Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Reduced MPG

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mordicai

Reduced MPG Empty
PostSubject: Reduced MPG   Reduced MPG EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 7:34 pm

Put a 45 tooth on the back and now I'm only getting about 51mpg( half interstate-half 2 lane). Does this sound normal to those of you running a similar setup?
Back to top Go down
mattf

Reduced MPG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reduced MPG   Reduced MPG EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 10:06 pm

I haven't had my bike out yet with my new 45 tooth but yes, your gas mileage will be lower than before if you are still traveling the same speeds as before since your engine will be at a higher RPM to run those same speeds.
Back to top Go down
mordicai

Reduced MPG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reduced MPG   Reduced MPG EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 10:43 pm

mattf wrote:
I haven't had my bike out yet with my new 45 tooth but yes, your gas mileage will be lower than before if you are still traveling the same speeds as before since your engine will be at a higher RPM to run those same speeds.
Ahh, Ya Mattf. I know all that. I was interested in what others were getting since I thought I would still be getting more. Let we know what you get if you are running a 13x45.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Reduced MPG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reduced MPG   Reduced MPG EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 10:47 pm

Well...my 12/43 is as close to that gearing as the 13/45. I'm getting around 73 on the highway, but I have a hard time doing the speed limit. Very happy

little squirt

Reduced MPG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reduced MPG   Reduced MPG EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 10:49 pm

Sounds about right, i put a 40t on and now im getting 90mpg. poser2

i know it will drop some, is the bike all stock other than the gearing?
Back to top Go down
mordicai

Reduced MPG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reduced MPG   Reduced MPG EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 10:53 pm

Yah, everything is stock as far as the engine is concerned. She Wolf say;s she is getting 73 ??? Come on Wolf.....What you doing driving 25 in 5th?
Back to top Go down
mattf

Reduced MPG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reduced MPG   Reduced MPG EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 11:36 pm

gotcha. I will be running 12x45 so it won't be the same. I was running 12x42 previously and the best I ever got ws 66.6, probably usually in low 50's though the way I ride, I don't do the math too often. I should have my shock back on Wednesday so hopefully I can finally get to riding now that it is above freezing here so I'll see what I get with the 12x45 combo. I'm expecting high 40's most of the time but we'll see.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Reduced MPG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reduced MPG   Reduced MPG Empty

Back to top Go down

Reduced MPG
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum :: General :: WR250X Specific-
Jump to: