Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

WR250R/X Revloc Dyno Ring, not just a rumour

Go down 
+7
Akasy
YZEtc
spacecadet
DougZ
little squirt
joenuclear
combo
11 posters
AuthorMessage
combo

combo

WR250R/X Revloc Dyno Ring, not just a rumour Empty
PostSubject: WR250R/X Revloc Dyno Ring, not just a rumour   WR250R/X Revloc Dyno Ring, not just a rumour EmptyThu May 19, 2011 6:47 pm

Revloc had a long wait on some fiber plates that delayed the existence of a commercial WRR/X Dyno Ring, out of luck I emailed Revloc just before they got the parts in and soon after I purchased one through revloc.com.au, got to me yesterday wings

WR250R/X Revloc Dyno Ring, not just a rumour Dsc02602af

It will be installed asap, just need some time and new transmission oil

Back to top Go down
joenuclear

joenuclear

PostSubject: Re: WR250R/X Revloc Dyno Ring, not just a rumour   WR250R/X Revloc Dyno Ring, not just a rumour EmptyFri May 20, 2011 12:41 pm

combo wrote:
Revloc had a long wait on some fiber plates that delayed the existence of a commercial WRR/X Dyno Ring, out of luck I emailed Revloc just before they got the parts in and soon after I purchased one through revloc.com.au, got to me yesterday wings

WR250R/X Revloc Dyno Ring, not just a rumour Dsc02602af

It will be installed asap, just need some time and new transmission oil

Do you have a part number?
Back to top Go down
little squirt

little squirt

PostSubject: Re: WR250R/X Revloc Dyno Ring, not just a rumour   WR250R/X Revloc Dyno Ring, not just a rumour EmptyFri May 20, 2011 1:55 pm

Are you serious? they are available now??
Back to top Go down
DougZ

DougZ

PostSubject: Re: WR250R/X Revloc Dyno Ring, not just a rumour   WR250R/X Revloc Dyno Ring, not just a rumour EmptyFri May 20, 2011 3:31 pm

I have been seeing these mentioned in many places. What is all the hoopla about??
Back to top Go down
spacecadet

PostSubject: Re: WR250R/X Revloc Dyno Ring, not just a rumour   WR250R/X Revloc Dyno Ring, not just a rumour EmptyFri May 20, 2011 3:44 pm

yea what does that do? eliminate shifting?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WR250R/X Revloc Dyno Ring, not just a rumour   WR250R/X Revloc Dyno Ring, not just a rumour EmptyFri May 20, 2011 8:56 pm

FWIW, they are available in the US.
I got on a group buy @ advrider (thanks to Sy) and I picked up my DynaRing today!!

It's installed. I tested it briefly on some steps at my house - seems to be a good option for those technical spots where my skill is a little lacking.

It's a pretty easy install, only taking about and hour and a half at a very slow pace and if I had to do it again, 45 min.

jeff

Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: WR250R/X Revloc Dyno Ring, not just a rumour   WR250R/X Revloc Dyno Ring, not just a rumour EmptyFri May 20, 2011 9:25 pm

spacecadet wrote:

As far as I know, it converts the manual clutch to an auto clutch that engages automatically when the revs go up and disengages when the revs come down.
Like an ATV with an auto clutch.
You still have to shift and select the appropriate gear.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WR250R/X Revloc Dyno Ring, not just a rumour   WR250R/X Revloc Dyno Ring, not just a rumour EmptyFri May 20, 2011 10:27 pm

spacecadet wrote:

It's a crutch basically. If you have the skills to work a clutch good you probably don't need it but I have to admit that for me, every little bit helps.

What it does for me is that it keeps me from flogging my clutch on trails that are tight or having steps, rocks, ledges, roots and so on.

As an example, lets say you want to climb over a small log or up some rock steps and the trail is tight. Instead of manipulating the clutch and stalling the engine you can twist the throttle and bam, you're moving over the step. Today I was testing it by riding up a 10" curb in front of my house. Now usually I'd just roll up and give it some gas as I get to the curb and the front wheel will climb over. This time I rolled up to the curb and stuck the front wheel against the curb. In a situation like this, I usually have problems. I can either back up and get a running start or I can pop the clutch and hang on. With the DynaRing it is just a matter of giving the throttle a quick twist and up we go. I really like that. And, Ive been in that situation on trails that just beat me up.

Another situation - let's say you're climbing up a hill and you have to stop. Taking off again may stall the bike but with the DynaRing it wont stall. You can just sit there with the clutch out and when your ready, give it some gas.

