Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

new to the fourm intrested in the 250

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
tykrenik

new to the fourm intrested in the 250 Empty
PostSubject: new to the fourm intrested in the 250   new to the fourm intrested in the 250 EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 9:48 pm

Peace YAM so im only 17 and gass price is going up this summer and want a new bike. the reason i want wr250r is my xj mpg wont cut it for the summer. and i want a new dirt bike never had one. just an old 125 and what ever two stroke 250and wr450 i could get to ride that were my uncles. ive never rode a 250. so when you nail the throttle will it pull like the 450, im just wanting it to pop up in a wheelie with just the power. and would it scoot around town with me and my gf on i only weigh 170. and i was thinking of just getting an extra set of rims and taken off the blinkers then taken it to the dunes then ridding it to work on Mondays. ive herd good things and id like to hear what you guys haft to say. i think it do what i want.

thanks tyler
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: new to the fourm intrested in the 250   new to the fourm intrested in the 250 EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 10:07 pm

Hey Ty, welcome to the insanity! Very happy This thing won't pull like a 450, no, but it'll certainly give you a grin when you can whip thru the trails like you're on a downhill mountain bike! You'll be able to 2 up on it, just don't expect to go 100 mph on it like that. wink As for power wheelies, it can do it if you gear it down. Stock it struggles...it's pretty long legged. I guess if you sat way back on the seat and whacked the throttle...careful with the loopies tho. eeek

PostSubject: Re: new to the fourm intrested in the 250   new to the fourm intrested in the 250 EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 10:13 pm

thanks man. yeah. id like to do a full fmf with the chip. will it auto adjust to the air or do u haft to do it with the chip
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: new to the fourm intrested in the 250   new to the fourm intrested in the 250 EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 10:43 pm

There is a CO mode in the diagnostics panel, but to get any finer tuning you'll need the programmer. I've got one and the Q4 on mine, and it woke the bike up. Stock exhaust it's badly plugged, so it does need to be opened up. wink

PostSubject: Re: new to the fourm intrested in the 250   new to the fourm intrested in the 250 EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 2:40 pm

im one who believes that you cant run stock exhaust because there to quite. so if you have the chip will it auto adjust the air fuel like your at the mountain then you go to the coast
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: new to the fourm intrested in the 250   new to the fourm intrested in the 250 EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 3:27 pm

No, you have to set it in the tuner but it's real easy. thumb The nice thing about the tuner is you can screw with it on the fly.

combo

PostSubject: Re: new to the fourm intrested in the 250   new to the fourm intrested in the 250 EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 6:21 pm

[quote="tykrenik"]im one who believes that you cant run stock exhaust because there to quite. so if you have the chip will it auto adjust the air fuel like your at the mountain then you go to the coast [/quote

Get a pipe with an 02 sensor and it will auto adjust
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: new to the fourm intrested in the 250   new to the fourm intrested in the 250 EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 6:37 pm

NA you can't buy them with a sensor in it as far as I know, guys have added them in after the fact.

combo

PostSubject: Re: new to the fourm intrested in the 250   new to the fourm intrested in the 250 EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 7:31 pm

Mass, Leo Vince and Staintune exhausts all have 02 sensors, best way to go for fuel economy but probably not for performance
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: new to the fourm intrested in the 250   new to the fourm intrested in the 250 Empty

Back to top Go down

new to the fourm intrested in the 250
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum :: General :: New Members-
Jump to: