Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Lets try a video of my mods.

Go down 
+2
Chief_Lee_Visceral
dc4stroke
6 posters
AuthorMessage
dc4stroke

dc4stroke

Lets try a video of my mods. Empty
PostSubject: Lets try a video of my mods.   Lets try a video of my mods. EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 11:21 pm

Well let's try sharing some video.

Just spent the day adding the rest of the parts I ordered lately (pipe,programmer, disc/caliper guards).
I'll be putting it on the Dyno tomorrow to see if I need to make any map changes. But it runs good. And I'm real happy overall withe the motor mods.
Back to top Go down
Chief_Lee_Visceral

PostSubject: Re: Lets try a video of my mods.   Lets try a video of my mods. EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 3:11 am

Cool. That is the first I have seen of that muffler and quite a different sound than the FMF. I am looking to tone down my Q4 some too. Meters tell me it is not legal for AMA events. Which front disc guard is that? I still need one if Ivan can not get me the adapter for the Acerbis before the long.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Lets try a video of my mods.   Lets try a video of my mods. EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 7:49 am

Please post dyno results.

Nice looking R. thumb

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
cryptomundo

PostSubject: Re: Lets try a video of my mods.   Lets try a video of my mods. EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 8:03 am

nice video DC!

did they say you will need a different rear tire for the dyno test?
Back to top Go down
dc4stroke

dc4stroke

PostSubject: Re: Lets try a video of my mods.   Lets try a video of my mods. EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 9:37 am

The disc guard is a Yamaha. The guys didn't mention a new tire. I'll post the results. The muffler was the cheapest on eBay. Looks to be well made. The biggest problem I had putting it on was the mounting hole was too small for the bolt on the upper mount.
Over all it seems to run great with the factory settings on the controller. I had time to ride it over to the powerline for a few minutes and it is a totally different beast now. Grabbed some wheelie in a turn and sorta caught me off guard. It'll launch the front end without trying first or second gear.Maybe next weekend when I go to NW AR. I can get some time to get my daughter to do some action shots.
I didn't have time to mount the new rear sprocket or do the speedo recalibrate. Maybe later this weekend. Thou I'm not sure I need the regearing now.
Back to top Go down
Midnite171

Midnite171

PostSubject: Re: Lets try a video of my mods.   Lets try a video of my mods. EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 10:37 am

NICE!!! I got a few of your same mods. I'd like to get the blue disc guards but I was a little surprised how pricey they were. Wondering if they are solid and worth the $$$.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Lets try a video of my mods.   Lets try a video of my mods. EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 10:44 am

I've got them on mine. They are pretty tough, taken some good whacks but saved what it covered. thumb

dc4stroke

PostSubject: Re: Lets try a video of my mods.   Lets try a video of my mods. EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 12:00 am

Well crap. I get over to the shop Saturday. The guy who runs the Dyno has never had a WR on the thing. I tear the plastics off so he can get to the wire into the coil. And he says we should be good to go. But he's not feeling all that well and to let him think about it before we go to the trouble of strapping the thing in. I wait 2 hrs and he decides we need to do it at a later date.......errrrrrrrr.

So for now we'll stick to the map that came on the programmer. I't runs fine actually. So I don't have any real issues doing that. I just wanted to get some hard data before I started messing with the map. All in good time. I still need to do the speedo recalibrate. But it's too nice not to be riding and not fiddleing. I did pick up some new billet signals for the rear. Since I've never been all that impressed with the DRCs. They are dual LEDs so I can run brake or running lights along with the turn signals. Or wire all the LEDs for turn signals. So what do ya think I should do? They are red LEDs. which are legal anyway I wire them on the rear here in the colonies.
Back to top Go down
cryptomundo

PostSubject: Re: Lets try a video of my mods.   Lets try a video of my mods. EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 12:09 am

hey DC, Im planning to have a dyno run on my bike in the next few months .. I had called the guy earlier this year asking about it and he mentioned to me the Dunlop 606 rear tire would probably not work for the dyno test .. thats why I had asked you before if you were going to run a different rear tire .. I would be interested in whether your rear tire works ok
Back to top Go down
dc4stroke

dc4stroke

PostSubject: Re: Lets try a video of my mods.   Lets try a video of my mods. EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 1:18 am

I'll let ya know about the tire.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lets try a video of my mods.   Lets try a video of my mods. Empty

Back to top Go down

Lets try a video of my mods.
Page 1 of 1