Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

AK WRR

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
JustinConsistent

AK WRR Empty
PostSubject: AK WRR   AK WRR EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 5:58 pm

Hi everyone,
I picked up my fresh out of the crate '09 WRR on February 26th, with an extra set of Pirelli MT21's to go on it when the ice melts. The salesman was plenty amused at rolling a brand new bike out the door in February (his first bike sale of the year), and even more surprised when he found out I wasn't joking when I said I was going to ride it home. Very happy What a sweet ride!

So far all I've done to it is the Flatlands Racing skidplate, a set of Barkbusters, studded the stock rubber, and clocked 50 miles. No more riding until I get that oil changed since I'm going with the moto-man break in. I already have my '09 KLR for a long distance water buffalo, so I doubt I'll do much more to this little gem except ride like a fiend. In the little bit of riding I've done it's very clear that I found the bike that easily surpasses my riding ability offroad, yet remains legal to run around town. I don't think that KLR is going to be seeing much road time unless there's some serious mileage involved.

Speaking of miles. . . I already have my first DS trip planned for the WRR. Memorial Day weekend I'll be riding it 222 miles south to Homer. From there it goes on the ferry with me to Kodiak for three nights of camping in the spring rain and the Kodiak Crab Festival. I've never been to Kodiak but I've heard there are trails all over the island that should be great for my new toy. It'll be interesting to see how the gear works out since I won't be putting any kind of rack on it. I'll let y'all know how it works out. No folding chairs on this trip but I don't plan on spending much time sitting.

I've been reading the massive WRR thread on ADV, but am only up to page 208. . . so there's plenty more catching up to go before you'll see me posting there. And wow, what a wealth of knowledge! It's nice seeing so many of the major contributors names popping up all over this forum. I can't wait to dig deeper and see how the ultimate WRR knowledge base has evolved. Tons of great info from many of you is constantly swirling around my noodle.

Well, I'd post a pic but my garage is embarrassingly dirty. Shog I'll be sure to grab a good one the first time something interesting happens. Or maybe I should go make something interesting happen. wink

Thank you for all the informative and accurate write-ups. Every post I've read. . . except for that annoying CS sprocket guy. . . is greatly appreciated. It went a long way towards my making confident and educated purchase that I can't stop thinking about.

Ride on!
Justin

(BTW: My chain did skip, but it was my fault for leaving it too loose after putting the freshly studded tires on. Also, if you're going to stud tires for the WRR don't waste your time with the stock crap. I should have studded the MT21's, but I wanted to RIDE)
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

AK WRR Empty
PostSubject: Re: AK WRR   AK WRR EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 8:39 pm

Welcome to the pack, Justin! Nice intro...feel free to jump in wherever you feel you want to. thumb lurk

AK WRR
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum :: General :: New Members-
Jump to: