Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

WRR vs. ???

Go down 
+6
zrider
SpiritWolf15
speedtrippy
YamWOW!
SheWolf
Chadx
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Chadx

WRR vs.  ??? Empty
PostSubject: WRR vs. ???   WRR vs.  ??? EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 3:57 pm

Place to compare and contrast the WRR to other bikes.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

WRR vs.  ??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WRR vs. ???   WRR vs.  ??? EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 5:22 pm

The DRZ400 would be one, and the KLX250S would be another, although we know the R2 beats the carb off the KLX. Very happy What else...the CRF230L? That one might not be a fair competition. Hmmm...KTM?

WRR vs.  ??? Empty
PostSubject: For the adventure crowd   WRR vs.  ??? EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 7:14 pm

...how about a R² vs KLR/DR/XRR/L? Bigdog, Highfive, Krabill?
Back to top Go down

WRR vs.  ??? Empty
PostSubject: Information from ADV   WRR vs.  ??? EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 9:51 pm

As we all know, we have an awesome thread at ADV that contains just this exact comparison on page __ (60?) out of 160. The original poster has now stated that he is not going to move that content from there to here. I see no problem in referencing the thread with a link, providing recognition of the original author, and using quotation marks. Do others agree that transferring publicly posted information to this forum, provided that we appropriately reference, is reasonable?

JAH
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

WRR vs.  ??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WRR vs. ???   WRR vs.  ??? EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 10:06 pm

Many forums link threads. Thumpertalk and ADV are always cross posting; I can't see why it would be a problem here. It is, after all, a forum designed specifically for the R2/X, a place where everything is all under one roof, and has been stated it is not in competition with either boards...it is merely a supplement, and the setup as a means to easily reference different aspects of this bike. thumb

Admin
YamWOW!

WRR vs.  ??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WRR vs. ???   WRR vs.  ??? EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 10:50 pm

xjahx wrote:
As we all know, we have an awesome thread at ADV that contains just this exact comparison on page __ (60?) out of 160. The original poster has now stated that he is not going to move that content from there to here. I see no problem in referencing the thread with a link, providing recognition of the original author, and using quotation marks. Do others agree that transferring publicly posted information to this forum, provided that we appropriately reference, is reasonable?

JAH
I encourage a link back to ADVrider. They are my favorite forum. bow The original poster can bring his post over if he likes. I just feel like I'm stealing ADV or TT business. thumb
Back to top Go down
speedtrippy

speedtrippy

WRR vs.  ??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WRR vs. ???   WRR vs.  ??? EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 12:39 am

I don't think the Honda crf230l is in the same league. The only direct competition is the dr400.
I'm a ADV member too, but more interested in touring the west and Canada on the WR250. I think this will be a better site.
Back to top Go down
SpiritWolf15

SpiritWolf15

WRR vs.  ??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WRR vs. ???   WRR vs.  ??? EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 3:16 am

SheWolf wrote:
The DRZ400 would be one, and the KLX250S would be another, although we know the R2 beats the carb off the KLX. Very happy What else...the CRF230L? That one might not be a fair competition. Hmmm...KTM?

the Husky WR250? >;3
Back to top Go down
zrider

zrider

WRR vs.  ??? Empty
PostSubject: More Huskys?   WRR vs.  ??? EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 3:32 am

Tibarus wrote:
SheWolf wrote:

the Husky WR250? >;3

Tibarus, I was thinking of the new TE310. Looks pretty sweet.
Back to top Go down

WRR vs.  ??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WRR vs. ???   WRR vs.  ??? EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 5:51 am

[quote=]"Tibarus, I was thinking of the new TE310. Looks pretty sweet.[/quote]

droooool droooool droooool droooool droooool

I really want to see one of these in person.

Hodakaguy
Back to top Go down
speedtrippy

speedtrippy

WRR vs.  ??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WRR vs. ???   WRR vs.  ??? EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 2:08 pm

I guess that I'm just buying japanesse bike from now on. I've had problems with Euro bikes and never want to own another.
Back to top Go down
zrider

zrider

WRR vs.  ??? Empty
PostSubject: I'm kind of on your side   WRR vs.  ??? EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 9:10 pm

speedtrippy wrote:
I guess that I'm just buying japanesse bike from now on. I've had problems with Euro bikes and never want to own another.

For extra cash and time permitting, I still rebuild motors. I got an inquiry today about rebuilding an 08' TE610 motor. The guy sent me a picture of the top of the motor with the valve cover off. The cam roller bearing is completely grenaded. puke Motor has just over 15k on it. He popped the motor doing some flat out runs on dry lake beds in Death Valley. Getting pulled back to the truck was bad enough, but the loss of 3 days of riding was a real bite after driving all the way down there from the Seattle area. When talking with him it sounds like the only failure was the roller bearing. If I do the rebuild, I'll post if it looked like an oiling/lubrication issue or just a bad bearing seliction.

I posted in ADV that I have always been very impressed with Yamaha's selection of bearings and other components. It is not just the bearing manufacture, but also the grade, size and style.
Back to top Go down
DAKARma daze

WRR vs.  ??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WRR vs. ???   WRR vs.  ??? EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 1:26 am

I'm pretty set on the Yamaha (if I can find one) but I just found out there is a Husqvarna dealer in Vegas. That was one of the factors against the TE310 for me. Husky's website shows the nearest dealer in Indio, about 275 miles away. I went by there when I was passing through the area recently but they didn't have one yet. I am going to give them a closer look, mostly just to feel like I did my research before I buy the WRR..

My Grandmother was from Sweden and my dad raced Huskys back in the early seventies, but it's hard to get too sentimental when they are made in Italy and owned by a German company.

He raced a Yamaha too now that I think about it.
Back to top Go down
speedtrippy

speedtrippy

WRR vs.  ??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WRR vs. ???   WRR vs.  ??? EmptySat Feb 14, 2009 11:03 am

My local dealer will sell me the 2008 R model for $5,100 or the 2008 X model for $5,200.
That includes a FMF pipe on the bike. That sounds good to me. Also he is only 8 miles away. What deals are other people getting?
Back to top Go down
boogn1sh

boogn1sh

WRR vs.  ??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WRR vs. ???   WRR vs.  ??? EmptySat Feb 14, 2009 1:59 pm

My good buddy has a new 450 Husky and it is bad azz! It really had me thinking very hard about getting the TE310 for DS use. Price and distance to nearest dealer were holding me back and reliability was a bit of a question. He has not had any problems that I am aware of, not sure how many miles he's racked up yet though.

Then when I saw the maintenance schedule of the R², that sealed the deal. Oh, that and the blue bikes have always remained reliable no matter how hard I abused them. I wish my blue R6 was closer so she could have been in this shot too:

WRR vs.  ??? WR250RBreak-in017
Back to top Go down
JaiDee

JaiDee

WRR vs.  ??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WRR vs. ???   WRR vs.  ??? EmptySun Feb 15, 2009 1:51 am

Hey boogn1sh, did you pick your bike up at Bill Eddy's? If so, did they (have they) treated you well? I'll be back in F'ville this summer and hope to pick up a R² so am trying to scout the scene a bit. Thanks for any insights you or anyone else from NW Ark or Eastern Ok may have.
-JD
Back to top Go down
boogn1sh

boogn1sh

WRR vs.  ??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WRR vs. ???   WRR vs.  ??? EmptySun Feb 15, 2009 3:23 am

JaiDee-
Unfortunately, no. I have tried to buy from Bill Eddy's Motorsports in the past but it just never works out. They want full sticker for a left over 2008 model PLUS some set up fee garbage. Are you freaking kidding me!?!?! That is what RETAIL price is. I sell cars and I don't dick around with BS "fees" and I don't pay sticker price for last years model. They piss me off and that sux 'cause they are 2 miles from my house and I have purchased 6 Yamahas in the last 8-9 years and they have never made an attempt to earn my business. Not even for parts or service. I get Yamaparts in Rogers and take my R6 track bike to K&N in Tulsa for the serious work. I occasionally ride with Bill at Hallett, he's a great guy, but his sales staff, managers, whoever are not cool. I found the R² $1200 less than Billy Eddy price. If you want to buy a Yamaha near Fayetteville, contact Chad Smith @ Big Boar Powersports. Chad is the owner and is a wonderful guy to deal with. http://bigboarpowersports.com/

Sumatra eh? I love the Mandheling coffee beans. wink

Travel safe, lets ride when you get back....
Back to top Go down
JaiDee

JaiDee

WRR vs.  ??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WRR vs. ???   WRR vs.  ??? EmptySun Feb 15, 2009 4:59 am

boogn1sh,

Thanks for the heads-up! Bummer about BE's!!! I was hoping there'd be somebody close as I'd always rather support local businesses, but full retail PLUS setup? dddog 2 miles from your house? Bummer! I'm a bit farther to the east, but... I'll contact Chad in June when I get back to town. I'll make sure I give you a jingle too. Let's ride.

Sumatra coffee is good stuff. Whenever we ride we always stop along the way at the little shops and have some kopi jinsing (jinsing coffee). MMmm mmm good!
-JD
Back to top Go down
boogn1sh

boogn1sh

WRR vs.  ??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WRR vs. ???   WRR vs.  ??? EmptySun Feb 15, 2009 4:45 pm

Big Boar Powersports is in Rogers, well worth the 15-20 minute drive
Back to top Go down
BigBoar

BigBoar

WRR vs.  ??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WRR vs. ???   WRR vs.  ??? EmptyFri May 08, 2009 5:46 pm

Hey!!
Thanks for the Plug! We work hard for every deal here, whether its a bike or a pipe... If we can do anything for anybody on the board, send me and email
chad@bigboarpowersports.com and i will get back with you asap....
We try to make you a good deal, and take care of your afterwards,,,,, I reallly appreciate it when i stumble onto someone giving us an attaboy... thanks again..
Chad.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

WRR vs.  ??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WRR vs. ???   WRR vs.  ??? Empty

Back to top Go down

WRR vs. ???
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum :: General :: WRR/X General Discussion-
Jump to: