Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

will this headlight fit on my wr250x?

Go down 
+3
trav72
simonpig
addikted2boost
7 posters
AuthorMessage
addikted2boost

addikted2boost

will this headlight fit on my wr250x? Empty
PostSubject: will this headlight fit on my wr250x?   will this headlight fit on my wr250x? EmptySun May 08, 2011 3:46 pm

http://www.motostrano.com/acerbisvision.html

i want to put this on my bike but idk if its street legal or if it will even fit on my x
Back to top Go down
simonpig

simonpig

PostSubject: Re: will this headlight fit on my wr250x?   will this headlight fit on my wr250x? EmptySun May 08, 2011 4:14 pm

Acerbis stuff is universal. It will fit. You just might have to fashion simple spacers/brackets to make it clear the instrument panel. In terms is electrical hookup, there doesn't seem to be a a high/low beam on this since its not DOT legal. Theres 2 wires main wires +/– in the back, just make sure they connect to to the positive negative of the H4 connector of the low beam.

Next, you'll need to tap into those same lines to power the side patterned leds (should they have their own +/– wires. If not they will be wired to turn on when the headlights turn on.

The beauty of this set up is that if you switch to high beam, you'll essentially have an off switch. That is how I run my single low HID set-up.
Back to top Go down
trav72

trav72

PostSubject: Re: will this headlight fit on my wr250x?   will this headlight fit on my wr250x? EmptySun May 08, 2011 5:56 pm

It says right in the description that it's not DOT approved. It might look cool but you'll be dissappointed with the light output.
Back to top Go down
IndigoWolf

IndigoWolf

PostSubject: Re: will this headlight fit on my wr250x?   will this headlight fit on my wr250x? EmptySun May 08, 2011 8:07 pm

Not DOT...? does it exceed DOT or is it under powered? You have to understand LED lights are much more efficient in their light output to energy usage.
Take a look at lumen outputs for a real comparison.

Last edited by IndigoWolf on Sun May 08, 2011 8:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
trav72

trav72

PostSubject: Re: will this headlight fit on my wr250x?   will this headlight fit on my wr250x? EmptySun May 08, 2011 8:12 pm

"two 20W spotlights placed in the center for optimal visibility"

That's the description. 40w total spotlights. I would say that's underpowered.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: will this headlight fit on my wr250x?   will this headlight fit on my wr250x? EmptySun May 08, 2011 8:13 pm

20w spotlights. I dunno, it says not DOT, so unless you intend on riding strictly off road you're taking your chances getting nabbed. dunno

IndigoWolf

PostSubject: Re: will this headlight fit on my wr250x?   will this headlight fit on my wr250x? EmptySun May 08, 2011 8:37 pm

Check these Aux. lights out. look at their video... more light from less watts output
http://www.visionxusa.com/index.html
Back to top Go down
IndigoWolf

IndigoWolf

PostSubject: Re: will this headlight fit on my wr250x?   will this headlight fit on my wr250x? EmptySun May 08, 2011 8:44 pm

or better yet... these 10 watt units will out do your stock lights any day. 900 lumens each
http://www.visionxusa.com/LED-Solstice-S1100/c1_48_88/index.html

Last edited by IndigoWolf on Sun May 08, 2011 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
trav72

trav72

PostSubject: Re: will this headlight fit on my wr250x?   will this headlight fit on my wr250x? EmptySun May 08, 2011 8:47 pm

That's great and all but neither of those lights are what's in the headlight that was asked about. This is the bulb that's in it. It's underpowered.
http://www.motostrano.com/acmr20wbu.html

IndigoWolf wrote:
Check these Aux. lights out. look at their video... more light from less watts output
http://www.visionxusa.com/index.html

IndigoWolf wrote:
or better yet... these 10 watt units will out do your stock lights any day.
http://www.visionxusa.com/LED-Solstice-S1100/c1_48_88/index.html
Back to top Go down
IndigoWolf

IndigoWolf

PostSubject: Re: will this headlight fit on my wr250x?   will this headlight fit on my wr250x? EmptySun May 08, 2011 8:53 pm

