Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Dynojet V map clarification and Tables

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
usgpru27

Dynojet V map clarification and Tables Empty
PostSubject: Dynojet V map clarification and Tables   Dynojet V map clarification and Tables EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 8:37 pm

Hey everyone. Just plugged into my PC V for the first time. I just installed a Graves and opened the flap on the airbox along with a K&N filter. Will cut it all up in the spring. But for now I thought I would just load the Graves map. In the map description it says Graves full system with Stock air filter.. What do they mean by stock air filter. Some other maps have with K&N filter thers with the airbox door open. I have an auto tune also and from what I understand I can use that to hone in on a good map over time but need to start with a good base map.
My other question is when I enable the auto tune and send a map to the PC it asks if I want to send a table with it. I just click yes but do not see the table when I open that part of the file. AFR values are also blank. Should I be cutting and pasting that map into the AFR table..

I know these are basic questions but when searching I read a lot of chatter. Would anyone have a good link to the basics of working this unit? I didnt see anything on You tube either. Any help would be great..
Back to top Go down
Justlookin

PostSubject: Re: Dynojet V map clarification and Tables   Dynojet V map clarification and Tables EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 12:49 pm

I also have the PC5 and autotune installed for several months now. Funny but once it was setup I never look at it - just let it do its thing.
The Autotune is capable of adjusting the PC5 map up to 20% so I would not worry to much about what version of base map is installed.
I am using a little different stategy with mine and it works very well. I want power and throttle response off road and since the WRR is so
range limited I want milage on road so I installed a toggle switch in the PC5 and put the stock map in the PC5 and set the Autotune at Approx
14.25:1 AFR. Rode the bike for a few days and connected laptop clicked Get Table ,and Accept Trims , this modifies the PC5 base map and you
will see these changes as percentages of change - anyway after you do this a few times you will see very minimal changes being made by the
autotune and can consider that to be a map for good milage for your bike. After I was happy with the base map I "Accepted Trims" for the final
time and then changed the AFR in the autotune for power - I think I am using 13:1 AFR now but I have tried everything from 12.6 - 13.5. All this
was done with the toggle switch on , now when I turn off the toggle it will run a pretty good milage map and I can feel the difference.

Looking at your question, do you see the AFR changing on the laptop with engine running? If not then be sure the CAN plug is installed in
autotune - my unit did not have it installed - it is a small black plug in one of the plastic bags. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
usgpru27

PostSubject: Re: Dynojet V map clarification and Tables   Dynojet V map clarification and Tables EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 10:50 pm

Thanks for the great response.. I did NOT have the Can plug in. I put one of the spare rubber ones in the spare port from the PCV. Did not fire it up but will check that asap.

I like your approach a lot. I would like to do the same thing with my X. I was thinking the same thing. My one question I had was does the bike actually "run" on the auto tune map while it is learning and adjusting? It was my understanding that it was just running off the base map and making the trim changes that you accept as you noted?. What your saying is no? That would be great.. My goal with this unit was to just let it run like in a car. Create that base map and just let it make the little changes needed. I would be happy with just having the 2 maps also. Like you the fixed just travel map is good for just traveling around.... and then the setting the AFR tables low as you did and just letting it run when I turn the auto tune on... I could also have 2 good base maps.. one for cool weather in the spring and fall and one for the summer. This is going to be fun..

In closing is it also safe to say that with the auto tune the supplied map files from dyno jet (the graves in my case) are a good start to just build from that will save time to get the good one? I assume that they put in good AFR targets? How far did they go for performance or common usage?

Thanks for the great info..
Back to top Go down
BuilderBob

BuilderBob

PostSubject: Re: Dynojet V map clarification and Tables   Dynojet V map clarification and Tables EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 12:58 pm

I was confused about this as well, so I called Dynojet.

The tech I spoke with confirmed that the autotune module builds its table based on the data collected from the various parameters that it monitors, but it DOES NOT automatically adjust the map.

As has already been stated, you must download the autotune table into your laptop and manually accept the trims. The trims are then incorperated into the map on your computer and then the modified map must be uploaded to your PC-V. So, there's 3 steps:

1. Download trim table
2. Accept trims
3 Upload modified map.

The instructions that come with the PC-V and autotune are not very clear about this.

Last edited by BuilderBob on Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
usgpru27

PostSubject: Re: Dynojet V map clarification and Tables   Dynojet V map clarification and Tables EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 6:42 pm

Great clarification... So it sounds like its best to just build a few maps from the base map that you start with.. Once a really good all around one is made you can safe it as a file and use it as your primary.. If I wanted to track the bike I would start with that map and run the auto tune throughout the day to build a "track day" map. Do it over and over and it just will keep getting better. Want to run 108 octane unleaded.. just build a map.. etc. You then just put one in as you like... Sound correct?

And just so I totally understand.. the auto tune will change the trims say 13.2 to 13.9 if that is what the motor wants correct? This is still where I am lost. I understand that it adjusts the fuel delivery based on the base map you are using... and it shows that as a percentage +/- from the base trims.. but does it also build the trims? I assume yes because as you work on your map over and over accepting the new trims the percentage (that starts at 20%) goes narrower and narrower.. This can only happen as I see it if the trim targets get closer and closer to what the ideal ratio is... Am I getting this because it make sense to me.. It is nice to not have to read jet #'s that is for sure.

When will be able to load a map from our i-Phone?? That would be great..
Back to top Go down
BuilderBob

BuilderBob

PostSubject: Re: Dynojet V map clarification and Tables   Dynojet V map clarification and Tables EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 8:49 pm

usgpru27 wrote:
Great clarification... So it sounds like its best to just build a few maps from the base map that you start with.. Once a really good all around one is made you can safe it as a file and use it as your primary.. If I wanted to track the bike I would start with that map and run the auto tune throughout the day to build a "track day" map. Do it over and over and it just will keep getting better. Want to run 108 octane unleaded.. just build a map.. etc. You then just put one in as you like... Sound correct?

And just so I totally understand.. the auto tune will change the trims say 13.2 to 13.9 if that is what the motor wants correct? This is still where I am lost. I understand that it adjusts the fuel delivery based on the base map you are using... and it shows that as a percentage +/- from the base trims.. but does it also build the trims? I assume yes because as you work on your map over and over accepting the new trims the percentage (that starts at 20%) goes narrower and narrower.. This can only happen as I see it if the trim targets get closer and closer to what the ideal ratio is... Am I getting this because it make sense to me.. It is nice to not have to read jet #'s that is for sure.

When will be able to load a map from our i-Phone?? That would be great..

To your first question, the answer is yes. You can build differnt maps for different scenarois, such as the race fuel you mentioned.

On your second question, my understanding (correct or not) is that the autotune will adjust the trim table a maximum of 20% above or below the current map. So, if you download the trims, accept them and upload the new map, autotune can again adjust 20% +/- compared to the new map.

+1000 on an iPhone or iPad app (I have both). That would be awesome.
Back to top Go down
usgpru27

PostSubject: Re: Dynojet V map clarification and Tables   Dynojet V map clarification and Tables EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 9:17 pm

Off and running. Going to get more parts on this weekend and wait till its a little warmer but this gets me started for sure. What map did you start with? Did you use the Graves?
Back to top Go down
BuilderBob

BuilderBob

PostSubject: Re: Dynojet V map clarification and Tables   Dynojet V map clarification and Tables EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 6:04 am

usgpru27 wrote:
Off and running. Going to get more parts on this weekend and wait till its a little warmer but this gets me started for sure. What map did you start with? Did you use the Graves?
Yes. The PC-V I bought came pre-loaded with the Graves map. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
usgpru27

PostSubject: Re: Dynojet V map clarification and Tables   Dynojet V map clarification and Tables EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 6:10 pm

Thank you very much!! On my way..
Back to top Go down
RT3856

RT3856

PostSubject: Re: Dynojet V map clarification and Tables   Dynojet V map clarification and Tables EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 11:36 pm

Just got PC 5 for my 08
Runs good Dynojet V map clarification and Tables 379944
But of course I must play with it. just not sure how.
Any suggestions or tips?
Back to top Go down
BuilderBob

BuilderBob

PostSubject: Re: Dynojet V map clarification and Tables   Dynojet V map clarification and Tables EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 5:19 am

RT3856 wrote:
Just got PC 5 for my 08
Runs good Dynojet V map clarification and Tables 379944
But of course I must play with it. just not sure how.
Any suggestions or tips?
Load the map that most closely resembles the mods you have done to your bike and ride. A trip to the dyno will dial it in further.

Or....

...get an Autotune and skip the dyno.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dynojet V map clarification and Tables   Dynojet V map clarification and Tables Empty

Back to top Go down

Dynojet V map clarification and Tables
Page 1 of 1