Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

G.W. Bush vs. B. Obama

Go down 
+9
Jäger
Hertz
taoshum
SheWolf
DougZ
Rule292
twday
trav72
motokid
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

GWB vs BHO for President?
G.W. Bush
G.W. Bush vs. B. Obama Empty62%G.W. Bush vs. B. Obama Empty
 62% [ 18 ]
B.H. Obama
G.W. Bush vs. B. Obama Empty38%G.W. Bush vs. B. Obama Empty
 38% [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 29

AuthorMessage
motokid
motokid

G.W. Bush vs. B. Obama Empty
PostSubject: G.W. Bush vs. B. Obama   G.W. Bush vs. B. Obama EmptyMon May 02, 2011 3:48 pm

Who would you vote for right now if a special election was held, and those two were your ONLY choices?

No ifs ands or buts regarding third term stuff or anything.

George W. Bush or Barack Obama? Based on everything you know at this time in history.

Please vote.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
trav72

trav72

PostSubject: Re: G.W. Bush vs. B. Obama   G.W. Bush vs. B. Obama EmptyMon May 02, 2011 3:59 pm

We had years of Bush and we saw what he did. Obama still has a little under 1/2 his term left. As far as I'm concerned the jury is still out. With that being said, whichever president was elected for this current term was doomed from the start. They, or in this case Obama, inherited such a mess that nothing they do will be good enough for a lot of people. I also don't think that 4 years or maybe even 8 years is enough time to right the ship. Whether Obama is reelected or not remains to be seen. But whether it's him or someone else, it won't matter as I think the next term will be as doomed as this one.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: G.W. Bush vs. B. Obama   G.W. Bush vs. B. Obama EmptyMon May 02, 2011 4:04 pm

trav72 wrote:
We had years of Bush and we saw what he did. Obama still has a little under 1/2 his term left. As far as I'm concerned the jury is still out. With that being said, whichever president was elected for this current term was doomed from the start. They, or in this case Obama, inherited such a mess that nothing they do will be good enough for a lot of people. I also don't think that 4 years or maybe even 8 years is enough time to right the ship. Whether Obama is reelected or not remains to be seen. But whether it's him or someone else, it won't matter as I think the next term will be as doomed as this one.

Right on brotha.....but in my mind, 2 years of any president is no where near long enough to erase the memories of 8 years of Bush.

I know the vast majority of the people I talk to would much rather have Obama than GWB as president.

Since Jager seems hell-bent on thinking people are not going to vote for Obama I figured I'd take a small sample test and see what they think.

Is Obama that much "worse" than Bush?

or............

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
twday

twday

PostSubject: Re: G.W. Bush vs. B. Obama   G.W. Bush vs. B. Obama EmptyMon May 02, 2011 6:13 pm

I'd rather have the real Alfred E. Newman for President than GW.
Back to top Go down
trav72

trav72

PostSubject: Re: G.W. Bush vs. B. Obama   G.W. Bush vs. B. Obama EmptyMon May 02, 2011 6:48 pm

and Waldo instead of Cheney
Back to top Go down
Rule292

Rule292

PostSubject: Re: G.W. Bush vs. B. Obama   G.W. Bush vs. B. Obama EmptyMon May 02, 2011 7:32 pm

The real question is whose policies would be better for motorcycling, especially off road motorcycling?

Back to top Go down
trav72

trav72

PostSubject: Re: G.W. Bush vs. B. Obama   G.W. Bush vs. B. Obama EmptyMon May 02, 2011 7:38 pm

Rule292 wrote:
The real question is whose policies would be better for motorcycling, especially off road motorcycling?

I'm going to have to go with the elephants on that one.
Back to top Go down
DougZ

DougZ

PostSubject: Re: G.W. Bush vs. B. Obama   G.W. Bush vs. B. Obama EmptyMon May 02, 2011 7:56 pm

Ross Perot. thumb
Back to top Go down
trav72

trav72

PostSubject: Re: G.W. Bush vs. B. Obama   G.W. Bush vs. B. Obama EmptyMon May 02, 2011 8:02 pm

DougZ wrote:
Ross Perot. thumb

You're joking right?
Back to top Go down
DougZ

DougZ

PostSubject: Re: G.W. Bush vs. B. Obama   G.W. Bush vs. B. Obama EmptyMon May 02, 2011 8:13 pm

trav72 wrote:
DougZ wrote:
Ross Perot. thumb

You're joking right?

He could not do any worse than than Bush or Obama.

Overall, I am not overly political..I am too cynical. I am a republican..and I voted for McCain over Obama...as I saw him the lesser of the evils. Honestly, I hate all politicians....they are all evil crooks in my opinion. Frankly, neither one of them should be in charge.

I think Obama, being the first African American president, wants to make a big change and a mark on his term. Obamacare is a joke. The bailouts were a joke. Personally, I do not see him doing anything worthy of getting elected again. The economy crashing is not his fault, but he is also not gonna be the one to pull the country out of it.

As far as being the first African American president..I would have rather that been Colin Powell.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: G.W. Bush vs. B. Obama   G.W. Bush vs. B. Obama EmptyMon May 02, 2011 8:46 pm

Let's not thread-jack here people.

Obama or Bush?

That's the question.

Right now. Today.
Special election.

Who gets your vote?

You're free to start another thread on who you'd like to see run in 2012.

But this thread is not about that.

Just about Obama vs Bush based on what you know today.

thumb

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
DougZ

DougZ

PostSubject: Re: G.W. Bush vs. B. Obama   G.W. Bush vs. B. Obama EmptyMon May 02, 2011 8:47 pm

If i had to choose, Bush.
Back to top Go down
trav72

trav72

PostSubject: Re: G.W. Bush vs. B. Obama   G.W. Bush vs. B. Obama EmptyMon May 02, 2011 8:58 pm

DougZ wrote:
If i had to choose, Bush.

Remind me to ride over you next time were out. Very happy
Back to top Go down
DougZ

DougZ

PostSubject: Re: G.W. Bush vs. B. Obama   G.W. Bush vs. B. Obama EmptyMon May 02, 2011 9:05 pm

If you are an Obama fan, remind me to jump up and slap you upside the head. LOL
Back to top Go down
trav72

trav72

PostSubject: Re: G.W. Bush vs. B. Obama   G.W. Bush vs. B. Obama EmptyMon May 02, 2011 9:10 pm

DougZ wrote:
If you are an Obama fan, remind me to jump up and slap you upside the head. LOL

Never said I was an Obama fan. Read what I wrote earlier in this thread. Besides, you can't jump that high.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: G.W. Bush vs. B. Obama   G.W. Bush vs. B. Obama EmptyMon May 02, 2011 10:07 pm

poser2 I have a ramp... wink

taoshum

PostSubject: Re: G.W. Bush vs. B. Obama   G.W. Bush vs. B. Obama EmptyTue May 03, 2011 12:23 am

at one level, I don't care. I just want to stop the wars. Someone ask me today if I thought killing OBL was a great moment... I told 'em, I guess but I'd rather we had the two trillion we wasted before we killed him. At least President Obama got him so now maybe we can stop invading other countries "looling for him". Bushie gave up, saying he wasn't paying much attention to him anymore....BS.

Plus we gotta get the country working again and that takes brains which kinda leaves bushie out I guess.

Oh well.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: G.W. Bush vs. B. Obama   G.W. Bush vs. B. Obama EmptyTue May 03, 2011 7:01 am

Wow. I must say that I am shocked, and saddened by the current results of this poll.

By an almost 60/40 split, people at this forum would re-elect Bush for a third term over Obama.

Bush. A man who completely defined expanding government, big government, and excessive government spending. A man who invaded another country without any sort of provocation that directly endangered our country. A man who was at the helm when our country began, and descended into it's most devastating economic downfall since the great depression.

While I get that there can be, and are some major philosophical differences between some of you and Obama, I find it extremely hard to believe you'd rather go back to Bush.

But that's what the results of this forum show.

Thanks goodness, or hopefully, it's not a representative sample of the entire country.

For the record I've never voted for a democratic presidential candidate in my life.

I always, always trend towards third party candidates that lean more libertarian.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
taoshum

taoshum

PostSubject: Re: G.W. Bush vs. B. Obama   G.W. Bush vs. B. Obama EmptyTue May 03, 2011 11:10 am

motokid wrote:
Wow. I must say that I am shocked, and saddened by the current results of this poll.

By an almost 60/40 split, people at this forum would re-elect Bush for a third term over Obama.

