Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

WR250R Acerbis Spider Evolution Disc guard mounting adapters

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
vwsandman

vwsandman

WR250R Acerbis Spider Evolution Disc guard mounting adapters Empty
PostSubject: WR250R Acerbis Spider Evolution Disc guard mounting adapters   WR250R Acerbis Spider Evolution Disc guard mounting adapters EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 10:21 pm

Posted this over at TT and did not get a whole lot of response, so here is the info for those of you looking to install a full coverage disc guard on the WR250R. This will not fit the X as the disc is too big. I am looking for how many people would be interested in the adapter we are making to allow you to bolt this right on with no mods to the bike. Here is the info:

As we all know there is not allot of options for front disc guards for the WR250R, I liked the way the Acerbis Spider Evolution front disc guard looked, but after some back and forth email with Acerbis, I confirmed that there was no disc guard made for the WR250R and that there were no plans to make any for this bike....bummer, same old story right? Wrong!

Here is what I did, I bought the adapter mount (Acerbis part#2043190059) that fits all modern YZF WRF 250/450 Yamaha dirt bikes, indeed this does not fit our bike as the front axle on a WR250R is a much smaller diameter than what must be used on those machines. The width is correct, but not the OD nor the ID. The Acerbis disc guard mounts to the bike by replacing the left side axle spacer using a machine specific adapter. Since the stock Acerbis mount has the bike specific part press fit in the center, I took it to work and talked it over with a CNC programmer/machinist friend. We both agreed that the center could be pressed out and a new WR250R specific part could then be turned and used instead. So figuring "what the heck" I went to the arbor press and sure enough out popped the center! Cool! I took the parts (stock WR250R left axle spacer, old Acerbis spacer and Acerbis disc mount) back to my friend and in about a weeks time, Viola! He had made the perfect adapter out of aluminum, just like the Acerbis part! Here are some pics of the parts and how it looks installed on the bike:

Here are the four parts, the stock WR250R axle spacer, the new part my friend made, and the Stock Acerbis axle spacer and disc guard mount:

WR250R Acerbis Spider Evolution Disc guard mounting adapters P1050687_(Medium)

Here they are from the side:

WR250R Acerbis Spider Evolution Disc guard mounting adapters P1050688_(Medium)

Here is the Acerbis guard with the new center part we made:

WR250R Acerbis Spider Evolution Disc guard mounting adapters P1050689_(Medium)

WR250R Acerbis Spider Evolution Disc guard mounting adapters P1050690_(Medium)

Here is the disc guard bolted to the center section:

WR250R Acerbis Spider Evolution Disc guard mounting adapters P1050691_(Medium)

WR250R Acerbis Spider Evolution Disc guard mounting adapters P1050692_(Medium)

Here is the complete unit on the wheel before the front axle is installed:

WR250R Acerbis Spider Evolution Disc guard mounting adapters P1050693_(Medium)

WR250R Acerbis Spider Evolution Disc guard mounting adapters P1050694_(Medium)

Here is the gap between the disc and the guard:

WR250R Acerbis Spider Evolution Disc guard mounting adapters P1050695_(Medium)

And some pic of the guard on the bike:

WR250R Acerbis Spider Evolution Disc guard mounting adapters P1050696_(Medium)

WR250R Acerbis Spider Evolution Disc guard mounting adapters P1050697_(Medium)

WR250R Acerbis Spider Evolution Disc guard mounting adapters P1050698_(Medium)

WR250R Acerbis Spider Evolution Disc guard mounting adapters P1050699_(Medium)

I am using the WR250X front fork guards as I feel that they are better than the R quards as they do not flex as much, they also allow me to make my wheel swap to my X wheels easier. You can shop around and buy this disc guard for around $28 for each piece or less, the outer unit is replacable in case of damage, you can choose your choice of colors for the outer disc guard.

Let me know if any of you have any interest in the adapter needed for this disc guard. If I can get a idea of how many we need to make we can start the ball rolling on this. thumb
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: WR250R Acerbis Spider Evolution Disc guard mounting adapters   WR250R Acerbis Spider Evolution Disc guard mounting adapters EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 11:04 pm

Did you ever get clarification from Firehawk if that WRF spacer fits? I recall some banter about it fitting or not.

A wolf's voice echoed down the mountain 'Share the bounty of the hunt with your brothers and sisters, and forever be strong and free.' WR250R Acerbis Spider Evolution Disc guard mounting adapters Wolf_b10
Back to top Go down
vwsandman

vwsandman

PostSubject: Re: WR250R Acerbis Spider Evolution Disc guard mounting adapters   WR250R Acerbis Spider Evolution Disc guard mounting adapters EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 11:13 pm

Oh, lets just say he screwed his seal up pretty bad....

Last edited by vwsandman on Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: WR250R Acerbis Spider Evolution Disc guard mounting adapters   WR250R Acerbis Spider Evolution Disc guard mounting adapters EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 11:32 pm

Oh shit...a bad case of...WR250R Acerbis Spider Evolution Disc guard mounting adapters Shitfan See, there is a reason why you have so much gas. thumb Suspect Somehow that just didn't sound right....

A wolf's voice echoed down the mountain 'Share the bounty of the hunt with your brothers and sisters, and forever be strong and free.' WR250R Acerbis Spider Evolution Disc guard mounting adapters Wolf_b10
Back to top Go down
vwsandman

vwsandman

PostSubject: Re: WR250R Acerbis Spider Evolution Disc guard mounting adapters   WR250R Acerbis Spider Evolution Disc guard mounting adapters EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 11:42 pm

SheWolf wrote:
See there is a reason why you have so much gas.

Very happy You must have talked to my wife!
Back to top Go down
0007onWR

0007onWR

PostSubject: Re: WR250R Acerbis Spider Evolution Disc guard mounting adapters   WR250R Acerbis Spider Evolution Disc guard mounting adapters EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 11:00 pm

VW, that look's good
That's my next part me think's
Where are you at?
Back to top Go down
vwsandman

vwsandman

PostSubject: Re: WR250R Acerbis Spider Evolution Disc guard mounting adapters   WR250R Acerbis Spider Evolution Disc guard mounting adapters EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 10:14 am

Located in Wisconsin USA....These are not ready for sale yet...but getting close. They "should be" around $15USD shipped in the USA, more for international. Couple more weeks and I should be ready to start shipping them. Think I need to start a web site or something....
Back to top Go down
0007onWR

0007onWR

PostSubject: Re: WR250R Acerbis Spider Evolution Disc guard mounting adapters   WR250R Acerbis Spider Evolution Disc guard mounting adapters EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 1:20 am

Holy!
15 bux U.S. is about a month's wages in canada (Kidding)
Is it possible to machine the stock spacer ir is it too small for the guard adaptor
Back to top Go down
vwsandman

vwsandman

PostSubject: Re: WR250R Acerbis Spider Evolution Disc guard mounting adapters   WR250R Acerbis Spider Evolution Disc guard mounting adapters EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 11:52 pm

Sandman Parts

0007onWR wrote:
Is it possible to machine the stock spacer ir is it too small for the guard adaptor

Sorry, no, just too many different diameters between everything, no way to make the Acerbis smaller as the ID is too big...

Here is some more info:
Check out my first attempt at a web page...let me know what you guys think, I (hopefully) will add the PayPal link as soon as these are ready to begin shipping. I want to make sure everything is in order before any one sends any money.

If any one knows of a better way to create and host a web site, please feel free to let me know...sorry I am a complete noobie at this sort of thing.

Thanks again for all the interest and patience. I hope to be able to start shipping these first week of May.

New link at top of this post, thanks!

Last edited by vwsandman on Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : update)
Back to top Go down
vwsandman

vwsandman

PostSubject: Re: WR250R Acerbis Spider Evolution Disc guard mounting adapters   WR250R Acerbis Spider Evolution Disc guard mounting adapters EmptyFri May 08, 2009 8:51 pm

These are now ready for sale! Check out the website posted above for details. I was able to keep costs down and will be able to ship these for $15USD. Not sure how you folks up north in Canada and other countries will deal with import taxes, but if any one has some good ideas for how I should ship these to lessen the cost to you guys, please let me know. Thanks again for the patience and interest. You will be happy with the spacer. I have 24 ready to go, and can have more made very easy.

Last edited by vwsandman on Fri May 08, 2009 8:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: WR250R Acerbis Spider Evolution Disc guard mounting adapters   WR250R Acerbis Spider Evolution Disc guard mounting adapters EmptyFri May 08, 2009 8:58 pm

Website looks and works great Ivan! thumb Love the pic with all those nice new shiny spacers all together. Very happy

Back to top Go down
vwsandman

vwsandman

PostSubject: Re: WR250R Acerbis Spider Evolution Disc guard mounting adapters   WR250R Acerbis Spider Evolution Disc guard mounting adapters EmptyFri May 08, 2009 9:00 pm

Thanks! The guy who machined them is a God! Real high quality work. I think everyone is going to be real happy with them for sure.
Back to top Go down
vwsandman

vwsandman

PostSubject: Detailed Instructions here:   WR250R Acerbis Spider Evolution Disc guard mounting adapters EmptySat May 09, 2009 7:44 pm

I posted up the instructions here:

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=755783&page=6
Back to top Go down
vwsandman

vwsandman

PostSubject: Re: WR250R Acerbis Spider Evolution Disc guard mounting adapters   WR250R Acerbis Spider Evolution Disc guard mounting adapters EmptyThu May 21, 2009 9:08 pm

Still got 20 for sale!
Back to top Go down
vwsandman

vwsandman

PostSubject: Re: WR250R Acerbis Spider Evolution Disc guard mounting adapters   WR250R Acerbis Spider Evolution Disc guard mounting adapters EmptyMon May 25, 2009 9:44 pm

No one else? scratch dunno
Back to top Go down
vwsandman

vwsandman

PostSubject: Re: WR250R Acerbis Spider Evolution Disc guard mounting adapters   WR250R Acerbis Spider Evolution Disc guard mounting adapters EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 7:48 pm

I have sold three of these to what I believe to be happy customers. No one else wants one? Let me know, Thanks!
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: WR250R Acerbis Spider Evolution Disc guard mounting adapters   WR250R Acerbis Spider Evolution Disc guard mounting adapters EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 6:39 pm

I WANT ONE ! I WANT ONE !

Went to the sight above at RR and couldn't nav to the VWSANDMAN location. * scratching head *

Get back to me when you get amoment please.

TYVM !

-Robert
Back to top Go down
vwsandman

vwsandman

PostSubject: New website is online.   WR250R Acerbis Spider Evolution Disc guard mounting adapters EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 8:19 pm

Sandman Parts
Sorry, should have updated the website. The new link is above. Please let me know if you have any other questions. Ready to ship! WR250R Acerbis Spider Evolution Disc guard mounting adapters 61865

Ivan Sandoval
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WR250R Acerbis Spider Evolution Disc guard mounting adapters   WR250R Acerbis Spider Evolution Disc guard mounting adapters Empty

Back to top Go down

WR250R Acerbis Spider Evolution Disc guard mounting adapters
Page 1 of 1