Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

I messed up!

Go down 
+5
dc4stroke
Dancamp
Midnite171
trav72
Shoootr
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Shoootr

Shoootr

I messed up! Empty
PostSubject: I messed up!   I messed up! EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 8:24 am

I bought an R2 when I could have got this sweet ride for much less. baldy

http://www.saferwholesale.com/200cc-Enduro-Dirt-Bike-Street-Legal-p/db_200c.htm

Back to top Go down
trav72

trav72

I messed up! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I messed up!   I messed up! EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 8:30 am

Shoootr wrote:
I bought an R2 when I could have got this sweet ride for much less. baldy

http://www.saferwholesale.com/200cc-Enduro-Dirt-Bike-Street-Legal-p/db_200c.htm

What a POS!
Back to top Go down
Midnite171

Midnite171

I messed up! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I messed up!   I messed up! EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 8:30 am

You are joking, right?
Back to top Go down
Dancamp

I messed up! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I messed up!   I messed up! EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 9:40 am

They write rear hydraulic brake and we can see on the picture that it is a mechanical drum brake.

A Honda clone engine, wow.
Back to top Go down
dc4stroke

dc4stroke

I messed up! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I messed up!   I messed up! EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 10:11 am

Sell the Yammie to someone who deserves it and go get it.
Holler back in a month and let us know how it compares.

Never mind........don't holler back.....We know the answer.
Back to top Go down
zone47

zone47

I messed up! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I messed up!   I messed up! EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 11:02 am

topes reported topes
Back to top Go down
Midnite171

Midnite171

I messed up! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I messed up!   I messed up! EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 11:24 am

Well, you COULD buy 5 of those for the price of 1 WR. Oh what fun that could be destroying 5 of those! beater
Back to top Go down
Hertz

Hertz

I messed up! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I messed up!   I messed up! EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 11:31 am

Sounds like a joke to me folks.

Midnite you bring up a good point. Destroying 5 of those would be pretty fun. Maybe I should sell my WR, dunno

But seriously, that bike is just........ puke
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

I messed up! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I messed up!   I messed up! EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 12:47 pm

Made in China. Yep...give it a few months of REAL riding and we'll find it in pieces at some shop more than willing to take the money knowing it can't be fixed. Rolling Eyes

Admin
Jäger

I messed up! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I messed up!   I messed up! EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 1:18 pm

The only thing is... over in ADV you regularly read about some guy ending up in Thailand or wherever, buying one of those Chinese bikes, and then promptly riding it across the continent.

For the mechanically minded, the low price might be a fair trade for a low cost entry motorcycle. Especially for a young kid who will thrash it long before it ever wears out. If you can actually get parts? Even better.

Not that I for one moment am interested in that bike instead of my WRR. However... with fuel prices being what they are right now, if I didn't have my bike I'd certainly consider buying one of those things, running the Dodge diesel 4x4 when necessary, ride the bike all summer, then sell it in the fall or the next spring. If you got even $600, you'd not only have saved lots on fuel, but had more fun running around on a bike instead of driving the truck.

Of course, for half you guys that would be a fail - because you wouldn't be able to stop yourself from taking it out in the boonies and thrashing around in the dirt...

Gas prices keep going up, scooters and inexpensive Chinese bikes are going to get increasingly popular, I think. When you can buy a new one that cheaply, and they're giving great fuel mileage, people are going to bite.
Back to top Go down
trav72

trav72

I messed up! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I messed up!   I messed up! EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 2:55 pm

Hey Jager, can we just get the cliff note version of your replies from now on? Very happy
Back to top Go down
Dancamp

I messed up! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I messed up!   I messed up! EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 3:14 pm

Buying one of these locally on a trop abroad makes sense. It can last a few weeks and after you sell it cheap.

Just sending a bike oversea and back is more than 1 thousand. And thats aside from the papers to havethe right to ride it other countries.
Back to top Go down
Shoootr

Shoootr

I messed up! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I messed up!   I messed up! EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 7:40 am

ummm, yeah I was joking! I would seriously be afraid to take one in the dirt, look how frail looking those skinny little forks are. What happens when you land and the bike folds up under you?
They should not call it an enduro bike, perhaps an "enduro styled moped". Now that "Ninja" copy looks hot, thats what I want! It will do 60mph! (downhill, drafting behind a semi truck)
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

I messed up! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I messed up!   I messed up! EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 1:06 pm

trav72 wrote:
Hey Jager, can we just get the cliff note version of your replies from now on? Very happy
I can't help it if some of you haven't developed opposable thumbs and a frontal cortex! poser2
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

I messed up! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I messed up!   I messed up! EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 1:11 pm

Shoootr wrote:
ummm, yeah I was joking! I would seriously be afraid to take one in the dirt, look how frail looking those skinny little forks are. What happens when you land and the bike folds up under you?
They certainly wouldn't be on my short list of bikes. And I don't think it would be hard to destroy one. But go search around on ADV and look at some of the trips guys are doing on those Chinese bikes. The one trip I remember reading, the two guys had so much shyte strapped on their Chinese bikes that you could barely see there was a bike under there. And when that same bike gets sold in China, Mongolia, wherever, I doubt the locals think twice of loading everything but the family yurt on the bike to get from one place to another.

They can't be nearly as tough as a WRR, KTM, etc, but I don't think they're as frail as we'd first think, either.

It's also a good point that if you're just over in some country somewhere without your bike, you can take buses and railways - or buy a bike, ride it for a few weeks and months, and then sell it and end up spending very little money for the luxury of having your own motorcycle for that time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I messed up! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I messed up!   I messed up! Empty

Back to top Go down

I messed up!
Page 1 of 1