Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

"Flex" hand guards

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
gatorfan

gatorfan

"Flex" hand guards Empty
PostSubject: "Flex" hand guards   "Flex" hand guards EmptySun May 29, 2011 8:52 pm

What do you think of these "flex" hand guards?

I've avoided the D-rings b/c of the "wrist breaker" reputation.

Image hosted by servimg.com

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/2/9/192/30332/ITEM/Moose-Racing-Flex-Handguards.aspx?WT.ac=SLIsearch
Back to top Go down
mrgeoff

"Flex" hand guards Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Flex" hand guards   "Flex" hand guards EmptyMon May 30, 2011 12:00 pm

I have been looking for something similar, would be interested in seeing in where the bracket places on the bar, as I want it inside the levers.

The ones I have seen so far fit between the throttle and the lever, this pushes the lever inboard :(
Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

"Flex" hand guards Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Flex" hand guards   "Flex" hand guards EmptyMon May 30, 2011 2:00 pm

mrgeoff wrote:
I have been looking for something similar, would be interested in seeing in where the bracket places on the bar, as I want it inside the levers.

The ones I have seen so far fit between the throttle and the lever, this pushes the lever inboard :(

That's exactly my other Q. They're not too pricey. I'm gonna give them a go sonnuf. In-laws in town for 2 wks so I'm grounded. RATS!
Back to top Go down
Bikeman

"Flex" hand guards Empty
PostSubject: Re:Flex handguards   "Flex" hand guards EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 3:14 am

These look identical to Enduro Engineering ones I have. They do indeed sit between the levers and the switch pods. The clutch side one will reduce lever pull slightly as the lever now hits the small 1/4 inch protusion on the front of the switch pod housing. They are fine for keeping the branches off your hands, but bend quite easily in minor spills. Having said that I just bent back into place.

I was just using till I got my discount code for the HDB Guards.
-Bikeman
Back to top Go down
njbill

njbill

"Flex" hand guards Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Flex" hand guards   "Flex" hand guards EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 2:52 pm

They will not prevent much damage to the throttle if you crash. I once saw a guy crash without hand guards and his throttle went into the ground stuck wide open. That was a violent couple of seconds. Shog
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

"Flex" hand guards Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Flex" hand guards   "Flex" hand guards Empty

Back to top Go down

"Flex" hand guards
Page 1 of 1