Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Racing number plates??

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Sinfull

Racing number plates?? Empty
PostSubject: Racing number plates??   Racing number plates?? EmptyTue May 10, 2011 10:44 am

Hey does anyone know if the side and front racing number plates from a WR250/450F or YZ250/450F will fit the WR250R 08 model. I am looking into competing in the West Austrailian Indie 500 desret race and currently dont have any clear places to stick numbers on my bike.
Before anyone says, i know this bike isnt desinged to be raced in a 500km desert race but hey, i just want to say ive completed it(hopefully).

thanks for your help.
Back to top Go down
GusinCA

GusinCA

PostSubject: Re: Racing number plates??   Racing number plates?? EmptyTue May 10, 2011 12:05 pm

"West Austrailian Indie 500 desert race"

Ok see, that's just cool.

I'm planning on entering the Catalina Island (off the coast of Los Angeles) race next year as well, where I would have to drain the tank and pay $250 just to put my bike in a container vessel for the 2 hour ferry ride to the island.

Of course I'm not gonna win, but I'm gonna buy a picture from the pro photographer of me going over the jump at the finish line in my street legal dirt bike! :)
Back to top Go down
mattf

PostSubject: Re: Racing number plates??   Racing number plates?? EmptyTue May 10, 2011 12:47 pm

they do not fit. I'm sure with enough creativity you could make them work somehow but they will not just bolt on.
Back to top Go down
Sinfull

PostSubject: Re: Racing number plates??   Racing number plates?? EmptyWed May 11, 2011 8:52 pm

mattf wrote:
they do not fit. I'm sure with enough creativity you could make them work somehow but they will not just bolt on.

ok thanks Mattf, thats all i needed to know
Back to top Go down
Sinfull

PostSubject: Re: Racing number plates??   Racing number plates?? EmptyWed May 11, 2011 8:54 pm

GusinCA wrote:
"West Austrailian Indie 500 desert race"

Ok see, that's just cool.

I'm planning on entering the Catalina Island (off the coast of Los Angeles) race next year as well, where I would have to drain the tank and pay $250 just to put my bike in a container vessel for the 2 hour ferry ride to the island.

Of course I'm not gonna win, but I'm gonna buy a picture from the pro photographer of me going over the jump at the finish line in my street legal dirt bike! :)

this is the website for the race, its about 50kmm south from where I live.

http://indee500.com.au/main/page_event_information.html
Back to top Go down
RT3856

RT3856

PostSubject: Re: Racing number plates??   Racing number plates?? EmptyFri May 13, 2011 12:15 am

First off I think the Wr is a blast to race.
On these long races the dependability shines Racing number plates?? 61865
I just did the Virginnia City grand Prix and I made a number plate for the front that helped protect the headlight and the numbers fit on the side fine.
let us know how you do. Racing number plates?? 379944
Back to top Go down
GusinCA

GusinCA

PostSubject: Re: Racing number plates??   Racing number plates?? EmptyFri May 13, 2011 1:27 am

Brilliant!

Those photos are cool, lots of quads...
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: Racing number plates??   Racing number plates?? EmptyFri May 13, 2011 1:28 am

What is wrong with the plates on it ?

Is there a size or some other requirement ?
Back to top Go down
Sinfull

PostSubject: Re: Racing number plates??   Racing number plates?? EmptyFri May 13, 2011 10:28 am

X-Racer wrote:
What is wrong with the plates on it ?

Is there a size or some other requirement ?

no major issue really. there is not enough room really for two numbers above the headlight and we require to have them on the side of the bike however the only place is on the radiator side shrouds which get covered by my legs. The plates off the WR250F and 450F are behind your legs on the side and have plenty of room for duel numbers if required. In the case of the Indee 500 there is a good chance i will require two numbers due to the amount of riders racing.

Racing number plates?? IMG_4251
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Racing number plates??   Racing number plates?? Empty

Back to top Go down

Racing number plates??
Page 1 of 1