Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Insulation for plastic gas tanks

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
blaisew

Insulation for plastic gas tanks Empty
PostSubject: Insulation for plastic gas tanks   Insulation for plastic gas tanks EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 12:59 pm

I just finished installing my new Safari tank, and I like it! I considered buying insulation for the bottom of the tank as is standard on the stock metal tank but didn't in the interests of time. The stock metal tank probably needs it, but plastic should not have the same heat transfer issues; but then the gas in the tank should pick up some of the heat and dissapate same. Anyone have any thoughts on whether the insulation would be a good idea or just a waste of time and money?
Back to top Go down
mordicai

Insulation for plastic gas tanks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insulation for plastic gas tanks   Insulation for plastic gas tanks EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 1:13 pm

I wasn't aware that the stock tank used to be metal. My 2010 is plastic. At least the top part is. I haven't looked at the bottom yet.
Back to top Go down

Insulation for plastic gas tanks
Page 1 of 1