Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Doing stunts when your trying not to?

Go down 
+4
trav72
motokid
SheWolf
BoredAzHell20
8 posters
AuthorMessage
BoredAzHell20

Doing stunts when your trying not to?  Empty
PostSubject: Doing stunts when your trying not to?    Doing stunts when your trying not to?  EmptyThu May 12, 2011 6:22 pm

So in the past week of owning a wr250x, I did a total of 6 accidental wheelies when taking off quick from a signal light. I know with the new ride height (coming from all sport bikes) busting out a wheelie or endo is pretty much effortless. Don't get me wrong it was fun, but it catches me off guard at times.

What I am concerned with is doing accidental endos that end up endoing a bit too far (toppling over). I never had to brake hard on this bike yet, and I was wondering if this might be an issue when I do have to brake pretty hard.

I already conditioned my mind and hand reactions to prevent the wheel locking when braking, but it never crossed my mind that I have to take accidental endos into consideration.

let me know what you all experienced with.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Doing stunts when your trying not to?    Doing stunts when your trying not to?  EmptyThu May 12, 2011 6:30 pm

Cover the rear brake. Very happy I've pulled up a few times but once you get the feel of the bike you know where the pop point is. thumb

motokid

PostSubject: Re: Doing stunts when your trying not to?    Doing stunts when your trying not to?  EmptyThu May 12, 2011 6:33 pm

I can't believe you're accidentally wheelieing.

Are you dumping the clutch at high revs from a dead stop????????????

Also - you really have to try to endo.

You can brake really hard on X and not have to worry about flipping over.

A wheelie on a 250cc X is not effortless.
It may be effortless if you intend to do one - or if you're doing something almost dangerous on a public road.

Is your X in stock trim? Stock muffler, stock gearing, stock tires??????

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
trav72

trav72

PostSubject: Re: Doing stunts when your trying not to?    Doing stunts when your trying not to?  EmptyThu May 12, 2011 6:33 pm

First of all, you should be happy you're able to do accidental wheelies. thumb Some people complain that they can't ever wheelie the little 250.

As for an accidental endo....I think you would have to work pretty hard to flip the ass over the front. Not saying it wouldn't be possible. But you would probably lose traction on the front before that would happen. But if you want to try doing a stoppie....just slide up to the front of the seat, put all your weight over the bars and grab some front brake. It's not all that hard. I guess you could do an 'accidental' endo while trying a stoppie.
Back to top Go down
BoredAzHell20

PostSubject: Re: Doing stunts when your trying not to?    Doing stunts when your trying not to?  EmptyThu May 12, 2011 6:41 pm

Haha oh trust me I am not complaining about it. I like how I can pop the wheel up real quick to go up a curb. I just didn't want any surprises when I had to brake hard to avoid an accident. It's seems it's not an issue from the responses.

Oh yes. When I split lanes to go in front of traffic to a red light. I feel as if I have an obligation to pull off the light quick so I don't hold up the people in front. That's when the accidental wheelies start. Haha I like it though.
Back to top Go down
deerHater

PostSubject: Re: Doing stunts when your trying not to?    Doing stunts when your trying not to?  EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:43 am

BoredAzHell20 wrote:

I just didn't want any surprises when I had to brake hard to avoid an accident. It's seems it's not an issue from the responses.
Go out and practice braking hard, as HARD as you & the bike can brake. Practice often.

Then you'll have no problem with HARD braking for accident avoidance...

The WR250X has a pretty good front brake. I worry more about endos on my Triumph 675 Street Triple R. That has a short wheel base and SUPERB front brakes.
Back to top Go down
Ushuaia Or Bust

Ushuaia Or Bust

PostSubject: Re: Doing stunts when your trying not to?    Doing stunts when your trying not to?  EmptyFri May 13, 2011 1:58 pm

Only done one accidental wheelie pop and it was going up a steep hill at a stop light while jamming the throttle. As for slowing down quickly, work on rev matching downshifts and engine braking to supplement the bike's front and rear brakes. Never had an issue yet with accidental endos.
Back to top Go down
phroenips

PostSubject: Re: Doing stunts when your trying not to?    Doing stunts when your trying not to?  EmptyFri May 13, 2011 7:15 pm

deerHater wrote:
BoredAzHell20 wrote:

I just didn't want any surprises when I had to brake hard to avoid an accident. It's seems it's not an issue from the responses.
Go out and practice braking hard, as HARD as you & the bike can brake. Practice often.

Then you'll have no problem with HARD braking for accident avoidance...

The WR250X has a pretty good front brake. I worry more about endos on my Triumph 675 Street Triple R. That has a short wheel base and SUPERB front brakes.

This.

Find an empty parking lot and practice braking over and over again, and progressively giving it more braking power. It's crucial that you know the total braking potential so that if you do need to do it to avoid an accident, you know what you have.
Back to top Go down
Stubbz

Stubbz

PostSubject: Re: Doing stunts when your trying not to?    Doing stunts when your trying not to?  EmptyWed May 25, 2011 10:52 am

you shouldnt have any problem doing accidental stoppies cuz you should be using both brakes not just the front. this bike will stoppie easy and they have an awesome front end on them for stoppies when you tighten everything down as much as they'll go. i think if your pulling wheelies driving off from a light your getting into it way to much cuz youd have to be wide open throttle to do that on these bikes, cars and trucks are nowhere near that fast of acceleration that you need to do that and eventually its gonna grab ya a 15 minute visit with a police officer who wont be all to happy about it. been there done that, keep an eye out for the fuzz.

you should never have a problem with your front tire locking up tho, a sportbike will do that wayyyy before these 250s will cuz of the long suspension that compresses to your front wheel, i can roll stoppies on mine in the rain and snow if i want, never had my front lockup even once since ive had my bike and been stuntin with it.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Doing stunts when your trying not to?    Doing stunts when your trying not to?  EmptyWed May 25, 2011 11:20 am

I spent a number of years roadracing. Getting to turn one as fast as possible was a HUGE advantage.

Which meant getting off the line as fast as possible was a skill that had massive advantages.

The technique DID NOT include wheelies.

Our bikes may "only be" 250 cc's - but they are surely a hell of a lot quicker off the line than 95% of the other cages and trucks on the road.

There's really no reason to be accidentally popping wheelies. Not for street riding in traffic when leaving stop lights, and going through crowded intersections.

IMHO hide

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Doing stunts when your trying not to?    Doing stunts when your trying not to?  Empty

Back to top Go down

Doing stunts when your trying not to?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum :: General :: WR250X Specific-
Jump to: