Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Just raced the 2011 Virginia City grand Prix

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
RT3856

RT3856

Just raced the 2011 Virginia City grand Prix Empty
PostSubject: Just raced the 2011 Virginia City grand Prix   Just raced the 2011 Virginia City grand Prix EmptyTue May 03, 2011 5:09 pm

Took mt trusty 2008 WR250R to Virginia city in Nevada.
We took off at 2 am and arrived at 6pm set up camp.
Following day we rode some local trails.
Watched the pros on Sat. and after taking off my blinkers and tail light hit the Sunday race.
I finished 57 out of almost 90 in my class. and 259 out of 400 + overall riders.
Felt pretty good about that considering my mantra was "don't get hurt, gotta ba able to work" LOL Just raced the 2011 Virginia City grand Prix 942737
The WR did great! good power even at 6000 ft. some serious down hills and some knarly up hills and everything in between.
took 4hours and 9 min for 75 miles.
I will edit the video and get some stuff on youtube.
Don't let anybody tell you this bike isn't capable.
We "my WR and I" passed a lot of Orange to finish were we did. Just raced the 2011 Virginia City grand Prix 89954
This is without a question the most serious riding I have done on my WR. And it performed great!
Back to top Go down
trav72

trav72

PostSubject: Re: Just raced the 2011 Virginia City grand Prix   Just raced the 2011 Virginia City grand Prix EmptyTue May 03, 2011 5:14 pm

That's awesome! Can't wait to see some vid! thumb
Back to top Go down
Chief_Lee_Visceral

PostSubject: Re: Just raced the 2011 Virginia City grand Prix   Just raced the 2011 Virginia City grand Prix EmptyWed May 04, 2011 9:48 am

Nice ride! I see you there at 259. I keep trying to attend that. A little dryer than Walker I bet Very happy Don't know about you but I am getting sick of riding through cold mini lakes.
Back to top Go down
RT3856

RT3856

PostSubject: Re: Just raced the 2011 Virginia City grand Prix   Just raced the 2011 Virginia City grand Prix EmptyWed May 04, 2011 11:58 pm

We are thinking about going again next year.
I have about eight hours of combined footage between helmet cam and hand held video camera.
Don't kid yourself though. there were mud puddles there also.
I will try to find it on the video to prove it.LOL Just raced the 2011 Virginia City grand Prix 851577
Used a tachyon camera. it did very well. and held up through three good crashes.
Back to top Go down
Chief_Lee_Visceral

PostSubject: Re: Just raced the 2011 Virginia City grand Prix   Just raced the 2011 Virginia City grand Prix EmptyThu May 05, 2011 10:03 am

Let me know if you upload that footage. I have a new Husaberg I would ride on it though. I just spent hours trying to get that thing cleaned up after riding around here. I noticed there is mud inside the turn signals!
Back to top Go down
RT3856

RT3856

PostSubject: Re: Just raced the 2011 Virginia City grand Prix   Just raced the 2011 Virginia City grand Prix EmptySat May 07, 2011 12:07 am

here is the youtube video.
I think I have an idea how to minimize glare in the future.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNlUlQJx2IQ
Back to top Go down
abchel

abchel

PostSubject: Re: Just raced the 2011 Virginia City grand Prix   Just raced the 2011 Virginia City grand Prix EmptySat May 14, 2011 3:19 am

Great video, just past the 6 minute mark when that guy fell in front of you, I had good chuckle at all the stuff you were saying.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Just raced the 2011 Virginia City grand Prix   Just raced the 2011 Virginia City grand Prix EmptySat May 14, 2011 11:14 am

thumb Kinda hard to avoid something like that when you're like....right there... eeek Did you get stuck quite a few times behind riders on that? I noticed you sitting there at some intervals and nobody was moving at all, or riding past thru the scrub. That would drive me nuts; I'd be like screw this, I'm finding my own way around this crap! Very happy Nice ride tho, hopefully you didn't get any uglies after running over that guy. Looks like some poor dude got some bad lumps seeing the mobile unit close to the end. eeek

RT3856

PostSubject: Re: Just raced the 2011 Virginia City grand Prix   Just raced the 2011 Virginia City grand Prix EmptySat May 14, 2011 11:19 pm

The logjam was only at thje begining.
The video as usual doesn't do justice to how steep it was. If it wasn't a race I would have found an alternate way to go. but it was a race and so YeeHaa!!
according to the race instructions there was only a ten foot wide right of way to be used.
It is because of enviromental laws and such. Anyway I didn't want to drive eight hundred miles to get disqualified for some stupid thing like going out of bounds.
I think my riding buddies are looking foreward to doing it again.
so any body interested it would be fun to have more than one WR in the croud LOL Just raced the 2011 Virginia City grand Prix 93746
I am open to suggestions on set up for competition.
Couple things I am going to look into is maybe the big bore kit. Still wonder about the dependability.
Also suspension. forks and rear shock. A little soft for higher speeds. hmm.
Maybe go to a fifty tooth rear sprocket.
Input welcome.

One of my buddies was on a YZ the other on a KX. I finished twenty minutes behind them.
I would like to finish ahead of them Just raced the 2011 Virginia City grand Prix 851577
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just raced the 2011 Virginia City grand Prix   Just raced the 2011 Virginia City grand Prix Empty

Back to top Go down

Just raced the 2011 Virginia City grand Prix
Page 1 of 1