Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Scotts steering dampers help

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sinfull

Scotts steering dampers help Empty
PostSubject: Scotts steering dampers help   Scotts steering dampers help EmptyFri May 13, 2011 11:55 pm

Hey guys,

I am looking at order a scotts steering damper but on there website it asks what position my bars in in. this is what they expain it as.

We need to know what Position you are going to use your handlebars in. What does that mean? Well most triple clamps have optional mounting holes in the triple clamp, allowing the user to move the handlebar position front to back, by relocating the handlebar perches. (We are NOT referring to the rotation of your bars in your perch or the marks on bars where they clamp). Position, refers to the relative position of the handlebars to the rider. Position 1 would be with the handlebars closest to the rider. This would mean the perches are bolted in the rear hole, and rotated so the bars are closest to the rider. Position 2 would be the next position, moving toward the front of the bike, second closest to the rider. Position 3 & 4 would only apply to triple clamps with another set of mounting holes in the triple clamp. Example: if you have a late model Ktm, you have 2 sets of mounting holes in the triple clamp for the handlebars. Since the lower perches are offset and can be reversed, this means that each set of holes has 2 mounting positions, giving you a total possibility of 4 different handlebar positions. We need to know which position you want to mount in. If you are not sure, select "Stock" and we can send you the most common position selected by most riders. The barclamp we send is specific to that position and cannot be used for another position. This is to avoid accidental mis-mounting and damage.

Now forgive me for this as I am not familiar with Bike parts to much (here i am looking a dampers) Shog. Is there multiple positions that I can put my bars in on a WR250R.

thanks for your help.
Back to top Go down
f3joel

f3joel

PostSubject: Re: Scotts steering dampers help   Scotts steering dampers help EmptySat May 14, 2011 1:33 am

what size bars do you have? 7/8 or 1 1/8
do you want the damper above or under your bars?
Back to top Go down
Sinfull

PostSubject: Re: Scotts steering dampers help   Scotts steering dampers help EmptySat May 14, 2011 3:24 am

f3joel wrote:
what size bars do you have? 7/8 or 1 1/8
do you want the damper above or under your bars?

1 1/8 bars and I would prefer underbar. looks abit tidier
Back to top Go down
f3joel

f3joel

PostSubject: Re: Scotts steering dampers help   Scotts steering dampers help EmptySat May 14, 2011 11:48 am

for sub mount they are meant for the 1 1/8 bars so you are good there.
the position 1 and 2 you were asking about is for the top mount.

in the options scroll on down to the sub mount complete kit, this is what you want
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scotts steering dampers help   Scotts steering dampers help Empty

Back to top Go down

Scotts steering dampers help
Page 1 of 1