I'm going to try climbing some sandy hills and see if there's a benefit to not having to pull the clutch in to up/down shift. It isn't something I normally care to do but it would be nice to know if it helps.

jeff

Back to top Go down
joenuclear

joenuclear

PostSubject: Re: WR250R/X Revloc Dyno Ring, not just a rumour   WR250R/X Revloc Dyno Ring, not just a rumour EmptyFri May 20, 2011 11:08 pm

Do you have a link to the group buy?

jeffohray wrote:
FWIW, they are available in the US.
I got on a group buy @ advrider (thanks to Sy) and I picked up my DynaRing today!!

It's installed. I tested it briefly on some steps at my house - seems to be a good option for those technical spots where my skill is a little lacking.

It's a pretty easy install, only taking about and hour and a half at a very slow pace and if I had to do it again, 45 min.

jeff

Back to top Go down
spacecadet

PostSubject: Re: WR250R/X Revloc Dyno Ring, not just a rumour   WR250R/X Revloc Dyno Ring, not just a rumour EmptySat May 21, 2011 12:52 am

jeffohray wrote:
spacecadet wrote:

It's a crutch basically. If you have the skills to work a clutch good you probably don't need it but I have to admit that for me, every little bit helps.

What it does for me is that it keeps me from flogging my clutch on trails that are tight or having steps, rocks, ledges, roots and so on.

As an example, lets say you want to climb over a small log or up some rock steps and the trail is tight. Instead of manipulating the clutch and stalling the engine you can twist the throttle and bam, you're moving over the step. Today I was testing it by riding up a 10" curb in front of my house. Now usually I'd just roll up and give it some gas as I get to the curb and the front wheel will climb over. This time I rolled up to the curb and stuck the front wheel against the curb. In a situation like this, I usually have problems. I can either back up and get a running start or I can pop the clutch and hang on. With the DynaRing it is just a matter of giving the throttle a quick twist and up we go. I really like that. And, Ive been in that situation on trails that just beat me up.

Another situation - let's say you're climbing up a hill and you have to stop. Taking off again may stall the bike but with the DynaRing it wont stall. You can just sit there with the clutch out and when your ready, give it some gas.

I'm going to try climbing some sandy hills and see if there's a benefit to not having to pull the clutch in to up/down shift. It isn't something I normally care to do but it would be nice to know if it helps.

jeff

hmm interesting, sounds neat, i feel like that would take me a long time to get used to not having to pull the clutch in

good luck on those hills!
Back to top Go down
Akasy

PostSubject: Dynaring   WR250R/X Revloc Dyno Ring, not just a rumour EmptySat May 21, 2011 8:00 am

Jeffohray--glad you finally got the DR--guess it took a while to get it finalized by the manufacturer.
He's done a good job describing the unit but keep in mind it is not a cure all--it is a tool for techcical single track work. Somewhere in the pictures section is a pic of me and him in the Lincoln National Forest on Rim Trail in the rain--tight wet single track with roots rocks and other fun stuff. I don't know how he set his---(note we need to ride--check Rockies ADV for this Sunday) but mine is set for full clutch action and it feels just about normal. All it does is totally prevent stalls, like when you inadvertently lock the rear on a steep down hill where you need full momentum on the other up hill side. Stock you would be sitting in the saddle at the bottom trying to decide how to get the heck out. With the DR when you lock the rear all it does is drop to idle--no stall--wick up the power at the bottom and carry the momentum up the other side---nice.

Keep in mind I did not put one on my WRR--it is on my KTM380 two smoker--I've completely eliminated stalls, that was the objective. When you are at idle it does pulse or tug at you but when properly adjusted and the oil warmed up it is not really noticeable.

jeffohray wrote:
spacecadet wrote:

jeff

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WR250R/X Revloc Dyno Ring, not just a rumour   WR250R/X Revloc Dyno Ring, not just a rumour EmptySat May 21, 2011 8:29 am

joenuclear wrote:

Do you have a link to the group buy?

That was several months ago and it's over now

Akasy, did you play around with your springs at all? I was thinking that I might like a little more "launch" but I wont know until I test it at Cedro.

For those that are concerned about getting use to not using the clutch... fear not, your clutch still works. I don't see myself changing my shifting habits much for 95% of my riding. Having a free left hand at a traffic light might be nice though.
Back to top Go down
Akasy

PostSubject: Springs   WR250R/X Revloc Dyno Ring, not just a rumour EmptySat May 21, 2011 8:58 am

I've adjusted mine several times, first adjusting the gap and yesterday adding more springs. I think getting it exactly how you want it has to do with both adjustments. On mine the gap set is susposed to be 1-1.5mm I've got mine set at max to reduce idle pulse. By going up to four (came set with 3) springs it slowed engagement and quickened disengagement which is getting me close to where I want to be for my riding. Biggest thing I have found is that you have to judge your settings based on actual trail riding--I can really heat up the 380 in the deep sand of the Puerco and that hot oil shows up in how the DR engages and disengages. If I do an adjust and then just ride it around the neighborhood to evaluate it, I find I get different results when I go out and pound on it.
Back to top Go down
combo

combo

PostSubject: Re: WR250R/X Revloc Dyno Ring, not just a rumour   WR250R/X Revloc Dyno Ring, not just a rumour EmptySat May 21, 2011 9:05 am

Put it on this morning, it's great, works as advertised, clutch feels tighter but loosens up with high RPMs, shiffting is smothest still using the clutch

WR250R/X Revloc Dyno Ring, not just a rumour Img0513ub
WR250R/X Revloc Dyno Ring, not just a rumour Img0514dy

Had a little trouble working with the instructions but Gerald from
revloc.com.au went out of his way to give some phone support on a Sat
morning, top bloke thumb

Quote :
what does that do?

There is other uses and benefits of a Dyno Ring, it's turned a snatchy bike (no to mention easy to stall on slippery steep single trails) into smooth bike that doesn't lug, I also plan to do a bit of spotlighting (night hunting) with a shotgun, makes it a lot more practical with an auto clutch
Back to top Go down
combo

combo

PostSubject: Re: WR250R/X Revloc Dyno Ring, not just a rumour   WR250R/X Revloc Dyno Ring, not just a rumour EmptySat May 21, 2011 9:17 am

little squirt wrote:
Are you serious? they are available now??

One was made avalable to me, contact Revloc if you are interested
Back to top Go down
TrintCole

PostSubject: Re: WR250R/X Revloc Dyno Ring, not just a rumour   WR250R/X Revloc Dyno Ring, not just a rumour EmptyThu Apr 03, 2014 7:27 am

Subject: Revloc Dynaring for sale   Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:19 am
I purchased a revloc Dynaring kit from the Australian dealer. I've had it in the bike for maybe 20 miles, 50/50 on off road.

It cost me $520 total shipped to me. I'd like to get $400. Make me an offer if you are interested. I'll take paypal.

Kit is 100 percent, instructions and all.

Last edited by TrintCole on Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
oic0

oic0

PostSubject: Re: WR250R/X Revloc Dyno Ring, not just a rumour   WR250R/X Revloc Dyno Ring, not just a rumour EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 7:16 pm

I've always wanted one for my KX500. On tight trails I like to ride it just above idle since its got a ton of torque and is very docile like that, problem is I let it flame out sometimes and my leg gets super tired from kicking it. Not having to pull that super stiff clutch and and kick the thing over 10 times on an outing would be great. The WR on the other hand always has its revs up way to high to dream of accidentally flaming out, the clutch is super light, and if I screw up theres electric start.
Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

PostSubject: Re: WR250R/X Revloc Dyno Ring, not just a rumour   WR250R/X Revloc Dyno Ring, not just a rumour EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 11:04 pm

Personally, I don't like the idea of these things one bit. Feathering the clutch in tight situations is part of the fun of woods riding.
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: WR250R/X Revloc Dyno Ring, not just a rumour   WR250R/X Revloc Dyno Ring, not just a rumour EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 8:05 am

[quote="gatorfan"]Personally, I don't like the idea of these things one bit.   Feathering the clutch in tight situations is part of the fun of woods riding.
[/quote

You can still do that with an auto clutch.

I like to think of these as anti stall clutches because thats about all you use them for, you still have full manual over ride.

They are great for off road racing where stalling waste time and for bikes that start hard with a kick start like some mx bikes.

They are hard to get for the wrr and it doesnt need one IMO as stalling out on the trail is a non issue, its pretty hard to stall plus its electric start if it does stall.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WR250R/X Revloc Dyno Ring, not just a rumour   WR250R/X Revloc Dyno Ring, not just a rumour Empty

Back to top Go down

WR250R/X Revloc Dyno Ring, not just a rumour
Page 1 of 1