Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Question on Promoto billet rack

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
09wrx

09wrx

Question on Promoto billet rack Empty
PostSubject: Question on Promoto billet rack   Question on Promoto billet rack EmptySat May 14, 2011 8:07 am

I have ordered the Promoto billet rack and have printed the installation instructions off line.The instructions do not say where the 4 washers and lock nuts go.I thought the 4 holes in the sub frame were threaded,do you just screw the rack bolts in and then put the washers and nuts on anyway?
Back to top Go down
little squirt

little squirt

PostSubject: Re: Question on Promoto billet rack   Question on Promoto billet rack EmptySat May 14, 2011 1:37 pm

from what i remember doing mine, no the subframe isnt threaded....the bolts go through it and through my drc bracket then you use the nuts and washers..
Back to top Go down
09wrx

09wrx

PostSubject: Re: Question on Promoto billet rack   Question on Promoto billet rack EmptySat May 14, 2011 8:03 pm

No , the holes are threaded.It is the four holes that hold the tail light on.
Back to top Go down
thornstein

thornstein

PostSubject: Re: Question on Promoto billet rack   Question on Promoto billet rack EmptySun May 15, 2011 10:30 am

Just mounted mine. Yes, they are threaded. I put blue locktite on the screws and since they were long enough, I but the nuts on after it went through the treaded frame bolts. Overkill, but my extra nuts drawer is too full already.
Back to top Go down
09wrx

09wrx

PostSubject: Re: Question on Promoto billet rack   Question on Promoto billet rack EmptyMon May 16, 2011 6:51 pm

Mounted the rack today and also put the lock nuts on just to be double sure nothing will loosen.Very happy with the rack,looks great and seems to be very sturdy.
Back to top Go down
IdahoRenegade

PostSubject: Re: Question on Promoto billet rack   Question on Promoto billet rack EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 1:36 pm

Bringing an old thread back to life...any chance any of you can post a pic of the installed rack? The only one I've seen is on the PMB website, and it looks great. How is the anodizing holding up, and was it a major pain to locate the mounting holes you drill through the fender?

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Bikeman

PostSubject: Re: Question on Promoto billet rack   Question on Promoto billet rack EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 7:52 pm

Will try to post pic later tonight. Very easy install. I used a spade bit of the proper size in the center of the markings that are on the fender and it fit perfect with no gaps around spacers. Anodizing is holding up well after several trips in rain both on and off road with items strapped to it. I am very pleased with the quality and like the fact it has some depth to edges so it doesn't cut you when the rear end of the bike slaps you in the whoops. Gotta love the almost rebounless rear shock as it comes stock GAHHHH
IdahoRenegade wrote:
Bringing an old thread back to life...any chance any of you can post a pic of the installed rack? The only one I've seen is on the PMB website, and it looks great. How is the anodizing holding up, and was it a major pain to locate the mounting holes you drill through the fender?

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
IdahoRenegade

PostSubject: Re: Question on Promoto billet rack   Question on Promoto billet rack EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 2:09 pm

Bikeman wrote:
Will try to post pic later tonight. Very easy install. I used a spade bit of the proper size in the center of the markings that are on the fender and it fit perfect with no gaps around spacers. Anodizing is holding up well after several trips in rain both on and off road with items strapped to it. I am very pleased with the quality and like the fact it has some depth to edges so it doesn't cut you when the rear end of the bike slaps you in the whoops. Gotta love the almost rebounless rear shock as it comes stock GAHHHH
IdahoRenegade wrote:

Thanks.

Thanks for that. Not to be too much of a pita, but would you mind posting length and width as well? I'd like to make sure my tail bag will fit. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Bikeman

PostSubject: Re: Question on Promoto billet rack   Question on Promoto billet rack EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 5:26 pm

Here's the pics. I included a tape measure in the photo's so you can tell the size as you requested.
-Bikeman
Question on Promoto billet rack Pro_mo14

Question on Promoto billet rack Pro_mo13

Question on Promoto billet rack Pro_mo12

Question on Promoto billet rack Pro_mo11
Back to top Go down
IdahoRenegade

PostSubject: Re: Question on Promoto billet rack   Question on Promoto billet rack EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 12:23 am

Bikeman, thanks for the pics. The rack looks great in black! I've got a silver one on my DR650, will be adding one to the WR. PMB makes a great product, and pretty reasonably priced considering the CNC work involved.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question on Promoto billet rack   Question on Promoto billet rack Empty

Back to top Go down

Question on Promoto billet rack
Page 1 of 1