How could you be shocked? I'm shocked that there's even 40% willing to say that they'd vote for President Obama on this forum. When your poll gets to 4,000 samples, you might be able to draw some conclusions. The statistics of small, self selected, samples often have large errors. This result could easily be explained by sampling a group of erudite scholars who question evolution and watch Fox TV for news.G.W. Bush vs. B. Obama Icon_rolleyes
Back to top Go down
trav72

trav72

PostSubject: Re: G.W. Bush vs. B. Obama   G.W. Bush vs. B. Obama EmptyTue May 03, 2011 11:19 am

I would only vote for Bush again if he could somehow get my IMS 4.5 tank here quickly. Very happy
Back to top Go down
Hertz

Hertz

PostSubject: Re: G.W. Bush vs. B. Obama   G.W. Bush vs. B. Obama EmptyTue May 03, 2011 11:41 am

Bush didn't want to take away my guns or my rights.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: G.W. Bush vs. B. Obama   G.W. Bush vs. B. Obama EmptyTue May 03, 2011 12:00 pm

Hertz wrote:

bert

Please explain to me what guns, and what rights have you lost since Obama took office?

I still have my guns. I still have my rights.

And thanks to Obama and his administration, many people will now have the right to serve this country in the military if they so chose.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
taoshum

taoshum

PostSubject: Re: G.W. Bush vs. B. Obama   G.W. Bush vs. B. Obama EmptyTue May 03, 2011 1:46 pm

Hertz wrote:

He took away your right to privacy and he wanted to take it away so he could search you, your phone and your house without a search warrant any time he felt like it. Then he could send you to Guantanamo without a court order and without your guns.
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: G.W. Bush vs. B. Obama   G.W. Bush vs. B. Obama EmptyTue May 03, 2011 2:22 pm

motokid wrote:
Because it shows you how out of touch you and your fellow travellers are with reality? You didn't believe what Democratic pollsters reported, so you tried your poll here hoping they didn't know what they were talking about, and got your ass handed to you? I didn't make up that data from Democratic pollsters, you know, and it isn't hard to find.

Or are you simply shocked because the guy you hate puts the boots to the guy you prefer?

Quote :
Bush. A man who completely defined expanding government, big government, and excessive government spending.
Never heard of a president named Roosevelt, apparently. When did Bush ever coerce the Supreme Court by threatening to add more justices who would vote in favour of the constitutionality of his legislation if they wouldn't do it as they currently sat - as Roosevelt did to bring in his programs?

What did Bush EVER do that remotely expanded government and increasing government size and control to compare to Roosevelt's New Deal?

Expanding big government? How many unelected, unaccountable czars does Obama have compared to Bush? You think government had more regulation and control under Bush than Obama? When did Bush decide government should have the authority to decide what is sold at school bake sales?

Excessive spending by Bush? Are you including the budgets from the Democrat controlled Congress in the last years of his presidency? Bush was anything but a fiscal conservative, but do you truly, really believe that spending under Bush even begins to compare to spending under Obama in just the first few years of his presidency?

Were you really unaware of these things?

Are you beginning to understand why you're a little out of touch and why your poll isn't going quite the way you wanted it to?

Quote :
A man who invaded another country without any sort of provocation that directly endangered our country.
Your opinion on that is well at odds with what many Democrats believed at the time the decision had to be made, including the prior President who signed an Act directing the US to bring about regime change in that country, and the current Secretary of State.

Of course, when you only have to deal with the issue from the safety of hindsight, with no personal responsibility attached, it makes things much simpler.

Quote :
A man who was at the helm when our country began, and descended into it's most devastating economic downfall since the great depression.
Yep, still with the "there wasn't a Democrat to be found in Washington" view of history.

Like Barney Frank, Pelosi, Maxine Waters, etc didn't repeatedly rebuff Bush's requests to regulate the massive, unregulated, unsecured Fanny and Freddie were making to people who couldn't afford to pay those mortgages off.

No, the Democrats aren't to be held accountable for the irresponsible manner in which they allowed Fannie and Freddie to go crashing down. Even though Bush repeatedly warned them about the danger, and even though they refused to change and just said "all is well" - it's still just Bush's fault.

Again, a small glimpse at reality which explains why your poll isn't going quite the way you wanted it to.

Quote :
While I get that there can be, and are some major philosophical differences between some of you and Obama, I find it extremely hard to believe you'd rather go back to Bush.
Probably something to do with pragmatic people looking at reality, rather than a tunnel vision view of the world.

Quote :
But that's what the results of this forum show.
Think of it as one of those.... what does Obama call them again.... ahhh!

"Teachable moments".

On the other hand, self selecting surveys are pretty limited in their utility and have no confidence interval attached to them, so perhaps you can use that as some comfort.
Back to top Go down
kjharn

kjharn

PostSubject: Re: G.W. Bush vs. B. Obama   G.W. Bush vs. B. Obama EmptyTue May 03, 2011 2:38 pm

Jäger for president. thumb
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: G.W. Bush vs. B. Obama   G.W. Bush vs. B. Obama Empty

Back to top Go down

G.W. Bush vs. B. Obama
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next