rim, but once you look at buying a rim, new stainless spokes, and then relacing it - a complete Warp 9 wheel is not too expensive and a whole lot less trouble (plus you end up with new bearings, etc).

I ordered a Warp 9 wheel from Motorcycle Superstore for $365 but it was the wrong wheel (for a CRF250). It bolted up but was the wrong bearing and spacer diameter. It was an error in Motorcycle Superstore's system and the part number they have coded for the WRR is incorrect.

I ordered a replacement front wheel directly from Warp 9 today - $359, free shipping, comes complete with rotor, and will ship Friday. He said it was one of the first that they've sold and they wanted some feedback. They dont sell it without the brake rotor, but a stock rotor will also bolt up. I wanted to buy without the rotor since I fairly recently put a new rotor on my bike due a bending one when a truck ran over my front wheel (long story). Daamud - thanks for the tip that Warp 9 may be making the correct wheel!

I'll post up after I get the wheel mounted and let ya know what I think.

Back to top Go down
Daamud

Daamud

PostSubject: Re: WRR wheels - where to buy   WRR wheels - where to buy EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 9:54 pm

Ryan Nelson wrote:
Just a followup post. My front Warp 9 wheel bolted right up and has performed flawlessly. Love it! The hub is truly gorgeous, but more importantly the wheel has worked well with no spokes loosening, etc. Good buy IMO.

[

+1.

I've only gotten 200 miles on mine this winter. But everything is A-OK! thumb
Back to top Go down
FG250WRR

FG250WRR

PostSubject: Re: WRR wheels - where to buy   WRR wheels - where to buy EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 7:22 am

Dancamp wrote:
ZED wrote:

I agree with you. Forrest gives a good service and the price is right.

Agree 100%
Back to top Go down
Captain Midnight

Captain Midnight

PostSubject: Re: WRR wheels - where to buy   WRR wheels - where to buy EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 5:52 pm

Jdcooper wrote:
Will the rims/axles/brake disks from a wr250F fit ?

Not directly. You need to make some spacers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WRR wheels - where to buy   WRR wheels - where to buy Empty

Back to top Go down

WRR wheels - where to buy
Page 1 of 1