I'm talking comparative watt usage in LED lamps. It is nothing like a standard or even halogen bulb LED's are way brighter.
Back to top Go down
IndigoWolf

IndigoWolf

PostSubject: Re: will this headlight fit on my wr250x?   will this headlight fit on my wr250x? EmptySun May 08, 2011 9:09 pm

Ok... How about this...
http://www.motostrano.com/acledvihphe.html
Note it says watt usage not light output
Back to top Go down
trav72

trav72

PostSubject: Re: will this headlight fit on my wr250x?   will this headlight fit on my wr250x? EmptySun May 08, 2011 9:12 pm

IndigoWolf wrote:
I'm talking comparative watt usage in LED lamps. It is nothing like a standard or even halogen bulb LED's are way brighter.

Yes I understand that. But like i said, that's not what's in the light he asked about. You edited your first reply in this thread after myself and shewolf responded to it. Then posted both those links. You're right about LED light output and I agree with you. But perhaps you should start your own thread and discuss aux. lights and the difference between LED, halogen, etc.
Back to top Go down
IndigoWolf

IndigoWolf

PostSubject: Re: will this headlight fit on my wr250x?   will this headlight fit on my wr250x? EmptySun May 08, 2011 9:13 pm

addikted2boost wrote:
http://www.motostrano.com/acerbisvision.html

i want to put this on my bike but idk if its street legal or if it will even fit on my x

ok this has LED's and its main lights are Xenon ... still more light output than standard
Xenon lights require 25 percent less power than incandescent lights despite the fact that they produce around 25 percent more light.
Back to top Go down
IndigoWolf

IndigoWolf

PostSubject: Re: will this headlight fit on my wr250x?   will this headlight fit on my wr250x? EmptySun May 08, 2011 9:39 pm

Ya, 20 watt xenon bulbs even with two are lower than DOT standards. They will use 40 watts of energy to light up but that will not double the lumen output, but only saturate the area more effectively with the same level of light.
Back to top Go down
addikted2boost

addikted2boost

PostSubject: thanks for the help   will this headlight fit on my wr250x? EmptyMon May 09, 2011 1:01 pm

i guess i cant put this light on that sucks but thanks for everyones help
Back to top Go down
velox

PostSubject: Re: will this headlight fit on my wr250x?   will this headlight fit on my wr250x? EmptyTue May 10, 2011 3:43 pm

Yea actually I read on another forum where a guy used this headlight.

He stated that the light output is no way near enough for riding at night.
In the end he had to have separate driving lights in order to ride safely in the dark.

Back to top Go down
addikted2boost

addikted2boost

PostSubject: hmm   will this headlight fit on my wr250x? EmptyTue May 10, 2011 11:20 pm

do you think i could buy a hid kit that would fit into where the 2 20watt xenon bulbs go?
Back to top Go down
simonpig

simonpig

PostSubject: Re: will this headlight fit on my wr250x?   will this headlight fit on my wr250x? EmptyWed May 11, 2011 1:41 am

Theres no HID bulb that fits that base (which is essentially track lighting for interiors). Even if you could, the lens doesn't look weather sealed.

addikted2boost wrote:
do you think i could buy a hid kit that would fit into where the 2 20watt xenon bulbs go?
Back to top Go down
addikted2boost

addikted2boost

PostSubject: ok   will this headlight fit on my wr250x? EmptyWed May 11, 2011 8:30 pm

ok thanks for the help
Back to top Go down
Tammy

Tammy

PostSubject: Re: will this headlight fit on my wr250x?   will this headlight fit on my wr250x? EmptySat May 14, 2011 10:52 pm

If your really into the look of it you can go HID but it will cost you and you will have to do a lil work to get them to fit..

HID's

I ran both HID's and LED's on my DL. The stock light is HID ready and your not going to get the light you get from HID for 35watts then anything out there for the same cost...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: will this headlight fit on my wr250x?   will this headlight fit on my wr250x? Empty

Back to top Go down

will this headlight fit on my wr250x?
Page 1 of 1