Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Seat strap removal

Go down 
+3
Midnite171
Chief_Lee_Visceral
AaronWhitt82
7 posters
AuthorMessage
AaronWhitt82

Seat strap removal Empty
PostSubject: Seat strap removal   Seat strap removal EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 2:46 am

Might sound like a dumb question, but I want to remove the seat strap.
How does this thing come off? It looks like I will have to cut it, but just wanted to check first.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Chief_Lee_Visceral

Seat strap removal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat strap removal   Seat strap removal EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 3:02 am

nope. there are bolts underneath the foam seal
Back to top Go down
AaronWhitt82

Seat strap removal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat strap removal   Seat strap removal EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 4:11 am

Ahh ok I thought I might have saw some bolts, but wasn't sure.
Glad I didn't cut it off.
Thanks for the info !!!!
Back to top Go down
Midnite171

Midnite171

Seat strap removal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat strap removal   Seat strap removal EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 10:42 am

I was going to remove the strap too but a while back I got stuck in some serious mud and had to tip the bike on it's side and pull and pull on that strap to help me get it out. So I'm keeping it!

Here's the bud;

Seat strap removal 26517_1312924256317_1026987321_30767723_3822311_n
Back to top Go down
AaronWhitt82

Seat strap removal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat strap removal   Seat strap removal EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 3:10 pm

HAHA wow you sure buried her good !!!!!
I don't think I'm gonna be taking the bike through anything like that.
I never thought of using the strap to lift the bike. I think I just might keep it on for now.
Back to top Go down
Chief_Lee_Visceral

Seat strap removal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat strap removal   Seat strap removal EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 3:47 pm

OH yeah that is what it is for. I even replaced mine with an aftermarket one from Moose after upgrading the seat in the seat concepts deal. I have one on the front forks tool. What does that say about my riding abilities wink
Back to top Go down
Midnite171

Midnite171

Seat strap removal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat strap removal   Seat strap removal EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 5:50 pm

Yeah it was heartbreaking. Thought it was just a puddle. Well, I pulled and pushed and did everything I could to get it out. I was up in mud and water way over my knees so that made it extra tough. And like I said, I had to push the bike over on it's side in order to pull it out. Inch by inch!
Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

Seat strap removal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat strap removal   Seat strap removal EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 8:53 pm

Leave the strap on -you'll need it someday.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Seat strap removal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat strap removal   Seat strap removal EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 10:10 pm

Must...resist...the urge... BOOM

Seat strap removal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat strap removal   Seat strap removal EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 2:26 am

Do I need to install a new one ?

I installed the seat from Seat Concept and the old strap didn't fit anymore. dddog
Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

Seat strap removal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat strap removal   Seat strap removal EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 3:58 am

SheWolf wrote:
Must...resist...the urge... BOOM

LOL. Very good. Took me a minute.
Back to top Go down
Midnite171

Midnite171

Seat strap removal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat strap removal   Seat strap removal EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 9:19 am

I don't get it Shewolf. Please clue me in.
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

Seat strap removal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat strap removal   Seat strap removal EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 9:29 am

Google "strap on" and see what you get. ;)
Back to top Go down
Midnite171

Midnite171

Seat strap removal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat strap removal   Seat strap removal EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 9:56 am

YZEtc wrote:
Google "strap on" and see what you get. ;)

HAHAHAHA!!!! Can't believe I didn't get it! (Glad I didn't "get it") Funny!!! And I guess I added to the funniness by saying that I had to pull it out, inch by inch!!! LOL
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Seat strap removal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat strap removal   Seat strap removal EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 10:37 am

Very happy Funny how that works, doesn't it?

Seat strap removal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat strap removal   Seat strap removal Empty

Back to top Go down

Seat strap removal
Page 1 of 1