Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Installed new rack

Go down 
+5
Ushuaia Or Bust
lifejacket
mash100
little squirt
BuilderBob
9 posters
AuthorMessage
BuilderBob

BuilderBob

Installed new rack Empty
PostSubject: Installed new rack   Installed new rack EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 5:31 pm

I wanted to add a little more utility to my X to increase my opportunities to enjoy it. I don't like to wear a backpack to carry things, so I decided to add a rack. I chose the one on eBay by nomadic racks. Clean looking, not too big and no drilling through the fender. Bolts up to existing attachment points. I like the minimalist styling and think it actually enhances rather than detracts from the look of the bike.

Haven't tested it yet. I want to get a tail bag for it.

Installed new rack Rack%201

Installed new rack Rack%202
Back to top Go down
little squirt

little squirt

Installed new rack Empty
PostSubject: Re: Installed new rack   Installed new rack EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 6:51 pm

looks nice and clean! Im about ready to pull the trigger on the promoto billet rack......hmm it is payday friday today.. wink

let us know how well it holds up!
Back to top Go down
BuilderBob

BuilderBob

Installed new rack Empty
PostSubject: Re: Installed new rack   Installed new rack EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 7:13 pm

little squirt wrote:
let us know how well it holds up!

Will do.

Have you sold the PC-V and Autotune yet? Why did you decide not to put it on your bike?
Back to top Go down
little squirt

little squirt

Installed new rack Empty
PostSubject: Re: Installed new rack   Installed new rack EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 2:34 pm

yes its sold, i had it on the bike for a while, i need the PC3 for an up coming mod wink

now, lets that rack put to use!!
Back to top Go down
mash100

mash100

Installed new rack Empty
PostSubject: Re: Installed new rack   Installed new rack EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 4:46 pm

Looks good - I wonder if its available in UK? Or is shipping from US reasonably cost effective??? dunno
Back to top Go down
BuilderBob

BuilderBob

Installed new rack Empty
PostSubject: Re: Installed new rack   Installed new rack EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 9:49 am

mash100 wrote:
Looks good - I wonder if its available in UK? Or is shipping from US reasonably cost effective??? dunno
I have no idea. Why don't you contact them?

Link
Back to top Go down
lifejacket

lifejacket

Installed new rack Empty
PostSubject: Re: Installed new rack   Installed new rack EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 9:43 pm

Ohhh looks good! *Adding to my list*
Back to top Go down
Ushuaia Or Bust

Ushuaia Or Bust

Installed new rack Empty
PostSubject: Re: Installed new rack   Installed new rack EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 4:15 pm

I'm pretty sure the guy who makes this is here in San Diego. Saw a Craigslist ad the other day looking for R&D bikes in exchange for a free rack. Was going to do it but saw he already had one for the R2...
Back to top Go down
little squirt

little squirt

Installed new rack Empty
PostSubject: Re: Installed new rack   Installed new rack EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 2:42 am

got my promoto billet rack installed today! I love it so far

Installed new rack Defd1848

Back to top Go down
rmax

Installed new rack Empty
PostSubject: Re: Installed new rack   Installed new rack EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 1:45 pm

I chose the rack from Automotive Machine partly for the price and the fit. It's 89.95 if you mention the WR250R/X forum. They provide spacers but not bolts. I order 6 X 1 X 70mm bolts online.
http://www.automotivemachine.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=51&Itemid=56

Installed new rack 2011-03-26214156

Installed new rack 2011-03-26214511
Back to top Go down
trav72

trav72

Installed new rack Empty
PostSubject: Re: Installed new rack   Installed new rack EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 4:19 pm

So what do you think of that rack? I've been looking at it and now that I see it on an R I like it even more.
Back to top Go down
dc4stroke

dc4stroke

Installed new rack Empty
PostSubject: Re: Installed new rack   Installed new rack EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 4:20 pm

trav72 wrote:
So what do you think of that rack? I've been looking at it and now that I see it on an R I like it even more.

Which one?
Back to top Go down
trav72

trav72

Installed new rack Empty
PostSubject: Re: Installed new rack   Installed new rack EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 5:30 pm

dc4stroke wrote:
Which one?

oh sorry, the automotive machine rack. I would have already bought the promoto billet rack if it was $40 cheaper.
Back to top Go down
rmax

Installed new rack Empty
PostSubject: Re: Installed new rack   Installed new rack EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 10:11 am

trav72 wrote:

I like it. I did cut down the spacers a bit. I cut the rear spacers ½” and the front ¼” for a closer fit. The rack mounts securely. I use it to hold my Wolfman Peak tailbag.

Installed new rack 2011-04-06090703

Back to top Go down
BuilderBob

BuilderBob

Installed new rack Empty
PostSubject: Re: Installed new rack   Installed new rack EmptyThu May 05, 2011 7:09 pm

Going to the Dragon next week, so I finally adapted my RotoPax to fit. The extra gallon of gas will come in handy more than once is my guess. The rack seems to hold up well with the fuel and loaded Wolfman tail bag.

...and no, I'm not riding there. I'll trailer it up, spend a few days playing in the Smokies, and trailer it back.

The survival pack:

Installed new rack Loaded%20Rack

My tow rig:

Installed new rack Towing
Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

Installed new rack Empty
PostSubject: Re: Installed new rack   Installed new rack EmptyMon May 09, 2011 5:17 pm

rmax wrote:
trav72 wrote:

I like it. I did cut down the spacers a bit. I cut the rear spacers ½” and the front ¼” for a closer fit. The rack mounts securely. I use it to hold my Wolfman Peak tailbag.

Installed new rack 2011-04-06090703

The downside of cutting down the spacers is that if you fit the rack for Rotopax (simply drill a couple of holes in the rack) you can't get to bolts without taking the rack off. I left the spacers as is and can get the Rotopax holder on/off without too much fuss.
Back to top Go down
trav72

trav72

Installed new rack Empty
PostSubject: Re: Installed new rack   Installed new rack EmptyMon May 09, 2011 5:55 pm

I got a great deal on a pro moto billet rack and wolfman tail bag. If I would have had to buy the rack new I probably would have gone with the automotive machine rack. I think that's the best bang for the buck. Anyway, here's mine. (Don't mind the two tone. It's going to be all white soon.)

Installed new rack Rack_f10

Installed new rack Logan-10

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Installed new rack Empty
PostSubject: Re: Installed new rack   Installed new rack Empty

Back to top Go down

Installed new rack
Page 1 of 1