Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

The B.C. Possey Grows by 1

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
jimbop

jimbop

The B.C. Possey Grows by 1 Empty
PostSubject: The B.C. Possey Grows by 1   The B.C. Possey Grows by 1 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 11:45 pm

Well Hello All!
Spent the last 3 weeks hunting down a WR250R as I want to spend a bit of my bike time off the hard stuff. I own a 2002 CBR1100XX that I love but it's time to explore the world of dirt,water and rock......Just got my hands on a slightly spun up WR. Had to go south of the boarder to take advantage of the selection and the mighty Canadian Greenback. You gotta love these machines, not only do they ride well, they hold their value... so sweat! Picked this 08 up in Bonners Ferry Idaho, found it on Craig's list. Missed a couple that sold real fast which says a ton about demand. Went back and forth with the owner as we felt each other out, it's weird in our paranoid society today. Anyways I headed south for Easter weekend and met in front the owner who seemed like a swell guy. Turned out to be a US Boarder guy. Bike road great so I handed off the envelope of crisp bills, signed the papers, loaded it up on my new AMC 400 carrier, which by the way is the bomb! and headed back west. All smooth at the boarder (25 Minute for both the US and Canadian paper work) and now I have it at home.... Gotta do the RIV thing tomorrow and then the inspection and we should be good to go. The bike is bone stock with the exception of some Yamy hand guards so I's got some work to do.... 1871 USA miles, no scatches...HMM. Let's see ... what's next Uncork, Yamilink ect ect.. Looking forward to some fun rides.... wings
The B.C. Possey Grows by 1 Newyam11

By the way I'm in North Vancouver... Always ready to hook up for a ride.. JimboP
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: The B.C. Possey Grows by 1   The B.C. Possey Grows by 1 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 12:16 am

North Van... DualSport BC will be able to hook you up with lots of dual sporters in your area. I used to live at 3d & St George when I was posted to North Van back in the 80's. The diving and fishing was much better then... and the Seven Seas seafood buffet was still open at the bottom of Lonsdale, just a short walk from the Erection Shop... so you could go get stuffed on 125 different kinds of seafood before wandering over to the Rusty Gull or heading out Deep Cove way to the Raven.

Well, I have some buds up in Whistler I go up to ride with once in a while, but usually it's the other way around and they head for the East Kootenays/NW Montana. Riding is simply better here for dual sport touring. Although, heading up into Gold Bridge, and the Yalakom and then into the Gang Ranch and whatnot makes for pretty good riding as well.

Welcome to the zoo. If you ever get around the corner of the province with your bike, drop me a line (don't hurry, all our roads outside of the valley bottoms are an endless mix of snow, mud, and ice).
Back to top Go down
jimbop

jimbop

PostSubject: welcome to the land of WRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR   The B.C. Possey Grows by 1 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 2:19 am

Miester,

You had to leave our beloved Province?... Thanks for running away.. I'm looking forward to getting out there on the new ride... Whistler was my home from 1979 until 2003. Beginning days back then...land of many sins... If I ever get over your way I'll look you up..

Salute

Jimbo P
Back to top Go down
Midnite171

Midnite171

PostSubject: Re: The B.C. Possey Grows by 1   The B.C. Possey Grows by 1 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 2:45 am

Welcome!!! I like your bike rack. Expensive? Easy to load/unload?
Back to top Go down
jimbop

jimbop

PostSubject: Re: The B.C. Possey Grows by 1   The B.C. Possey Grows by 1 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 2:55 am

Easy to load and unload.. Very inexpensive...http://www.discountramps.com/motorcycle-carrier.htm

Read a few comments on AVD rider about these racks and I have to say that the rack is amaizing. My 2005 Honda Odessey is very stable with both a full and empty cargo department. Bike sits stable and I can load and unload it by myself. I drove approx 700 miles this weekend with the bike in toe. all good!
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: The B.C. Possey Grows by 1   The B.C. Possey Grows by 1 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 9:55 am

If you ever end up in the interior Jim, I can run the trails with ya. Very happy

trav72

PostSubject: Re: The B.C. Possey Grows by 1   The B.C. Possey Grows by 1 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 10:22 am

Who knew the Odyssey had a Class III hitch. scratch

I don't have that particular carrier (it looks like an AMC). But I do have another one that I've logged 1,000's of miles with without any issues.

The B.C. Possey Grows by 1 1624d9499037594a
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: The B.C. Possey Grows by 1   The B.C. Possey Grows by 1 EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 12:31 am

jimbop wrote:
Miester,

You had to leave our beloved Province?... Thanks for running away.. I'm looking forward to getting out there on the new ride... Whistler was my home from 1979 until 2003. Beginning days back then...land of many sins... If I ever get over your way I'll look you up..
I bounce between the SE corner of BC and the NW corner of MT these days.

I'm trying to think of something good to say about Whistler....

Ummm.... I have some really good friends there?

Although most have bailed for either Pemberton or Squamish (or bailed again from Pemberton to head down to Squamish).

I do miss the diving and being out on the ocean. A lot. I thought the riding generally sucked hard enough to pull a golf ball through a garden hose, however.

I think I have the same rack for dragging my WR around on the rear of my Dodge Ram 2500 diesel. Works good, but it's a bear loading and unloading the bike - the ramp sits at almost a 45 degree angle at that height, and I have to reach up over my head to the bars. I have to go find a ditch to drive the truck down into or something like that to get enough slope to manage the bike by myself. Doesn't look like you have the same problem.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The B.C. Possey Grows by 1   The B.C. Possey Grows by 1 Empty

Back to top Go down

The B.C. Possey Grows by 1
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum :: General :: New Members-
Jump to: